what looks better 512BB - Testarossa 87, both koenig | Page 2 | FerrariChat

what looks better 512BB - Testarossa 87, both koenig

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by turbo-joe, May 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

what car looks better

1. 512 BB koenig

2. Testarossa koenig competition

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
  2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Picking between which of these cars is better to own is like saying would you prefer to die drowning or burning at the stake.
    No personal offence to those that may own one.

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I thinks its neat to have something different from the vanilla models . Koenig was a recognised big buck modifier in the day. I had a chance at a koenig boxer for like 30k back in the day but it was a semi basket case. Even though i have a boxer the tr looks more flowing.

Bradwilliams likes this.
  4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Its just too much. Reminds me of an 89 countach where they ruined a beautiful car by getting carried away and tacked on as much as possible . I hope to one day take on the task of undoing such a travesty and restore the car's dignity :)

8. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
  9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    In some cases crushing the car is the only solution. Or maybe loosen a fuel line and take it for a drive. One could be a craftsman and use only the highest quality materials with perfect fit and finish but still be an assault on the eyes. That yellow testarossa checks that box. I could restore that car to original but it wouldn’t make financial sense.

350MH83 likes this.
  10. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    If you do not understand the time of that time, you do not have to destroy their cultural assets.
    The time was a wild time also with the colors.
    My father rented his workshop to Gemballa at that time ...
    Koenig Specials was what Koenigsegg is today! The deconstruction can be worthwhile for a 512, if only optically tuned ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

LightGuy likes this.
  11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I don’t care who built it or rented shop space and when. Some creations stand the test of time others don’t. Batista Farina was a genius, I don’t think Sergio had the same level of talent but he wasn’t lacking that’s for sure. I haven’t seen a Ferrari yet that could be improved by anyone other than Pininfarina. The rest just ruined what was created. You like tacky cars I don’t.

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I kind of like that yellow TR. It looks somewhat like an F40 which is my favorite street Ferrari.

13. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Yes but the König has more power, more speed and better sound. 1985 hist Testarossa was deiving 230 mph=370km/h....with 1000PS
    Newman. König was a race driver. he wanted to built faster Ferraris with more Downforce....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenig_Specials
    When you build more than 1 car at this times, you must built with plastic....my car is built in metal....no plastic only carbon.
    Original cars are just for boring unimaginative owners

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what yellow TR?
    I see only a yellow BB but no TR

15. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Strongly disagree. When these cars were still in their heydey I agree with you as both were outrageous with no mods and no real need to be modded. But that wasn't the point. That decade was all about pushing it to the limit style-wise and thats what the koenigs were all about, the limit. And now that they have aged I do appreciate them and think they are uber cool. Not really my style, but man do I respect them. There was a red koenig boxer for sale not terribly long ago for about 60-80k. back in 2013 I think. Can't remember where I saw it but it was parked in grass, anybody remember that car? There were zero takers for it, it was always for sale. A koenig boxer on a track would have to be quite an experience.

Nevermind, found it!

https://jalopnik.com/for-99-900-engage-ridiculous-speed-1497921540

Jakuzzi likes this.
  17. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Just wondering with what you are strongly disagreeing with?
    Read my post, I never said I didn't respect them.
    I'm old enough to remember when these Koenig specials came out and were plastered all over publications such as Automobile magazine and Road and Track exotic themed special editions and remember at the time thinking these were pretty cool.
    However just like I thought faded acid wash denim was once cool, tastes change and go from a style of being attractive to being unattractive and unfashionable.
    You said these are "not really my style", well they are not really my style any more either.
    Turns out in the fullness of time the guys from Pinifarina knew a lot more about enduring style than a small German-led tuning company.

Newman likes this.
  18. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    The body kit designer was Vittorio Strosek. The point was that the Königs-Ferraris were faster on the racetrack, not beauty. A front spoiler and wing brings more contact pressure and thus higher cornering speeds ....

19. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

20. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Why are you forcing me to criticize something that is actually pretty cool? ;) Losing the painted body work of the c-pillars and back-end glass isn't a plus for me as the bulbous shape of that whole rear area really defines the 928 shape for me, and the side openings in front of the rear tires seem more needless style than function. Still, as we say, I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers ;). (Looks like the RH side of the rear bonnet needs a bit of an adjustment downward.)

Bradwilliams likes this.
  21. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I'm with you Steve I would totally drive it. It's bastardized but is still cool. I like every angle except the side shot. The rear looks cool as hell

23. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Is that rear wing original? It looks modern.

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if original I don´t know, but when I got this car in 2005 this wing was on