Testarossa Price Trends | Page 120 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Definitely, but that was due to it’s bill of material (BOM) and not its method of manufacture (MOM). It was still a hand made car that benefited from being more thoroughly engineered, implemented, and marketed than its predecessors. Did I mention I’m super into manufacturing? Lol

MS250 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed on the brakes... that being said the original tr one were so so. I never fund them terrible as some did but not great...
    Carbon ceramic if u don’t track the car: the rotors will not need replacing, if they do...u are in for a nice 15k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    It’s actually more than 15k - pads and rotors need to change at the same time. Saw a 458 at 20k need them .... seems that once the pads go it’s both pad and rotor. Rotor cannot be saved as the pad cuts into too much. And this is just maintenance for wear and tear ..... just wait when these cars start developing power window, f1, interior issues etc .... the engine out service for a TR will be a bargain. As for the diff, so many cars have already changed them that this won’t even be an issue either. TR engine and gearbox is rock solid and proven. With proper care they will last long before any rebuild. The interior and paint is a little weak spot - but that is nothing compared to the interior and electronics of a 360 on up to the f8. I still believe, the TR will find its way to collector car status within the next 10-15 yrs.
    It’s just that good of a car to use, not over powered, modern comforts , and analogy enough that the car can be easily maintained without a sd2 hook up :)

turbo-joe likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Absolutely! But for now the values are what they are. Just like a crypto currency the TR exploded too quick too fast in value and now u have that huge gap between asking and selling price, 20-30% difference and the younger generation can’t drive sticks and want screen everywhere.
    I have a FF and what can tell u is that the newer cars are much stronger but if something goes wrong it’s ridiculous; the tr with good history should never have a bill above 10k...that’s why when my car is out of warranty...it’s gone!;)

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Not sure Nat. It has 24,000 miles and needs a service. I am not saying it will take $20,000 but at that mileage it could.

The seller would have been better off having it done before the sale.

I think the reserve was $150, but I think it may only be worth $160 serviced. However, I defer to you on value.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Well maintained car though... 150k is a nice price. Say 10-12k at an indi shop...I think it might have been underbid...

8. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

A question then to the group. What is the value of an appraisal? One was done on my car on 2017, but I paid substantially less as the seller didn't want to hold on to the car for years waiting for a sale.

So, do cars typically go for their appraised value, higher, lower? Was I an exception?

Maybe I answered my own question, but I am interested in the experience of others.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Aside being an indication of what the selling point might me I see little value in one.::
    That being said that car was for sure worth 10-20% but BaT isn’t helping the TR market with all those cars back to back put for sale it only corroborates that they are a hard sale once the service is due...not many reached high value on BaT so it’s time sellers correct their price tag because BaT isn’t that far off. That fantasy junction car which was advertised for 129k and 29k miles fetched 96on BaT+5k fée and in real world sold for 105k... so...

10. Gary Sandberg

Hhmmmmm. Makes me think that prices are either at a plateau or on a slight down-ward trend. Sort of like the stock market.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

I think they have plateau’d for now. It’s a nice purchase...but what a car though!

12. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    You're right disappeared. Really weird. For fun I called no call back.

VIN: ZFFLG40A8R0097598

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    the tr is so under valued i took mine out for a drive through the canyons last night loved every mile of it huge smile we are all fortuante to have one amazing vehicle

mrp_e, turbo-joe and Gary Sandberg like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed but market is flat for now;)

15. Gary Sandberg

I agree, I love every second behind the wheel.
    The problem is that I believe the vast majority of the public is not of the same opinion. Within a select group of enthusiasts, the car will hold value.
    For the vast majority, the idiosyncrasies of the car will hurt value. So, a plateau.

But, as has been said to me many times over (and to paraphrase), "did you marry the beautiful woman to have her every night or are you saving her for the next man?"
    My goal is to drive the car and enjoy the car and rest be damned.

16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i agree it is ,the ones that thought about a tr and passed are missing out it pulls nicely and its a great exprience to drive on a open road very happy with mine

17. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey guys that was my car. Didn't even really want to sell. Just got a wild hair one day and made the decision to list it. Been looking at F12 or 488.
    I had a number in mind for reserve and BaT talked me down a bit and I thought it was a very aggressive reserve but didn't make it there. To be honest I was having sellers remorse and was hopeful it wouldn't go. Was relieved in the end to keep it. As you all know its an icon and at lest the 512 and M are somewhat rare. I took it to the local C&C the weekend during the auction and looking closely at all the modern supercars and really deciding nothing can match the TR presence and classic elegance. As far as service its been 5 years and I won't touch my belts until 7 years. When I pull them then for the major guarantee the belts will still look new. Pleased to be keeping as I knew after I listed it I was making a mistake. Long live the joys of driving the 80's icon!
    Cheers

blkdiablo33, xplodee, Zeff and 2 others like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

You are right! Great car. Market wise without service was probably worth 150-160k. I thought 132 was way too low. The trs , more so than the 512, are a good deal and look amazing. They are a great value and will appreciate in a few years. Glad u are keeping it! Nice car!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  19. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    1991 tr just went through mecum in Monterey bid to 110k didn’t sell. 8800 miles and due for service. Was not a perfect car!

20. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Which tells me anyone who sells on BaT is not helping the market. What are they thinking with 24mon of bad results vs the auction houses? I guess they just want a sure thing with less red tape?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah bat is no good. I watched the last bat auction and the bidders there were a joke in my opinion. Most were low bids and then they quit bidding. I didn’t even take it serious. Was a joke!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Still not good for prices. BAT helping the trend down. That new one classiche on there went from being 176 in 2016, to 137 in 2017 ans god knows what it will get on BAT

23. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan