The first week with a new vehicle | FerrariChat

The first week with a new vehicle

Discussion in '360/430' started by Roger65, Aug 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roger65

Roger65 Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    The first week with a new vehicle is the most dangerous. To you and the vehicle.

Here is Samcracc’s latest 360 video. That oil overfill really cost him, and it was all because of unfamiliarity with a new vehicle

The first week with my 430 I was hyper vigilant, my prime directive being first to do no harm. Everything went okay and I have had the Ferrari for a year now, with more thrills than ills.

My Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory motorcycle taught me a lesson however, albeit a cheap one. It turns out that the Aprilia has a much wider turning radius than my old Honda 919, and would not make the u turn from the street into my driveway at speed. I discovered this the hard way. But I got off cheap, only breaking the brake lever which was easily replaced. No dents or scratches on me or the bike. This happened on day four of ownership. I got off easy.

Moral of the story? Take it slow and easy with a new unfamiliar vehicle, and don’t assume that the techniques that worked on your old vehicle will work here. Take everything extra slow and check everything twice before taking any actions. Take nothing for granted and things will go more smoothly!

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The oil overfill is not the cause of the misfire. It's the deteriorated intake runner gaskets, which is a common problem on the 360s.

3. Roger65

Roger65 Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    I’m sure you’re right, but I can’t imagine those puddles of oil in the manifold are improving the situation. Perhaps the overfill hastened the gasket deterioration. The gasket on #5 was wet with oil

4. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, the oil in the plenum took years to play a role, but your statement makes it sound like he overfilled it and immediately it causes the misfire.