Who has had their Ferrari lowered - did you go through dealer or 3rd party? | FerrariChat

Who has had their Ferrari lowered - did you go through dealer or 3rd party?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HX_Guy, Aug 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Looking at lowering my 458 with Novitec springs (I have the front lifter, which I dont believe can be lowered via the stock coilovers).

Is this something a Ferrari Dealer does, or did you go to a 3rd party shop/tuner? Thanks.

2. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Previous owner had the car lowered by the dealer. But I'm sure a good Indy shop should be able to do this as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I think you can lower a little bit on stock setup. I have front lifter and intend to have the dealership lower my car 15mm all four corners. They said they can do it.

4. Austex458

Austex458 Karting

May 30, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Romeo Manzanilla
    I had my local indy shop install the Novitec springs. I also have the front lifter option. I was advised against lowering the stock coil overs with the front lift system due to the limited travel of the stock springs with the front lift option. Better to do it right the first time.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  5. Rami Hajjar

Rami Hajjar Rookie

Apr 30, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rami H
    I had my 488 lowered w/ Novitec, dealer wouldn't lower it with my stock springs. Ended up doing it at a 3rd party shop that my dealer uses as well.

6. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Do you have the front lift system by chance?

7. Austex458

Austex458 Karting

May 30, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Romeo Manzanilla
    I do have the front lift system. That's the only reason I would even think of lowering it. Without the front lift and lowered on Novitec springs you're going to scrape a lot.

Actualizer likes this.
  8. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    I have it as well, and agree with you on that.

Do you know how much your car was lowered? The springs drop it 30mm I believe, but Ive seen pictures of 458s with the Novitec springs where some looks too slammed, with the tire tucking, and some just right. Is it possible to adjust the amount its lower by doing a combination of the Novitec springs and adjusting the coilover perches?

9. Austex458

Austex458 Karting

May 30, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Romeo Manzanilla
    I only lowered the car the 30mm that the springs provide. I was looking to get rid of that 4x4 stock look.

10. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    I’m thinking I want less than 30mm but maybe that’s the perfect amount? Do you have any pictures you could post up? Thanks.

11. Expat458

Expat458 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    The Sand Pit
    Full Name:
    Paul Healey
    I did my Novitec at a 3rd party shop. The only thing that I got the dealer to do at the next annual service after the installation was to bleed the front lift hydraulic system.

Check out my thread which details all the modifications I have done to my Italia (some DIY and some at a 3rd party shop) with photos, the suspension was one of the first things I did and HRE 21/22 wheels was one of the last.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/shopping-list-for-my-2012-458-italia.549549/

12. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Novitec, installed by TAG. Has lift.

13. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Novitec. 3rd party authorized novitec shop. Lifter. Super low, lift is mandatory if you encounter any major dips. Can take speed bumps without it, but very very slowly, if that gives you an idea. Big wide wheels with the drop looks perfect.

FWIW my dealer has installed aftermarket parts with no issue, they didn’t do the novitec stuff.

14. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    Novitec (KW springs) done at a third party shop, have the front lifter. I would be hesitant to lower more than the 30mm as I scrape either the tire (I also have the spacers) or the front under tray when doing canyon roads with bigger than normal imperfections.

Rdwaggie likes this.
  15. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    You are one brave soul taking your Ferrari engine apart like that! Crazy haha.

Thanks for the pictures, looks like it should be possible to make coilover perch adjustments if needed...say if 30mm looks to look and only want to go 25mm.

I talked to the local Ferrari Dealer and they said they have and done that kind of work before, which is good, I'd rather they do it and make sure its all put back together how ti should (proper torque setting etc).

16. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Im actually thinking 30mm is too much and something like 25mm would be better.

Something like this for example looks great to me...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

But this is too low in the front...I don't want the tire tucking under the fender, would prefer maybe 1/2" above the tire.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    I have the lift system and had my car lowered by the dealer within months of buying it a hundred years ago (on the stock set up)...it's so low now I can barely get out of it lol...but it did drop the gap that made it look like an suv from the factory