Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach Members | FerrariChat

Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach Members

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by drjmoney, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    I am a new Ferrari owner and would love to get together with other owners in Hampton Roads. I am sure there are a few here! If you are interested in meeting up let me know.
    -Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hey Jamie.

I'm Steve in Hampton and Yorktown. F430 here.

Congrats on your Ferrari!

Steve

drjmoney likes this.
  3. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    I am in Virginia Beach (Redmill area)

LARRYH likes this.
  4. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Guys,

The Ferrari Club of America's Mid-Atlantic Region has formed a Tidewater Chapter of the FCA. It covers the areas of Richmond, VA to all points East (to the Atlantic Ocean) and South to the NC border. The Tidewater Chapter is having a "Meet and Eat" on Sunday, June 2nd you should check out our website for more info: https://www.fca-mar.com/events/event-calendar/

Bill P.

drjmoney and E60 M5 like this.
  5. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Very cool! I belonged to FCA for a while and kinda' felt like there wasn't much going on, at least nothing I could fit in due to schedule and distance. I'd love to see a stronger community out this way (I'm in Suffolk).

I'm actually thinking of starting an Italian car event at a local restored 1920's Italian style house and am looking into starting up a cars and coffee-based coffee house around the same theme. Can you tell I'm hungry for some F-car interaction?! :)

James6613 and drjmoney like this.
  6. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Chupa,

That's precisely why I wanted to start a Tidewater Chapter . We have several members in that area that don't get a chance to participate in the events that we hold further north. So, we decided to change that. But in order to make it successful, we need people willing to come out to our events. Suffolk huh? We've been to Surry, VA several times as part of our annual Virginia Historic Driving Tour. That's not too far from you. We've also been to Jamestown, Yorktown and a few other areas.

I really wish you would consider making the drive to our Meet and Eat on June 2nd. I'd really like to meet with you to discuss some ideas with you.

Bill P.
    FCA-MAR Regional Director

7. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Chupa, I'm over here in Hampton on GrandView Island. Surry isn't too far away.

Steve

Chupacabra likes this.
  8. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    3 hours each way is a little long from VB. I love the idea of a tidewater chapter. If there is enough interest I would like to get some folks together within an hour or so of VB. Maybe the eastern shore or Gloucester/poquoson (or just the oceanfront area).

9. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Drjmoney,

If you're referring to the 2.5 hour drive from VA Beach to Irvington, VA then yes, that may be a long drive for you and would completely understand you not wanting to go. Still...if you happen to change your mind, we'd love to have you join us!

As for the Tidewater Chapter, it's still in it's infancy period. While we hope to eventually see more events in Va Beach, Hampton, Williamsburg and Richmond areas, what we need are people who are willing to join the club and participate in these events. We need people like you! I've sent you a PM with my contact info. Please feel free to reach out, would enjoy hearing from you.

Bill P.
    FCA-MAR Regional Director

10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    We'll see you guys on the second!

11. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Hey Steve, what color is your 430? Wondering if I may have seen you out and about...

12. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Grey. I took it to Racewerks last Friday to raise it up a bit. It was lowered by the previous owner. Missed the festivities today. I pick up the car tomorrow.

Steve

13. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Ummmmmmmmm, grey. Lovely color on a 430! Can't wait to see it!

Don't blame you for raising it up a bit, that would annoy me.

14. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
  15. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Niiiice! I'm usually not a fan of swapped wheels but those are pretty fantastic, I must say. What are they?

16. James6613

James6613 Rookie

Dec 13, 2013
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hey guys,

I live in Portsmouth. Chupa that meetup you want to organize sounds really cool do you live in northern Suffolk or the old town Suffolk area? Where is this house located that you are thinking of having the meet up? I went on the Virginia Historic Driving tour and it was a lot of fun, we crossed on the Jamestown ferry as part of the drive. I regrettably missed the Irvington trip it looked like a nice spot.

Jim

Chupacabra likes this.
  17. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Portsmouth, right on! I'm in Northern Suffolk. The Obici House is where I'd like to organize an event, but we're a ways off from that I think. Then again, maybe not - just need to get enough folks interested and together. I'm planing a cars & coffee over at Gather near Chesapeake Square (Next to Lowes). Nice place and they are SUPER stoked to have an event in the works. We're shooting for July. It is a baby step, but important nonetheless. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the email chain that's going to start up.

18. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ADV1

19. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Most folks in this thread already know, but I've set up a cars & coffee on 3 August at Gather coffee house in Chesapeake. Spread the word and come on out!

http://www.gathercafe.net

20. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    recoil likes this.
  21. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    F cars are not necessities :) We had a pretty decent turnout for our first run of the C&C in Chesapeake this morning. I'll post again when we decide to do round two, you should come on over! Also, please let us know of any fun stuff going on over that way!

22. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
  23. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    doing well! applying for residency in a few weeks, and just trying to keep the clinical experience up in the meantime.

recoil likes this.
  24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I live in va beach so it seems there are a few of us

25. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    In the process of putting together a meet & eat for Tidewater FCA at the Riverstone Chophouse in Suffolk right off of 664 in Harborview...thinking about 29 September, but open to feedback from FCA members who would like to attend. I'd like to see a good turnout if possible!

e46m3 likes this.