430 Scuds that don’t sell for years | Page 12 | FerrariChat

430 Scuds that don’t sell for years

Discussion in '360/430' started by OneFastM3, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Scuderia09 is well known for relentlessly pumping up the value and rarity of Scuderias for the last 10 years. He's so far out in left field on this subject that most long time users just discount his input.

If you can't have a discussion without ad hominem attacks, then you can be removed from the discussion. 90 day thread ban.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    196 and 209 seem good to me

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

LARRYH likes this.
  4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yeah funny how that works when it is someone else's money and you make $$$ on any kind of consignment sale. But won't admit they bought the dealership car too high and take the right down. The F-dealer in my area only does used cars on consignment, says then there is no conflict with the consignee. Also they don't have to floor as large used inventory. I think the cars they take in used are sold at one of their other stores as they have 5-6 in CA, so the no conflict statement is not exactly correct as I would assume they may redirect a customer to one of their other stores? :rolleyes:

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It really depends a lot on the flooring interest rate they are getting from their bank. With the current low rates the dealer is not loosing so much anyone month so they are very reluctant to have to lower the price and take the right down. When interest rates go up, I think that mind set will change since their flooring nut will be much larger. IHMO

6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    A lot of Ferrari guys also own Porsches but not so many Porsche guys also own Ferraris. In my PCA region myself and a very few (under 5-10 out of 800 members) other members also own Ferraris. When I go to Ferrari events many folks there also own a Porsche or two.

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #282 freshmeat, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Not finding excuses but both were 08s, non-US carbon, non-red (1 blue, 1 black) right? And the blue one was pretty beat up (hazing engine bay panels, swirling paint, faded airbag cover, scraped sideskirt and rear diffuser) and also missing some bits like the tire inflator kit and luggage that was advertised as part of the listing...

Doesn't matter how much I like blu pozzi...the market deems is it as a non-premium color, just like black.

8. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Lord, thanks for this thread. I’m new to (actively) writing on this board. I’m looking at 430Scuds for many many years now. To myself, it is a logical consequence of a former GT3 enthusiast moving over to the Fcar world. I do love race gene cars. Of course I don’t mind standard 430 or 458 but to myself, owning a Scud means currently the world for me.
    Following the German and the US market, I’m convinced these cars are below value. I’m on a 150k budget and simply waiting now for October, typically my buying month for vehicle hence season is over.
    Anyway, not much value to add to a owner discussion yet but wanted to thank everyone (at least majority) for the valuable input here!
    Of course, if you have a lead for me please let me know... Ill stick around and keep looking for offers.
    Ya’ll, have a great start in the week!

Vatkens and LightGuy like this.
  9. Stradalelover

Stradalelover Rookie

Jun 5, 2016
    Germany
    What's the name of this app? Thanks

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    All fair points!

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Hammer time

Its hammer price

Stradalelover likes this.
  12. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
  13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    $379k for 16M not bad...even if super low miles

Sent from my 16M

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    chris0315 likes this.
  15. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Manda racing likes this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  17. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    The one in the classifieds here sounds like the Scud to buy at the price asked. (That said, I'm unaware of the condition beyond seeing the ad).

18. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    Hi again all,
    after some time I sold my 458 Spider and not posting, I am now back, in the hunt for a Scuderia 16M here in EU.
    Based on my personal experience I can say that good 16M's (10'000km-20'000km, red/black, service history, no accident, warranty...) here are in the 300'000€-350'000€ ballpark (about 330'000USD-390'000USD as of today). I am personally negotiating one of such cars and I offered 300'000€; chances are I will make it in the end but the reply so far is "no thanks".
    As the "real" market is where offer and demand meet, my case (which is of course just one out of...) is showing that around that figure is the real present value for a car like that in EU. Of course mileage and color can make a big difference, while the rest (condition, number of owners, service history...) has a lower (but not null) effect.
    If my case is proving anything, I would say prices have increased from years ago; then different interpretations may be applied for the future. I personally believe that a car that is 10 yrs old and has a real market value that is around or above retail and is higher than was in the past, will hardly ever go severely down in the future. But this is just my guess, and it is probably biased by me trying to prove it is an "investment" and not an "expense"...
    Plus I believe that there is the value of owning and driving a car like that that is immense and should be counted, but this is OT, as we are talking about selling values here.
    I hope this helps the discussion.

mwstewart, Themaven and Manda racing like this.
  19. emissary

emissary Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Thanks! That’s my Scuderia listed in the classifieds. The car is excellent condition; I’ve tried to note all the minor imperfections in the ad.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    380k is very high.
    Seller got lucky.
    Real SELL price is 300K ish if that.

21. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Everything is selling slow.
    Our "500k" lot 2 years ago hasnt had one offer at the 425 we listed it at just this year.
    It will probably SELL at 350.

In return im offering 75% of ask on a vacation home that has been on the market for 2 years.
    We will see.
    As they say "S#%$ rolls downhill"

22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    You are spot on. A friend bought a 16M a few months ago...Rosso Corsa, around 4,000 miles, and paid $309,000. Asking was $380k I believe.

23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Recession is here. Time to either double-down on the market or cash out & buy toys on the low.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1

Buy on the low.

25. turboixxi

turboixxi Rookie

Oct 5, 2016
    CA
    I'm in the market for a Scuderia. Someone mentioned in post #58 that they bought the 08 White at CNC but it is still there.
    Post #60 mentioned the yellowing of the clear bra, From the looks of it, there is no clear bra on the front bumper and passenger rear quarter panel.
    Any more info on this car?

I've also looked at the 09 Grigio Silverstone at EuroCar. Looked pretty clean except for a gash on the driver side front bumper, not noticeable unless you look under. TT competizione exhaust heat had ruined the rear lexan window. I also did not care for the grey Alcantara... driver seat bolster had some wear.

There's also a 08 white at the Boston Bentley dealership. Perfectly specs but I cannot believe how horrible the photoshop was on their ad... must be a lot of blemishes on the front and rear bumper.

How often does a Grigio Medio come up for sale?