F8 Tributo VS | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It probably won't be the exact same engine, but probably something similar. The power curve and response of the SF90 engine was tailored to the hybrid system, so my guess is that they will get close in power, but more than likely modify the F8 engine so that it is tailored to the F8 VS.

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    But is this Lambo approach so different from the Pista Piloti?
    Some people are looking for exclusivity, so why not offer that to them?
    A Pista Piloti is just a Pista with a special paint job, more exclusive and more expensive.
    I also believe a Pista is very close to an F8, but it's more exclusive and more expensive. And it is consistent to link exclusivity with higher prices, for the buyers as well as for the seller.
    Coming back to the Ferrari VS, I think the concept has been evolving - initially it was mostly oriented to a no compromise approach, i.e. sportier versions at the expense of practicality. However as the technology has evolved, it is now more or less possible to have the very same car offering different characters on demand (by selecting driving modes, and so on) so that the real difference in the way the cars drive becomes minimal. The good news is that you could have the comfort of a regular version in a sport version, and the sport focus of a special version in a regular version. But then there is redundancy between a claimed regular version and a claimed sportier version; the way to work around that is to make the so-called sportier version more exclusive by increasing its price and limiting its supply (whereas previously the sportier version was simply less popular because most people prefer comfort to sport focus).

Coincid likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Exactly my point, you can only take it so far before people call BS.

PTG1 and SoCal to az like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The most eficacious deterrent to address the endless parade of model variants, is simply not to purchase them.

09Scuderia, Gh21631 and tekaefixe like this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Except Pilota was introduced from the get go. Your analogy would be appropriate had they introduced the Pista, then 6 months later the Pista spider and then all of a sudden the Pilota. I get what you are saying but its different. And right now are you confident that the 63 will be the last Aventador SVJ? Or are they going to come out with another limited version- the 59. And then3 months later 25 variations of the AVentador SVJ 25.

stavura and Gh21631 like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It's Lamborghini. There might be an Aventador LP790-4 SVJ Super Leggera Performante Valentino Balboni 10th Anniversary run seeing that they milk it for all its worth.

PTG1, ryalex, stavura and 4 others like this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Regarding the Pista and Piloti, not exactly - the Pista had been rumoured for months when it was eventually unveiled in February 2018, and the Pista Piloti came out of the blue in June for the 24 hours of Le Mans. I agree a good news is that the Piloti was announced before the Pista deliveries, so that customers with high status could switch from the "regular" Pista to the Pista Piloti - which some did, opening slots for other Pista buyers.
    I stopped caring for these special series anyway ;)

stavura, Gh21631, Shack and 1 other person like this.
  8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    100% agree. It became a never ending BS mission and frankly detracted from the whole enjoyment of driving these cars.

tekaefixe likes this.
  9. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    The Pista's CF intake is available on the F8's option list. So are the carbon underbody, ion battery, titanium wheel bolts and more..

of2worlds and tekaefixe like this.
  10. ChrisDiRe

ChrisDiRe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris DiRe
    I would love if they offered a non turbo ICE F8 variation...and I suspect a lot of others would as well...

of2worlds likes this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure. As revealed the red car had a carbon fibre inlet manifold and the blue car was aluminium.

12. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    If they ever do a F8vs, they should give it the name F8 GTO.
    "The Fate of the V8 in Racing"

13. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    Pros and cons...

Unlike several posters whose purchasing power is way beyond mine, I am considering selling both my manual 360 Nero Modena and 599 in TDF Blu to buy my first new Ferrari the F8 Tributo. I will retire in a few years and actually get to drive the thing.

I am curious regarding others thoughts. Please understand, I am very grounded in what I like and want, but I am interested in other perspectives who have owned numerous Ferrari vehicles over the years. (Yes, I love both cars for obvious reasons, I am hoping to uncover blind spots in my personal thinking and Ferrari passion.)
    Thank you in advance for comments.

Rick

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Did you buy both your cars second hand ? If so firstly there is something great about specking and buying a brand new car.

Next if they release a VS ( which im 99.99% sure they will do ) you might not qualify for one given you haven't purchased a F8.

If its a F8 you want the way I see it like myself it will be the very last V8 , non electric you can buy. It will have 7 years free service and you can extend the warrantee.

I see the F8 as the best that Ferrari did with this platform.

Short air intake = lower air inlet temps , something advantageous of a turbo car
    Angled radiators
    S-duct
    The same Pista engine
    6.1 side slip
    New steering wheel ( much better LED'S )
    4 rear lights
    Relative new dash
    Much improved passenger display
    Styling cues
    Would consider it to be the luxury version and the Pista the race track version

These are my thoughts.

REALZEUS likes this.
  15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thats funny. The 488 Pista thread was called the 488 GTO thread for many months!!

MANDALAY likes this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No the Pista is the best car based on this platform. The F8 is a bridge to the next car and that's it.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That would be you opinion but you haven't seen the F8 VS yet , which will be limited

18. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    +1 there will be no F8 VS - now confirmed by two dealers on two continents

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  19. lechevalcabre

lechevalcabre Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Mourmelon Le Grand
    Full Name:
    Eric Pacheco
    I saw in Maranello a mule on base 488 with hybrid system. I think F8 VS will be an hybrid but not the same of SF90 Stradale, more like a Kers as LaFerrari.

ntatfas likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I tend to agree with this. When does vs come? F8 is supposedly a 2 year run. Vs is one of those years? Which means f8 is a one and done car? Or they continue to extend the 458 platform which was launched on 2010 for another couple of years?

No f8vs as far as I’m concerned.

Shack and Gh21631 like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Right, a bridge car to the next platform. No VS is what I've been told as well.

22. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Is it possible that we will see a "special" version of the F8 that varies from our collective expectations? When I think of a VS of the F8, I have always visualized a Stradale/Speciale/Pista treatment. However, given the engineering and development expense of a yet another LEGITIMATE performance upgrade over the Pista, coupled with the short run of the F8, it wouldn't provide much return on investment.

Maybe, if we really do see a VS, it will be lipstick and rouge treatment ala Lamborghini...?

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    This is my understanding as well.

Shack likes this.
  24. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    I know about that one and that kind of the reason why I said to do a GTO nameplate. Mostly because the GTO is to my understanding a racing homologation title, and while this will most likely be the last v8 they ever use in racing. Thus, the GTO nameplate with the tagline for the model: "The fate of the V8" in a sad and ironic twist.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The idea there will be a F8VS is ludicrous. Lost of people want a "Pista sequel" model but both dealers I deal with (the largest in the nation) say "not happening".

With the introduction of the Stradale it makes absolutely NO sense.

Shack likes this.