458 - Bye 458 hello 600Lt | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Bye 458 hello 600Lt

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by chinaleeexports, Aug 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I am anxiously awaiting your evaluation of the Pista compared to the 720S. No rush, since it needs to be done after the usual novelty of owning a new car wears off.

tekaefixe likes this.
  2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Sorry, I will not even bother to respond to you. :)

Coincid - as for Lambos - they are indeed very reliable, especially the Huracans, same as Ferraris and obviously Porsches (which are not supercars, but anyway)... McLarens are indeed the most unreliable cars I have ever seen in my life. I have 6 friends with McLarens - half of them are swearing they will never buy a Mac again and non of all 6 hasn't been able to enjoy his car because of problems... Now this thread is for the 600LT, which may be a different thing, but I have read and saw in person so much problems with these cars, that it is unreal! Simple example - a friend bought a brand new 720S. 2 weeks later he used the lift system, the car jammed and he has driven 200 km with the lift up and with 90 km in hour so he can come back home. 2 more weeks later the car refused to start. He sent it 2000 km to the neareast dealership, where they simply reinstalled the software and returned the car. Immediately after that the A/C control, which is as we know via the LCD, didn't work. You push with your finger, but nothing happens. Car was sent again for a second software reinstall. A month after that - the car refused to start again. Several days afterwards he tried it again and it started... Since then he had problems with the wing, that jammed in the opened position and also with the key, that car doesn't recongize from time to time... And all that is for a brand new car that now has 3000km. Another of my friends (and these are close friends and I know exactly what is happening with their cars) also had a lift system jam, the exhaust gasses melted part of his rear bumper and also one time his car overheated on the track after just 4 laps. And I honestly can continue with these stories... And also see these videos - I don't know someone who has made such a video for his new Ferrari. And the fact that someone may have not got any problems with his Mac obviously doesn't mean anything... I am not trying to convince anyone about anything, I am just trying to say, that I don't speak things, that I don't understand. They are a young company with no experiense about the simple, car things, that are unrelated with Formula 1 and that is obviously causing these problems. However, when they are trying to compete with the others and especially when they charge 300 000 or more Euro for a car, such issues are absolutely not acceptable. They will probably resolve them at some point, but I guess it may be too late for that as their reputation will already be damaged, which is sad. And again - the only REAL judge of the qualities of a model is the second hand market :)

LightGuy likes this.
  3. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #53 IPO1, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    There is so much BS in that reply I wouldn't know where to start.

But what I will say I always notice it's the "I have a friend--or in this case 6 friends". Well I have six friends too also Mac owners with no such issues--one of those is me. I have six friends with Ferrari's that all have issues. You see where this can go right?

As to Youtube just search for yourself on Ferrari, I could post many if you wish, but why waste bandwidth. Hell look no further than this forum with all of the issues people have with their Ferrari's...go hit search.

You hate Mac like many F car fanboys. It's okay, but just say that instead of making up a bunch of BS.

And as to secondary market, you don't want to go there in US...488's out pace 720's by a factor probably 3x of cars for sale (and their prices are ugly). But hey you are not into facts so why bother.

Take care.

tekaefixe likes this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    At my age, I have no patience or tolerance for cars that are unreliable. I spend enormous sums of money for the pleasure of owning and driving these super cars without enduring the hassle and irritation of them breaking down.

tekaefixe likes this.
  5. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    #55 rumen1, Aug 21, 2019
    The only BS is your comment, my friend and "You hate Mac like many F car fanboys" says it all. I don't really have much to say to people like you, to be honest.

All I described was true, if you believe it or not - who the F*** cares? :) (actually why the hell to make such things up anyway?) And to say that the 488 depreciates faster than the 720S makes me laugh really hard, almost as hard as your whole post :) Please feel free to NOT respond to me, as it really is no interest for me to chat with people like you.

MANDALAY likes this.
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    About the juvenile response I expected.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Damn, you don't like me, now my life makes no sense anymore... ;(

8. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    #58 exoticcardreamer, Aug 21, 2019
    You do understand that the guy you are responding to has a healthy number of postings selling ferrari parts on these forums right?

People who argue too much on forums with a consistent theme (that is in no way in synch with reality.... are either on their first exotic car OR directly/indirectly benefit monetarily from certain marques.).

Boomhauer and IPO1 like this.
  9. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    :D :D :D Wow, you got me. I have some parts for sale (mainly from my own cars) in F-chat and that is why I am trying everything I can to ruin Mclarens reputation (which is otherwise flawless). Are you even serious? I really thought there should be much more serious chats in this forum. Well, guess I was wrong...

10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The Huracan is an R8 in drag and benefits from the massive development and validation resources of the VW empire. It makes a difference.

