348 - Radiator fan | FerrariChat

348 Radiator fan

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrarium, Aug 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Up this weekend is all new fans, fan temp sensor, cockpit water temp sensor, both ecu water temp sensors, heater water pump, plus oil pressure sender and boot since I have to remove it anyhow then coolant flush. I'll try that Prestone coolant flush flush stuff.

1) Jack up car and first problem, the fan connectors are a rubber material it disintegrated. You may want to check yours of your came apart and you drive in inclement conditions they may corrode and cause issues. Worst case splice new ones in.

2) Second problem new fans have a different connector so if you get replacement SPAL fans be aware the connectors are very different. Since mine disintegrated I need to splice new ones anyhow, just giving heads up.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The passenger side Radiator fan is SPAL #30102061 which is 755 vCFM and is 9".
    The passenger side Oil Cooler fan is SPAL #30102061 which is 760 CFM and is 9".
    The driver side Radiator fan is SPAL #30102038 which is 1640 CFM and is 12".

Wade likes this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wade likes this.
  4. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #5 Ferrarium, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    The SPAL fan came with standard spade terminals, Will check into it and replace with heavier ones. The original fan has like 14ga wire. All the larger amp connectors were for larger wire. I'll keep checking.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    On those Delphi connectors the male pins snapped right in, on the female ones there was absolutely nothing about them that fit. The plug has 2 small plastic nubs on the inside sides making it smaller than the connector. There is no special tool that will solve that. Got the wrong spades who knows but Into the bin they went back to the drawing board for new connectors. Every potential problem I fix I create actual problems. ugh.

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Molex 2 Pin 12-10 AWG, 30 Amp Connectors next.

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric