Reliability of the FF | FerrariChat

Reliability of the FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by mafpolo, Aug 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mafpolo

mafpolo Rookie

Aug 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark Froehlich
    I have never owned a Ferrari before. The FF is by far my favorite Ferrari. The Lusso is not in my budget, so I am lookng at used FF's.

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Welcome! It's indeed a fabulous car. Hope you will find one soon. Make sure to check out recent threads about the PTU.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. mafpolo

mafpolo Rookie

Aug 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark Froehlich
    It the PTU fails and the car is out of warranty, does Ferrari pay for that issue or does the owner pay for it?

4. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Well if it’s out of warranty... you pay for it of course!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    transmissions in general have come up as a bit of an issue. When one has a problem is it not cheap to fix.

6. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Amazing vehicle, I have had my '14 for 2+ years now, 17k miles and it's been a pure joy to drive and own. It's a personal choice but I self insure against any repairs instead of warranty. It has worked for me but there are just as many people that swear by the warranty for peace of mind. There is truly nothing like the sound of the V12.

Natkingcolebasket69 and otakki like this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    same here. PTU is low enough risk that self insuring makes sense.

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Lucky for your location in CO. In your state, you've got an excellent dealership service dept at Highlands Ranch, as well as two of the best Ferrari Indys in the country, if not the world: Maranello Motorworks and Scuderia Rampante. BTW, have you used either of the Indys? CO has to be one of the best States to own a Fcar.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Just bought mine, higher mileage (30k), no issues yet but I got a 2 year warranty ... so I’ll drive it freely;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  10. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I bought a 2012 with 19k miles and I did have to do the speed sensor in the gearbox, but that's out of the way and now I have a warranty (may not renew next year) and I plan to put about 20k miles on it. I'm at 23k now and no trouble at all. Except the usual gremlins that one should expect with Ferrari electronics =P

otakki and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Outrun

Outrun Karting

All cars have their issues and it’s natural that when one does, it’s highlighted on a forum like this. Nobody talks about the cars that don’t fail, which are always higher in number. I have a warranty for another year or so and will consider a renewal, based on cost, but is it’s too much I will also self insure. The FF is a fantastic car, I love mine and (touch wood) no issues at all so far in about 4K miles included a trip to Le Mans where the cars are used pretty hard.

Get one, you’ll love it.

12. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I can't second Outrun's entire statement above enough. People don't complain when the cars don't break. And, I'm so in love with this car. I looked at the new M5, an E63, an S63 coupe, the 911 GT3, all in the same price range and just nothing can touch the FF's value for the money right now. And if you're a first time Ferrari owner, you so incredibly will not be disappointed. You're in for a treat. This car is...majestic.

13. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    I would love to hear additional details on how the FF compares to the new M5 and S63 coupe. Sometimes I consider those 2 cars instead of an FF. Thanks

14. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I came from an F10 M5 so I was really interested in the F90. I drove one and I did love it. How can you not love an M5? It's ungodly fast and also an incredible executive luxury sedan. Best of both worlds. But in the end I opted not to buy the M5 purely because in 2 years it would lose ~$65k in value. Even pre-owned the 2018's are still tanking in value. My F10 was losing $1,000/mo consistently. The same plague for the Mercs. That was a perk of the FF, you got great touring and incredible performance, and the noise it makes. No so much on the technology side lol but it was a fair trade. Maybe I'll look at the M5 again after the FF, who knows. I'm a big BMW guy so it could happen. But I can't help but think it would be a downgrade. Would be nice to have the surround view cameras and soft close doors again. Oh and no damn key haha.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I got an s63 too. The ff is really behind technology wise and even the interior isn’t that much better. Sound wise and handling wise the FF is on another level though

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Well Chris Harris owned both a ff and s63 and he recently said it was the best kept secret there is:

I haven’t driven the ff yet enough... but build quality, safety, ride quality are just amazing in the s63... Tesla brags about its tech feature but the auto pilot on the new mercs is almost just as good too.

Anyways love both the ff and s63;)

otakki likes this.
  18. Outrun

Outrun Karting

I like the s63, I look forward to picking one up for £15k in about 3 years time.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im not saying s63 isnt great. Im saying id choose between that and the full size range rover. What the ff can do the s63 can never.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

otakki likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree but I still feel safer in the mbz;) go too fast in the FF;)

otakki likes this.
  21. Outrun

Outrun Karting

I felt safe in my FF until they sent an airbag recall......4 months ago.....

otakki and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  22. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu

23. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I feel like every car I've owned in the last 5 years has had an airbag recall...damn you Takata!

24. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Yes, recall and then don’t bother supplying new ones. Quality stuff. Thankfully I also ride bikes so my attitude to safety is somewhat relaxed!