Elite European in Jasper, GA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Elite European in Jasper, GA

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by RedNeck, Jun 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    #26 Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    I would lighten up a bit with that passive aggressive attitude. This isn't the way to generate business in a small tight market in this part of the country.

2. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    It’s not passive-aggressive, Doctor Cosgrove. Now, can we please get back to FerrariChat?

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    It most certainly is.

I would appreciate it if you would simply place me on ignore.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I went to Elite automotive 2 years ago when I had a door that would not open correctly on a 348 prior to selling the car to another Fchat person. I tried to fix it myself, but ended up only breaking my small toe on my left foot. Ashley was super helpful, and convenient. I would say FMoA would be the go to place for anyone in or near Atlanta, but Elite European is a good option if you are too far from Atlanta and you know what work you want done. The car started making a weird noise from the transmission while it was at her shop, and she didn't really want to take it apart to see what was up. While the noise was super scary, it turns out it was only a need for a regrease of the flywheel and some bolts that needed to be replaced as I recall. In the end I was okay with what Elite Automotive did, even though my heart thought they may have caused the weird noise. It was all really on the up and up, and they were honest about what they could not fix. I don't agree with what Ashley might think politically, but I also support her right to have her opinion. It would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed on everything. I would give her shop a 4 star rating.

CiaoBella81, RedNeck and steved033 like this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    The bolts. I still shake my head.

sjd

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Due to an extremely busy year, the 360 has been sitting on the back burner, especially after the insane amount of work that I put in previous years, but the car will definitely be back in your care in the near future as, among a few other things, the idiot that fixed my gauge cluster triggered an airbag light that won’t turn off...

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    He won't take it back and fix it?

8. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Fairly certain this is a known issue with removing the cluster that can only be cleared with an SD. Lots of threads about it recently.

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    He doesn't have the right computer. He's also me.

Yes, that's the issue. She has the computer...I forget which one, but it has all the SD/Leo capability.

Dr Tommy Cosgrove and JoeTSI like this.
  10. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.

Let us know when you're coming, we can grab some lunch. Always good to meet another f-chatter.

sjd

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Absolutely.

12. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    #37 CiaoBella81, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2019
    Thank you for the nice review. I remember the 348, and I’m glad FoA handled your recall regarding the flywheel bolts.

13. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    Keep me posted on your schedule and I’d be happy to take a look.

14. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
  15. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    No. FoA didn't do anything to this car and there's no recall on the flywheel bolts. The bolts holding the flywheel to the clutch had backed themselves out and were hitting the inside of the bellhousing. THAT was the noise. With the pumpkin out of the car, you could actually hear the faint scraping noise. The bolt had already machined a groove into the inside about 1/8" deep. I disassembled everything, did the flywheel service (there was zero grease inside) while I was in there, double checked the clutch plate thicknesses, did some setup measurements, new triple seals, and put it all back with loctite on the clutch-flywheel interface bolts. It had clearly been apart before, because there was a hill engineering throwout bearing in there.

I took the bellhousing to a buddy of mine and we straightened it out and welded all the cracks shut. I'm really not sure what caused such a big hit, but the right rear subframe is bent too. It's not hurting anything.

IMO, unless Ashley had the clutch off and apart, this wasn't her doing.

Thanks again @BT, it's been a great car!

And thanks for the pics! I forgot how bad that was!

sjd

CiaoBella81 likes this.
  16. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  17. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    No under trays were removed.
    Only lifted to get better pictures of damage to housing. I only removed the clutch “inspection plate” to see if I could get better pictures for customer and or see anything else that was damaged.
    Only work performed was on a door handle cable and the door panel that was partially attached.

BT likes this.