Will Pista Production end in Dec 2019? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Will Pista Production end in Dec 2019?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shack, Jul 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Hmm...that's funny, my source informs me that it will be more like 7:03 pm; your source apparently neglected to take into account Italian labor law, which requires a mandatory bathroom break at 8:47 pm.

2. PRO SYSTEMS

PRO SYSTEMS Karting

Mar 4, 2017
    Miami, FL
    I was at the factory a couple weeks ago... there was a Pista rolling off the line every 20 minutes. Every color of the rainbow and some that were striped with just some hideous colors and arrangements... there were like two Portos on the line and the rest Pistas.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Likely trying to get as many Pistas delivered before the August shutdown.

4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    I debunked the "must buy a Lusso to get a Pista" myth from the word go and got flamed
    Mentioned that Pista production would span at least 1.5 years, got flamed
    Stated a substantial majority of cars on the V8 production line were Pistas, still got flamed

Now I need to head over to the C8 forum and debunk all the myths too? Like all the customers thinking their pre-ordered Vettes are going to be the first ones delivered... Why bother anymore.

Viperjoe and SoCal to az like this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not to bring this up again but 1.5 years would be end of 2019 correct as production started last summer -

I tended to be in that camp. However a manager at a German Ferrari dealership said that Pista production is going well into summer 2020. that would be more than 1.5 years. What is correct?

6. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    There were many on Fchat stating Pista production was going to be capped at 6 months and the Pista was going to have a production run substantially below the Speciale. My post always mentioned a production time of at least 1.5 years, making it at least until the end of 2019.
    I suspect many on the 6 month production bandwagon fell for the Lusso game. You simply have to run a dealership in the USA to smell the games dealers are known for.

I don't have any other definitive details beyond 2019.

SoCal to az likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I mean obviously its not a 6 month production run. Time will tell if it goes beyond end of 2019. I was of the camp that thought it would end but if a dealer in Germany is saying they are scheduled to deliver cars till next summer- then so be it.

Speciale production run was 2.5 years correct?

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    You seem to have selective memory. I could well have missed it but I think you will find it difficult to find any post from a well-known member that said 6 months production for Pista. What you actually said was that people should wait for an allocation rather than buy a Lusso to get one because Ferrari would build more than the Speciale and they are only pretending that allocations would be limited - more would be forthcoming later on. As it turned out Pista allocations have been very difficult to come by and there are many people on here who could not get a new allocation for either coupe or spider. Don’t think you debunked anything.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    There you go again proving my point refuting what I say. I give you credit though after walking back most of it after you found out things are far different in NA than in Europe.

My claim you are referencing was to be patient AND have sufficient history with your dealer. That means a lot depending on your market.

10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I tried and tried and tried, and the ONLY way I could secure one is through a Lusso or Port first. My 812 was the first Ferrari I spec’d and purchased new. I am late to the game, so I get it and harbor no ill feelings.

Viperjoe and Lukeylikey like this.
  11. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    My points are never to belittle others, you did what worked best for you. Your dealer wanted to make an extra $100K from you since you didn't have sufficient history.

The problem I had was dealers telling customers that a Lusso was a "requirement from Ferrari". I believe there was also almost a $20K trunk money for each one sold in NA, how many customers were told that? A dealer doesn't have to disclose a manufacturer to dealer incentive, but usually they get passed on. The rebates/offers you see on advertisements are manufacturer to consumer.

These dealer games devalue the ownership experience.

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Straight question; what would you prefer? First come, first served? Wouldn’t that just invite speculators all the more? At least with dealers/Ferrari making sure buyers have had multiple vehicles, including the less popular ones, they know that buyers are much less likely to be profit-taking and more likely want the car for positive reasons. I have two friends and know multiple other customers at my dealer who have Pistas. None have a Lusso and few have a Portofino. One never even had a 488! But they are all very regular Ferrari customers - 5+ cars in the last 5 years.

13. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Any new thinking on when production will end for the coupe and or the spider?
    Production seems to have continued beyond 12/31/2019.

Thanks

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It's definitely the case for the spider, not sure for the coupe.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Both types are still in the pipeline along with the F8. I suppose both will end around week 23 as I believe that's the week where model year changes. Considering there are both coupés and spiders that are red and green 10, it looks like they will end at roughly the same time.

Bmill likes this.