Options you wish Ferrari would offer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Options you wish Ferrari would offer

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F2003-GA, Aug 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Not really. There is one standard size for all Europe countries, which is similar to most asian , arabian and Russian countries. And all other number plates, that are different size , are actually smaller. So they should just think about the standard (biggest) size and that will sort it all out.

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You do realize the biggest size will end up with the ugliest front end design

G. Pepper likes this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've had a removable bracket for both my 456M and 360. I can instantly take it off - the bracket I bought for the 456M also works with the 360 - for shows and track days.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Always legal on any lengthy drives.
    No plate.
    Plate.
    I'd rather the designers get the front end. We can adapt.

F2003-GA likes this.
  4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A better selection of colors....even Porsche is widening up on that

DGPF and F2003-GA like this.
  5. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    And is it better LaFerrari owners to put their number plates on the front bonnet then? Everything has a solution. If aftermarket companies can make number plate brackets, so can Ferrari. My Scud front bumper had a perfect number plate place and I wouldn't call that front end ugly. The individual solutions of the owners for resolving this make some cars much more uglier, than if Ferrari would think about this problem.

And as for the yellow 360 - this is the first time I see a number plate put so wrong... There is a perfect place for it on the front bumper, why the hell not using it?... It restricts the air flow to the LH radiator also...

DGPF likes this.
  6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The optimal solution may be to install a standardized mounting connection, such as threaded sockets, to allow various different sized brackets to be added or removed from the front. A pair of blank bolts could be inserted to prevent rust of the threaded sockets when no bracket was installed.

A dealer built front plate brackets for the front of my 328, but they bolted to holes added to the bottom of the front bumper.
    That actually worked out, as the plate hung down enough to be a "curb feeler" -- the plate was the low point on the front of the car.
    I dragged the (Virginia) front plate pretty often, going down ramps in the underground parking garage.
    (I didn't really care if the front plate was a tad bent at the bottom. ;))

Now that I'm in Tennessee, with no front plate, I was able to remove the plate bracket.
    (But it left a couple of holes in the bottom of the front bumper.)

The (optional) front plate mounting bracket for my EVO was more problematic.
    If I were to remove the bracket, it'd leave three big holes in the front of the front bumper.

7. F50gta

F50gta Rookie

Jul 8, 2008
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Or a ski rack

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    In all seriousness, 360 view camera when parking as well as security camera when someone approaching the car (like Tesla) will be very nice.

Also, carbon tub.

Fireman1291 and F2003-GA like this.
  9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Jacuzzi and mini bar.

10. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

A decent cup holder. I like enjoying one of those giant Fosters while driving.

11. Bee Cave

Bee Cave Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Cornish
    Agree with decent cup holder and also Apple Car Play and MUCH better speakers

12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Buttons that don’t get sticky.

Fireman1291 and rumen1 like this.
  13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Used in the UK to nick you for speeding :D We do have many forward facing speed cameras. Other than that I see no need. Motorcycles are exempt from front plates because riders coming off over the front, I suspect have a habit of slicing body parts off on them.

F2003-GA likes this.
  14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Gated shifter.

4CamGT and F2003-GA like this.