For Sale - 1980 Euro 308GTB | FerrariChat

For Sale 1980 Euro 308GTB

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by shenbec, Aug 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shenbec

shenbec Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    After 20+ years of ownership I am selling my Red/Black interior Euro (German spec) 1980 308GTB serial number 30693, with 55xxx km (35000 miles). Has DOT/EPA waiver. This is a rare dry sump, carbureted (one of the last), factory electronic ignition (single distributor), 16" factory Chromadora wheels (has original window decal stating this), deep larger fiberglass front spoiler, and correct single outlet exhaust. Car has never had body damage. Have two tool kits (one original one reproduction, plus some spare tools) and two original Jack kits. Also have a 1980 Euro owner’s manual and a 1976 US manual. Asking $95,000. The car is located in Spring City PA 19475. I have title in hand.

Modifications: The springs have been cut and the car corner weighted (it is about 1”+ lower, but a set of adjustable height springs are also included). Has thicker Michelotto front and rear sway bars (originals included). The front bonnet grills have been stripped to bare aluminum and clear coated. The carburetors also have different larger jetting installed. The car corners very flat and the engine pulls very strong from 2000 RPM to beyond red line.

History: The car started life in Germany. In 1985 the car was imported into the US. In 1989 Tim Holt of Holt Motorsports in West Chester PA bought it as his personal car. I then purchased the car from Tim in November of 1998 with 41071km (25520 miles), it currently has 55xxx km (just under 35000 miles).

Major Maintenance Performed, with receipts and records

2019 Replaced trunk zippered cover

2018 Replaced Transmission fluid and engine oil (55k km)

2017 Replaced all four tires

2015 Replaced all electrical relays

2013 Rebuilt brake master cylinder and booster (changed brake fluid)

2013 Timing belts replaced at about 54500 km

2012 Rebuilt water pump (changed antifreeze)

2012 Installed Retro Air Rotary AC compressor (never charged)

2009 Timing belts replaced at about 53500 km

2006 Rebuilt starter

2003 Installed New Jet Hot Coated front exhaust header

2002 Timing Belts, Ignition (Coils/Wires/Distributor Cap/Rotter/Magnetic pickups), Replaced all hoses (Fuel/Coolant/AC), Suspension Bushings, POR15 (rust prevention black paint) inside of front fenders and A-arms

2001 Replaced Steering Rack

2000 Radiator clean/repair/paint, painted hood and replaced foam pieces

1999 Redyed door panels

Have many new parts and kept all the old parts removed from the car.

New Spare Parts Included

2x Motor mounts

Shock bushings

Water Pump Belt

AC Belt

Fuel filter

Dash Instrument Light Bulbs

Euro side-marker light

Window channel felt

Wheel valve stem

4x wheel centers

Brake caliper seals

Interior AC plate

Interior Fan/Hazard/Wiper/Antenna plate

Body plate

Paint label

Carburetor rebuild kit

F40 style key blank

Usable Parts that were working when removed from the car

2x Ignition coils

2x Ignition magnetic pickups

Distributor cap

Distributor rotor

Alternator

Plus have old hoses/nuts/bolts/screws/misc parts that were replaced during the listed maintenance.

Contact Chris at 610-659-1329 or [email protected] Many more pictures available upon request.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

George Vosburgh likes this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Wow. Outstanding. Love the mid year change steering wheel, but carb seats. Super cool I bet this sounds amazing.

ralfabco and BOKE like this.
  3. Bucci

Bucci Karting

Jan 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Bucci
    You sell it?

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Very nice, you made a lot of the same changes I made to my '77 GTB.