When is too much, too much? | FerrariChat

When is too much, too much?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

In my purchase of my FF I have had some interesting discussions with various dealers and I felt quite a few time the Ferrari price tag... I had already witnessed it with my testarossa but some of the charges I got quoted here have been a bit ridiculous:
    -2500 dollars to install a steering wheel because not purchased at Ferrari
    -3000 to put back on a set of stock springs on the car. I checked with ricambi and eurospares and springs cost 300 usd, 6 hours of labour to put on so this should be 1500 not 3000
    Lastly only needed rear tyres and dealer said we only change the 4 of them :cost 2800 usd... knowing that the Michelin are 1400 total that’s also a big upsale...

It’s not even about money but just the fact that you feel taken advantage of. Pretty bad!

Hopefully my Indy knows how to service those. Pretty ridiculous otherwise !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is simply unacceptable and ridiculous.

At least go some place else for tyres. it'll save you a bit down the road, and chances are a good speed shop will mount and balance tyres better than your local Ferrari dealer. Same goes for changing springs. You don't need your Fcar dealer for that. You need a speed shop that knows what they are doing.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Just gonna get worse as they need to make numbers - and thats with things going well since ipo - wait till the hard times come!

4. Natkingcolebasket69

I mean I could definitely pay for it... but my front tyres were new and the guy said : I’m only changing the 4 of them and I already had brand new supersport on...Pretty wrong in my opinion!

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Do you have other Ferrari dealerships you can use in the future? Sounds like a place to avoid. What you say shows ZERO respect for clients. I would be absolutely livid and slam the door on the way out, if I was treated like that.

Name of dealership?

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Ferrari of Detroit Cauley where car was sent for inspection which is where the 3k springs were assessed and 2700 tyres.
    Ferrari of Redwood City (SF area where I currently am for the 2500 usd proxy file).
    I will go to Ferrari of San Francisco instead where I have some history as they have serviced my tr.

7. AnthonyF12

AnthonyF12 Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Laugna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Zanardi
    I just bought an F12 and am going to be meeting the indys. Going to the dealer with these cars is suicide. At least in the LA/OC area there are at least a handful of competent indys with long standing reputations

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

I shall follow the same path as u!

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you're not doing warranty work, why not just go to a high-end independent shop? I'm sure tons of people can do this stuff. I have no idea about the costs, but there are place like GMG Racing who could easily do anything you're asking. Hell, I'm sure just about any car dealer could put some tires on.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

I was trying to get the car to get the Ferrari warranty extended. I found another way with Ferrari eventually but I had to see the dealer first. Painful!

11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I’ve used a tire rack installer for tires in my spider and FF! No problems at all.

SV

12. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I get my tire work and safety inspections done at the my BMW or Porsche dealership. They are used to dealing with expensive cars....

IloveGT likes this.
  13. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Recently a Ferrari dealership quoted me $9000 to fix a passenger side window that got chipped. $3000 for the window, $6000 for labor.

You are in Bay Area no? Use GMP Autosport in Novato. Seriously. Only go to Ferrari Dealer for covered warranty claims and free scheduled service.

14. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    In my experience you can't go wrong with GMP. I'm waiting on them to receive some Novitec springs to install in my 812. They did my F12 and numerous other and ongoing things.

15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

Great. Mind sharing the name of the indys at LA/OC area?

16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    What nonsense. I agree with the poster above, find a good non OE supplier. That’s really poor service and pretty short-sighted of the dealer.