F12...in yellow? | FerrariChat

F12...in yellow?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Patrick_p3, Aug 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrick_p3

Patrick_p3 Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mr Patrick Penon
    Hello everybody. I am in the market for an f12 and have viewed quite a few different colour combo. To be honest, I was initially going for one of the red shade with a tan interior. I saw quite a few variant either in person or on this forum but yesterday, I saw a yellow f12 and it really caught my eye.

It will be my first Ferrari (not the first exotic) and a keeper so I am not concerned about resale value. I seem to remember that yellow Ferraris used to be quite common in the past but a lot less now. Do you know why or am I mistaken?

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ThatPat likes this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Patrick if the F12 that caught your eye is yellow you should follow your instincts and go for it without worrying too much about what the others think. Before buying my F12 I searched for many months for a car in the color I fancied and after I found the one I didn't hesitate a second and bought it.
    If you look at the Ferrari emblem you'll see the black prancing horse and all the rest is yellow which is the color of the city of Modena. The yellow racing Ferraris of the 60's belonged to teams from Belgium whose national racing color was yellow. Below I post some charts with the popularity of colors for different sports car brands in the UK.

Good luck and if you buy that yellow please post here some pictures…..

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Patrick_p3

Patrick_p3 Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mr Patrick Penon
    MDEL likes this.
  4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great charts. i would have thought green and yellow would be more for the lambo

MDEL likes this.
  5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My wife has basically forbidden any yellow Ferrari’s for me.
    That said the F 12 in yellow is stunning. It makes the car look smaller in my opinion. It shows the lines very well. And it is more rare than yellow in other models. Go for it.

MDEL likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Get what you like. What we think is not really important, you get it for you to enjoy. I personally think it makes the F12 look a bit bloated in yellow, but so what? Get what you want, there are scores of people out there that will think a yellow F12 is great.

obbob likes this.
  7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Interesting when two people see things 180° differently. Have you seen a yellow F 12 in person? Because my black F12 was next to a yellow one- black looked significantly larger to my eye and I’m not sure how I can describe it otherwise. Traditionally black is supposed to be slimming. In this case the black loses some of the details that make the car flow/ thinner at the waste.

It’s a very sporting color for a front 12 Fcar IMHO.

ThatPat likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes I've seen the F12 in both Giallo Modena as well as Giallo Tripolo. Not a fan. I concur with the black. Not the right colour for the F12 either imo.

Drove an F12 in Grigio Titanio with dual Ferro stripes a few months back. That was a pretty sweet combo.

Also a big fan of Rosso Maranello and Rosso Fiorano on the F12.:)

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    F12 is sublime in various grey colors, shows off the subtle but exquisite pininfarina lines and complex surfaces interacting with curves.

MDEL likes this.
  10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It looks amazing in yellow. Go for it!

crinoid likes this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yellow attracts more flies... :D

MDEL likes this.
  12. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    You mentioned that you are worried about resale value... But as you are buying second hand, if there was any loss of value because of the color, wouldnt you also benefit from it at purchase? I get the point for a new car, but for a used one, I doubt it will impact much.

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I absolutely vote for you to get the color you love. However, I have said "this is a keeper for ever" too many times, and, without fail, the day arrives. I am a seller. I take it you are in the UK, so there are differences between our markets as I am in the US. In the US, I think the impact of yellow on an F12 would mean you have to either lower your price relative to the market or wait longer to sell it. You should know this going in. However, while I understand the head has to have some input, I am a believer Ferrari should be bought with ones heart.

ScottS and MDEL like this.
  14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    IMO the F12 is more of a GT than sports car.
    No need for screaming colors.
    If it were a 458 then yellow makes sense.
    If I were looking at F12s the dark red metallics look more mature yet still Ferrari resale red.

My first 911 was yellow.
    I loved that car so in the end if it feels right just ignore my previous advice. ;)
    A yellow F12 will surely draw the looks.