Fabspeed Header Blankets | FerrariChat

Fabspeed Header Blankets

Discussion in '360/430' started by isight, Jun 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isight

isight Karting

Apr 15, 2017
    Hello everyone, I just purchased by first F-car a few weeks ago! 2005 F430 with 15k miles and I can't believe what I've been missing. Coming from a 911 C2S, this car is amazing!

Before I took delivery of my car, I had a shop in LA install Fabspeed headers. I couldn't have the blankets installed at the same time as they were back ordered. I now have the blankets. How easy are these to install on top of the Fabspeed headers? I called a F-car shop and they said it would take 4+ hours? The blankets look easy enough to install. I tried searching the forum but couldnt find much discussion on this topic.

Any experience/suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys and I look forward to being a part of the F car community!

Sam

2. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I can't believe nobody responded, even Fabspeed. They seems easy enough to attach and I would hope no more than an hour, but may be wrong. I'm currently looking to add them to my 07 430 as I have a dealer installing the headers.

3. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Those are fairly easy to install but time consuming as you need to drop the floor pan and (probably), the inner fender as well. Then you can access the two / three ”rearest” exhaust pipes on each side.
    Maybe you need to remove the hatch behind the seats in order to gain access to the front pipes. And to do that you might have to remove the seats as well.

So four hours might just be an accurate estimation...

4. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Luckily in my case they are being installed at the same time as the headers :)