The Purosangue Thread | Page 26 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  2. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well it may be different backgrounds, however the person that drives the car holds the hand on the steering wheel well just 100% identical between the different pictures...

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    lambo is catching ferrari. With the help of urus (the articulation "urus" means bedbug in our country) they have delivered 4553 cars in first 6 months.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ^^^^i really like this one.

7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The Italian on-line News Auto just published the text below.

"Ferrari plans to expand its range by presenting 3 new sports cars by the end of the year. Among these is the now announced Ferrari Purosangue SUV that will be presented to a limited audience in the autumn of 2019 and will be unveiled to the whole world at the next Geneva Motor Show 2020. SUV Ferrari, what will the Purosangue be like? The Ferrari SUV will be called "Thoroughbred" and it is reality: it will be done! Owning a Ferrari is a symobol status, supported and driven by rich people but with a strong taste in cars: this is a story that has always been going on from the first Ferrari. The "FUV" will be destined to customers in continuous evolution, above all for new countries, more than in pursuit of sports cars. The arrival of the new Thoroughbred SUV, or Ferrari Utility Vehicle, will turn the nose to the most faithful to the brand, but we must still think that it will be the umpteenth work of art created by the house of Maranello. It will almost certainly include the presence of 5 doors and four seats. In addition, this "stallion" Thoroughbred will show off to the power of 1000 hp of which 650 hp will be derived from the V8 biturbo engine and the remaining 350 hp from the plug-in unit of which will almost certainly inherit the hybrid technology from the newly formed SF90 Stradale. Equipped with all-wheel drive, the propulsion will be electric on the front axle, the horses of the V8 endothermic engine alone will be unloaded on the rear axle. "Thoroughbred" will expand the Ferrari hybrid family which includes the SF90 Stradale. Ferrari goal, Porsche beat and Lamborghini The goal of Ferrari will be to sign up for a certain market in high performance sports. There are already high-performance SUVs on the market, such as those made by Porsche (Cayenne 3.0 V6 E-HYBRID), Lamborgini and Mercedes (GLE 450 4MATIC EQ-BOOST Spo"

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Nobody tell Ferrari that hybrid means exactly the opposite of thoroughbred. :)

otakki likes this.
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ferrari already announced that all its future cars will be hybrid and this means the end of the non hybrid thoroughbreds wearing the cavallino emblem. Therefore it is incomprehensible how Ferrari named the future hybrid SUV the Purosangue” Thoroughbred” because like you mentioned that’s for sure one thing it won’t be.

otakki and G. Pepper like this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The only reason the Porosangue won't be a thoroughbred is that it will be an SUV of some sorts. Hybrids can be thoroughbreds though; ask any F1 or LMP1 driver about their race cars...

red passion likes this.
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Will the Purosangue be unveilled in September at Fiorano during a two week event which is taking place there ? A number of guests have already received their invites, which, in Camilleri's words "will showcase all that Ferrari stands for."

The picture below shows what's possibly a Purosangue mule and was taken last April suggesting Ferrari is speeding the development of the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would be surprised if they did. I think they said they are pushing the PS back until 2021/2022 time frame in order to really get it right. I sure hope so. SUVs are seen by many of us as the opposite of a performance based vehicle. I hope Ferrari will do something that challenges convention and redefines what a (slightly?) elevated AWD 4 seater can do. It should make us all gasp with excitement. That's what I'm hoping for and trying to keep an open mind.

MDEL and red passion like this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m curious why they don’t release the purosangue under its own sub brand like the Dino was. Then we don’t have to complain that it’s diluting the Ferrari brand etc etc

14. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    My guess is because, as a separate named brand, the FUV would not benefit from the halo of the Ferrari brand.
    One of the significant distinctions, I would presume, is that FUV purchasers would be “buying a Ferrari.”
    I believe that will drive a lot of sales regardless of the actual merits of the vehicle.
    Head office will be happy because the shareholders will be happy.
    It’s a page from the Porsche playbook, but with Ferrari premium pricing.

15. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Thank you for sharing that very interesting and insightful article, Mário.

I have to say I’m getting increasingly frustrated with the way Ferrari’s marketing department is managing things. In my very humble opinion, words and wording matter quite a lot.

Calling a hybrid SUV a thoroughbred Ferrari? I almost take offense at that, almost an insult to my intelligence.

If in 2021/2022, Ferrari decides to launch a hybrid pickup truck... How would they market it? A thoroughbred Ferrari as well? A pickup truck is a pickup truck. An SUV is an SUV. Both weren’t, aren’t and never will be sporty, no matter if Toyota, Chevrolet or Ferrari is building them.

Ferrari was born on the racetrack, not on a farmer’s field. One isn’t better than the other, just different, but one should respect its history and heritage and not betray its essence.

Even if the SUV (and/or the pickup truck in my “reductio ad absurdum”) is the best and fastest in the whole history of mankind, it’s still not a thoroughbred Ferrari.

A thoroughbred Ferrari is an exotic, supersports car with 8 cylinders or a dignified, mesmerizingly classy GT powered by 12 cylinders.

If anything goes, that is, if the word thoroughbred applies to anything Ferrari feels like it, then it loses all meaning and purpose.

We’re facing new marketing, new branding, new kinds of cars for a new kind of customer. Unfortunately, I’m the “old” kind of customer.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

tomc, G. Pepper, otakki and 1 other person like this.
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  17. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Purosangue will take on an identical role for Ferrari, as Cayenne for Porsche: A money maker to help fund technology development to make pure-bred cars better, and to make shareholders happy. Porsche purists will never see Cayenne as a true Porsche. Likewise, Ferrari purists will never view Purosangue as a real Ferrari.

MDEL, jpalmito and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ferrari have already said it won’t be a truck known for climbing rocks. Sooo if true anyone expecting a stereo typical SUV will be disappointed.

stavura, Daytonafan, MDEL and 2 others like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Couldn't agree more…….

deltona likes this.
  20. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I don't think it will be a conventional four door SUV. I suspect is will have large front doors and small suicide rear doors (a bit like the Mazda RX8) to give is more of a Coupe look.

21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Optimists think that Ferrari will unveil the Purosangue at Fiorano next September. In that case soon we will find out if your suspicion is confirmed.

22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    the Purosangue Mule is on the road every day here. It's a sort of raised Lusso with a bit different rear. I think it will be released later than in Geneva 2020, but who knows. I was told the three new Ferrari for this year will be 812 Cabriolet, Portofino (Dino?) Coupè, and F8 Spider. Purosangue (end of) 2021, but maybe things changed.

I have to be honest: in my opinion FF/Lusso is so bad looking (and so big...) that a SUV can't be worse. And it will have (100%) the Ferrari brand with the prancing horse.

And I hate that out of mind 4RM transmission that FF and Lusso V12 have: hope Ferrari will get rid of it as soon as possible

ciao

AlfistaPortoghese and maximilien like this.