612 BCM | FerrariChat

612 BCM

Discussion in '612/599' started by khalidb43, Aug 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    I am having a weird issue with my 612 that I was hoping to get some insight on with regards to the trunk release button. When pressed, it opens the trunk and the gas cap at the same time instantly. If I close the gas cap it still shows open on the cluster. I also have a full brake fluid level that says its low so I assumed to replace the reservoir which I did but still shows brake fluid level low. My light switch buttons seem to be one position away from the correct reading and it shows the brake pads are worn on the cluster only when headlights turn on but the break pads are brand new. Does this sound like a BCM issue? or some sort of a specific circuit issue? Much appreciated!

2. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Check the battery first. An almost dead battery will cause a lot of Electronic gremlins

3. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    Battery checked by mechanic says its good

4. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I’m no expert, but this kind of screwey behaviour does seem like a bad body control module.

Can your mechanic scan the BCM to see if any faults are coming up? If he’s got the right kit, he should be able to do active testing of the BCM which might confirm a fault.

Take it the earths all look good?

5. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    I took it to the dealer they mentioned the ncb is not responding. My mechanic cannot figure it out and the dealer wants to charge an arm and a leg to do a test and trial with maybe’s. I assumed the ferrari dealer would have the correct diagnostic tools to pin point the issue but they said we start by changing the bcm and see what happens because they’re not sure. Spent $900 for them to tell me what I know already from my mechanic which is uncertainty :-(

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Exchange the battery, will cost you only $ 150 or so.

Mechanics only put a meter on it … not relevant !

But the battery will cause these gremlins in 80% of causes here, same as in the 458 always.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yup, what he said.

8. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    A good mechanic will measure more than just the voltage on the battery. They should put a load meter in it to see what Amps the battery can throw out. This is the real test of a battery’s health.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yup, what he said, I was just too lazy to add it! :D

10. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I had can offer a personal experience with my battery which I had some odd issues which seemed to come and go. My battery finally gave up and when I replaced the battery all the odd electrical issues went away and have not returned. I think the battery was old and the OEM charger was not performing which hastened its demise. Now I have new battery and new Cteck charger and have been problem free since then.:):):)

11. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    Installed a brand new Bosch Battery still having the same issue. Replaced the BCM and still having the same issue, low brake fluid lights on (funny thing is when I press the trunk release button the brake fluid light goes away instantly and then comes back, airbag light on, brake pad worn lights on only when the headlights turn on. I am wondering if the ignition switch cable has anything to do with the issue as well. The car doesnt start when you crank it up right away the first time, I have to turn it off and crank it up twice and it starts immediately.

12. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    Im thinking of installing another new battery just to make sure! electrical issues can be so simple once you pin point whats wrong not the case here :-( 3 different mechanic shops and ferrari dealer cannot pin point yet. Trial and errors

13. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    Your input does make sense apparently 3 mechanics confirmed the battery is good which has me still in doubt to just change the damn thing again and see what happens!

14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    If the battery is old it may be worthwhile and not so expensive?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    It really seems that it’s probably not the battery at this stage.

16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    O.K … even more are we also interested HOW your problem will be solved in the end.

Good Luck and please keep us informed Khalid !

brogenville likes this.