What does Ferrari plan for Monterey Car week, and how exclusive will it be? | FerrariChat

What does Ferrari plan for Monterey Car week, and how exclusive will it be?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bitzman, Mar 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I went to Casa Ferrari in that converted gas station a few years ago. And in more recent years wasn't there that mini Pebble Beach like-golf course next to the real Pebble beach course where they displayed 50 or so cars? At that one, they were kind enough to let anybody see the cars without paying but you weren't allowed in the building that overlooked it unless you had paid some (high) price to get an official ticket. So now I wonder for 2019 is it the same? What will their presence at Pebble Beach be compared to the Quail Motorsports Gathering?I shouldthink Ferrari hs to step hup each year to a bigger expenditure because McLaren came out of nowhere and is siphoning off customers plus Porsche and Mercedes with the more expensive models.

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Ah, that "mini Pebble Beach like-golf course next to the real Pebble beach course" was in fact the fairway for the first hole of Pebble Beach Golf Course...not some mini course.

3. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    There was zero Ferrari corporate presence at Quail last year; just owners bringing their personal Ferraris.

As for Casa Ferrari, it sure looks like that converted gas station was too egalitarian for elitist Ferrari. My fanatical tifosi friend still talks about being allowed to test drive a 488; a car he could never hope to afford. They built a lot of good will. I expect though that the exclusive Ferrari fortress at Pebble Beach better fits their business objectives.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  4. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I heard, somewhere, they will be back at the gas station this year. They have been running test drives from there for at least 4 years now but I think the green at Pebble was a 2 year contract. Not sure if they will be back there or not but it was quite nice...food and wine galore. Cheers!

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have been to the casa Ferrari for the last 4 years .. I am waiting on my ticket... for this year... last year I test drove a car as the gas station and they had the spread at the golf course and introduced the PISTA spider .. which was very nice....

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    As I remember it, I think on that golf course show anyone can walk out and view the Ferraris on display but it's forbidden for these casual spectaors to enter the outoor fenced in patio area to catch a snack or a drink--that's only for those formally admitted to Casa Ferrari through the front door. How much is Ferrari charging for this privilege and who's running it--Ferrari PR in the U.S.?

7. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Last year it was $900 or so to get in the house...if you could get a ticket. Food was great, etc.

8. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I know the rebellious youth inside me would say "badges--I don't need any stinkin' badges" but how do they tell those who've paid to get into that soiree from random passers-by which be me)

9. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    IIRC it was a wristband....or maybe a lanyard. getting old is hell

10. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I'll be displaying at casa ferrari, maybe I'll be the only dirtbag there :)

11. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Still at the Lawn at PB like the last 2 years?

12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    what will you be displaying I plan to be there will check it out..?

SoCal1 likes this.
  13. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Bringing the Silver Car fresh off a track day LOL

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH likes this.
  14. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    SoCal1 and gt4me like this.
  15. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
  16. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Also, her legs are attached to the man next to her o_O

Attached Files:

17. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
  18. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Pretty darn exclusive I only knew it was happening when we cruised by on our $10.50 17 Mile Drive and saw the Marquee.

“Nothing happening here keep moving”

Nice FChat drive though.