Shack and Ash Patel like this.
  11. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Rumen I understand your frustration but don't let that take the overhand and leave f-chat, there are still very much good knowledge here even though I feel you on the part that sometimes it feels like someone is monitoring you and all off the sudden posts something about you, questioning your credibility without much of relevance to the thread on it's whole.

As I stated earlier it very easy even though majority here is grown up men, to behave in bad manners towards another members as you sit behind fake names and no profile pictures etc and just write stuff. Let's see how many of these that would actually face you up and talk this way directly to you.

@IPO1 this is in no way any critique towards you, I get your point on this Mac vas Ferrari debate is getting tiresome :)

rumen1 likes this.
  12. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    #62 rumen1, Aug 21, 2019
    Funny thing is that I don't hate McLaren at all. Why should I? I am a car guy and I love all nice cars (supercars especially). I am just beying realistic. I have described a real situations from my personal experiense. OK, it is not happened to me, but to good friends of mine. So does it make any difference? Of course not. I don't personally know the youtubers from the videos that I posted earlier in this thread, but how is that changing anything? It's the same when there are threads about the 458 gearbox problems. Someone comes and says - "This is BS, my car doesn't have such issues". :) I also don't have problems with the gearbox of my 458, but that doesn't make the problem imaginable.

However, when someone, who doesn't know me comes and says that I am trying to ruin McLaren's reputation because that will help me sell the diffuser and the exhaust from my car easier, is mildly said ridiculous. Another guy who also doesn't know me called me a liar and a McLaren hater (or was it Ferrari fanboy). That just shows that this discussion has hit rock bottom. It is really getting nowhere, so I plan to end my participation in it now. :)

Lukeylikey and Ash Patel like this.
  13. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Agree on this 100%. Just don't care about this and move on, no need to waste energy on even responding to be honest, easiest is just use the ignore function :)

Lukeylikey and rumen1 like this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Congrats. I think the 675 is a better choice than the 458 if you like raw feeling and a really solid front end. The driving position is better and the car is overall better on track. Nice comparison post!

15. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Nicely put.

16. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #66 IPO1, Aug 21, 2019
    Congrats to OP. Don't let these typical jealous people deter from the enjoyment.

Moving up from a 458 is typical--I had too many issues with mine and getting warranty claims from Ferrari was impossible.

Enjoy the 600LT and I'll leave this thread to the haters (but thankfully was able to ID more for my ignore list).

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Thanks currently it is getting more clear bra and ceramic coating I should get it back tomorrow. Looking forward to getting past the break in miles and then seeing how she really runs. Its a toy, looking forward to the experience.

IPO1 likes this.
  18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    So you don't have a McL and you are reporting your friends' experience. Thanks. Appreciated it.

Back to 600LT discussion, guys.

Boomhauer, rumen1 and SoCal to az like this.
  19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Give us all a report on the 600 op. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after a proper drive.

20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    To focus on the 600LT, to the OP I like the colour and spec of your car. I think the 600 is a smart buy. It has only a sniff below the very highest performance but it is simpler (no rws or fancy suspension - even the 3RS has rws these days) and is a very focused car, something more important to me than outright pace. I prefer its look to the 720. At its price range what competes with that car? Maybe a 3RS? The 600 has a more exotic feeling inside and outside though and a less sit-up-and-beg driving position.

I’m about to take my 3RS on a road trip to the Black Forest and will visit the Porsche museum among other things. My travelling buddies will mostly have Ferraris including a number of Pistas. I don’t think I’ll easily keep up with them but I suspect a 600LT would and with more compliant suspension would maybe be a better car for that trip than the RS. Hope you enjoy yours.

chinaleeexports likes this.
  21. TheRossatron

TheRossatron Karting

Jul 23, 2005
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    All cars have their issues, when the 458 first came out there was a recall for them catching on fire, likewise for the 991 GT3s. People just have short memories.

The 600LT is a fantastic car, I'd rate it alongside my Speciale (in some aspects it excels it!) Nothing beats driving enthusiastically along a nice stretch of road at dusk and hearing the whip cracks as you downshift and seeing blue flames bursting out of the exhaust tips in the rear view mirror. It's a very quick, planted car, and with the ESC in track dynamic mode, very controllable in a slide

Ash Patel and IPO1 like this.
  22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I agree it’s a great feature that exhaust. Funny how little things can make such a difference. For example the F8’s slatted rear screen, the Italia’s Three exhaust arrangement, the P1’s open rear or the 911’s ducktail spoilers.

TheRossatron likes this.
  23. TheRossatron

TheRossatron Karting

Jul 23, 2005
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Indeed, for a while I wanted an SLS just for the doors!

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I had one. The doors are magical! Wish I would have kept the car.

Boomhauer and TheRossatron like this.
  25. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    And for those who say Macs sound crappy:

ducatir8cer and IloveGT like this.