Assetto Fiorano Spec | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Assetto Fiorano Spec

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by F2003-GA, May 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I highly doubt that - Ferrari wouldn't give up a special series just like that
    Anyways these kind of optional lightweight packages are becoming popular
    hence its existence

tekaefixe and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    no i dont. they will continue to make track focused models separately. too much profit not to

Roland1688 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Except a track version of a heavy hybrid seems a bit odd. Maybe they will go in other directions? A more limited Aperta with different bodywork maybe?

ajr550 likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Asseto Fiorano pack proves that Ferrari considers this car a very capable track car. An even more hard core version? Who knows...

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    True but It's also become a trend now for manufacturers to offer major performance enhancements right at launch Look at Porsche's weissach package

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    whats funny is weissach cars have been slower around tracks

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Crazy :D

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    havent heard of that? why would they be slower? also dont know why they would be any faster either.

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Or it's just a way to sell overpriced options of CF etc.

technom3 likes this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Once upon a time there was a lightweight track special, called 360 Challenge Stradale. Then a porky bloke came along, called SF 90 Stradale, and blew it away....

Shack and paulchua like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Weight of Maserati 250F? 630kg. Weight of hybrid SF90 F1 car? 743kg. These modern F1 cars can’t be very good to drive can they?

F2003-GA and REALZEUS like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Or put another way, what pretty much every other automotive manufacturer does. That said, the package either saves 66 pounds or it doesn't. The value proposition is not something I think buyers of the package have a big concern about.

Truffles are expensive and often overpriced. You don't say?

13. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    seems if you want the AF package - you cant get the Lift - and seems like it is also the only way to get the "stripe"

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Yes, it's due to those Multimatic trick dampers.

I am confident that Ferrari will do that for anyone who asks, in exchange for a few more hard earned...

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I'd like to understand the relative benefit of the manumatic shocks. In theory, they should make the car feel more agile, but how much so in real life? Is it transformative or is it more like nice to have but not essential. You can't get the extra aggressive rear wing/ stripe without the AF package as far as I can tell. I'm still not sure if I love the look of the wing. I think the car looks more elegant with out it, but I'm told by friends who have seen it, you will want it! :)

16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Some info here:

https://www.multimatic.com/dssv-damping-technology/dssv-dampers/

As for the AF pack, I consider it, the racing seats and carbon wheels to be as essential as fender shields and the headrest crests. My configuration process effectively started only once those default options were checked :)

JagShergill likes this.
  17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks! I read up on it there, but I'd like to hear from people who have driven on these kind of dampers. I think you're right, you really have to order it- they are too smart!

JagShergill likes this.
  18. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    What’s amazing though, is why all the initial cars out and about are non AF? Why do that? They don’t look as good and the AF is already shown/launched. Doesn’t make sense to me. I would have either launched it later or if you show it now (which they did) get some super hot looking versions out and about. Launching the AF and building the non AF pre prod is the worst of all worlds to me.

Ohanoune and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I wondered the exact same thing - especially at a large and prestigious event like pebble beach where the manufacturers usually bring their A game. Perhaps the AF pack isn’t expected to have a high take rate? I don’t think they’ve announced pricing for the pack yet (?).

Ohanoune and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    F12 is a really heavy GT car and they made a track version of it. As the SF90 is more along the lines of a performance car than a GT, I would be surprised if they don't do a track focused version of it, beyond the asetto fiorano.

21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    You could be right. Will be interesting to see.

22. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The more I see the Stradale....the more I like it.

Initially I was disappointed that it didn’t differentiate itself enough from the 488/F8. But now that my eyes have spent time with it I see the differences clearly and it’s coming together for me. Even the things that were ‘awkward’ at first (like the rear window area) are now quirky, fun and interesting.

I can’t wait for the eventual ‘spider’ variant.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and jpalmito like this.
  23. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
  24. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Just bought a SF90 without AF. Because it was the only one available. So I´m trying to figure out if I will regret it. I don´t take it out on the track so that´s fine. Mine has a lift which I understand is not available with AF.
    So what would be the reasons to why I would not want it?

Thanks!

25. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    I can’t find my previous post, but firstly congrats and no you won’t regret it, but I come from a hate for bumpy road option in Ferrari’s, have no idea where Ferrari gets its market research from, that clients of a Ferrari want a bumpy road setting. You want that take out your Merc or Range Rover Bentley, just no in a Ferrari. Never used it. So for me the AF Multimatic Suspension completely changes the SF90, and I will repeat I think you are not getting the SF90 experience without AF FIO 2 option ticked. Also don’t get hung up on no suspension option with AF, I’ve driven my car around London over huge humps, super low underground car parks and as long as speed is low and placement correct, never grounded. You would have to have some ridiculous steep driveway at home to not order the AF car. For me the Multimatic suspension system is just how I like it, together with the better aesthetics of Rear Spoiler and the Carbon Doors make the FIO 2 option the easiest tick box. Anyway, you said you bought the only car available, so I respect that, but get a go in a AF car on road, and see if it agrees with you or not. Horses for Courses.

BaronM69 and cesman like this.