Do you know either of these F12? | FerrariChat

Do you know either of these F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Poseur, Aug 13, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    I'm considering both of these F12's and would welcome opinions or personal experience from the F12 community.

#1 Is at Boardwalk Ferrari in Dallas. They have done the CPO inspection, but are not including the warranty. Rosso Mugello over Cuoio.
    https://www.boardwalkferrari.com/used/Ferrari/2014-Ferrari-F12berlinetta-Dallas-6373f3c30a0e08bb1d2e0c1129f8ff7e.htm

#2 is at an independent in Nashville. One owner with all the paperwork. The car was trucked to Ferrari dealers for all services.
    https://www.bellemeadeautobrokers.com/details-2014-ferrari-f12berlinetta-msrp_416_301_731hp_6_3l_v~12_afs_lighting_daytona_seats-used-zff74ufa3e0200132.html

I live near San Francisco, California, so I'd appreciate any thoughts you have, especially if you have seen either of these cars. If you have recommendations for shops that can do PPI nearby, I would appreciate them.

Any ideas on how many were produced in either Rosso Mugello or Blu America?

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I do not know either car, but for the money (assuming everything else equal mechanically) - The first one is a much better deal. Lower milage, newer car (Vin wise), better CF options inside and alcatera throughout.

Have a PPI done and do some negotiation. Also depends on color you want, both are great on the F12 in my opinion. Also think about what options are critical for you. ie. Both have the lift and reverse camera, but the first does not have the passenger display (novelty, but a cool feature). The second does not have all CF interior. But the first is lower miles, and a little longer maintenance schedule by a few months.

Both are pretty rare colors, not sure of the numbers as this is not published anywhere I know, but unique for sure. Price is close to correct on the lower milage one, a little high on the higher milage one. - but both can be negotiated.

For reference I bought a low milage F12 in December - all specs possible mostly - also a 2014.. I also knew I would spend 4K - 8K or more making it right (PPF clear 3m coating, color correction, some nits and nats, etc.) My PPI checked out perfectly, a month later, turn signals went bad with the control unit, my radio was not connecting with blue tooth correctly. Had them both replaced for an additional 5K. But the car is now perfect. I also did some CF mods to the engine, new TDF wheels light weight wheels, etc. Just put aside some dollars no matter the PPI results to make sure it is perfect, no matter what the PPI comes back - and you will be set. These low production numbers will have a few gremlins - some do not, most do.

Car is a beast and scary fast when you want it to be, also one of the most beautiful (IMO) since some in the early 60s.. Minus the TDF - which is a grail car - this is one of the most beautiful and powerful cars on the planet.

DRYHOLE and of2worlds like this.
  3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    what did you pay if you dont mind? I'm in the market as well. I see a lot listed in the $230k's and wondering what they actually change hands for

4. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I paid 245K early December, but the market has come down 10-15K. Mine had 2800 miles 425K sticker. again had to put ~25K in in to make it right/how I wanted it, plus some goodies (PPF clear cover, TDF wheels, some repairs, CF engine parts)

of2worlds likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    All of two seconds to choose the Rosso Mugello over cuoio as the choice. Much less miles and from an official Ferrari dealer. The Rosso Mugello as noted is a somewhat rare non-metallic Ferrari color that looks super on the F12. Blue colors can be hit or miss; some people adore them but others are more happy with a red. With apologies to the Rosso Corsa F12 owners I think the Rosso Mugello is more a more suitable look for that model.

6. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I kinda like the Rossa Corsa :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  7. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    The one thing I did not like on the Rossa Mugello car was the dealership, seems like they buy a lot at auction, as they have a ton of DD's they sell. I would be a little weary of a dealer that does not have a clue on what they have. If you do look at that one, I would ensure a very detailed PPI.. With the F-dealer, you have some relationship after buying, if something goes wrong immediately after purchase - they are more likely to at least give you a break on costs, if not make it right - since they are Ferrari dealer.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I like the red one. Its basically brand new and looks great. These prices are ridiculously low for a car some have half a million into without blinking. It is curious that 10K or 15K on the prices is even a concern. The warranty extension is like $7K/year and that's just repair insurance you likely will never use. Maybe look at a Porsche?

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thx!

10. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Prices have dropped quite a bit this calendar year and continue to do so. Retail for a ‘14 in low 200’s and dropping from there. Not sure where bottom is but fair amount of negative sentiment regarding direction of economy appears to be a factor. More sellers than buyers at present.

That said, a minty low mileage F12 at 50% discount is appealing as a long term play.

Good luck!

11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    The first one is a much better choice.

12. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    I checked on that, the Rosso is a trade on an 812, they sold the car new. One owner.
    Thanks to everyone for all the input.

Any recommendations for a PPI provider in Dallas?