THE COSMIC SIGNIFICANCE OF THE 2020 CORVETTE | Page 3 | FerrariChat

THE COSMIC SIGNIFICANCE OF THE 2020 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Jul 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is still BS.

They don't tell you how many they bought for their own inventory. You'll be able to walk in and buy one -- at a large mark up.

Dealers see the demand and are shifting from custom orders to their own inventory sold in a national market. Kerbeck will ship a car anywhere.

anunakki likes this.
  2. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    M5 comp, how do you like it?

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Kerbeck has NEVER done that in the past, why do you think they are going to start now????????

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    thecarreaper likes this.
  5. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    Every one of those cars show a DISCOUNT. Kerbeck was discounting C7's in February 2014. They are in the VOLUME business. A dealer doesn't sell 1000+ Corvettes a year doing ADM's.

6. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    #56 Donatella, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    GM fills customer orders before they fill dealer orders. If customer orders account for their entire allocation they won't have too many C8's sitting on the lot...This was certainly not the case with the C7...Time will tell...We'll see how many C8's they have sitting on the lot on March '20

7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #57 jimmyb, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    ^^^^
    GM sold 35,000 C7's in it's first year. Other than the big dealers who had SOME cars on the lot, the C7's first year was order and wait. C7 production started in July 2013.
    Production won't start on the C8 until December (and those early cars will be held for some weeks for QC checks) so I doubt anyone (even Kerbeck) will have C8's sitting on the lot in March 2020.

thecarreaper likes this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I use Kerbeck as an example. You’ll see plenty of 2020 C8’s on dealer lots starting early next year. And the vast majority will be way over MSRP.

Sold out for 2020? No way.

LARRYH likes this.
  9. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Haven’t had a chance to drive it a lot yet, but a significant upgrade from the previous generation.

sainthoo likes this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Long video of the changes at Bowling Green to make the C8

Some really good stuff here.

11. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I disagree with much of the original post. Cosmic significance?? All the same things were said in 1991 of the NSX. What has happened since? We could turn this discussion around and say cosmic significance Ferrari is building a front engine V8 car called a California. Nobody really cross shopped a C6 or C7 with a Cali. I owned a C6 back in 05. Had a few cars in between and now have a 13 Cali. I could have had two or three Corvettes. Totally different cars with different character and ownership experience. Lastly I believe the front engine manual shift cars will begin to hold their value. Last of the original. Personally if I ever add a Vette to my stable it will be a front engine C6 manual 427. I also never would consider selling my old exotic 512TR just because there is a rear engine Vette. Give me a break

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app