Bluetooth Receiver for Maranello | FerrariChat

Bluetooth Receiver for Maranello

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Dm993tt, Aug 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dm993tt

Dm993tt Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    Does anyone have a favorite solution for a head unit with bluetooth receiver for their Maranello?
    Thanks in advance

2. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I bought this Continental unit. Bluetooth audio and phone. I like that it looks sort of similar to the original Becker unit and is not “blingy”. They also have an option without the CD player, a larger screen and only one knob, but I thought this looked more appropriate.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M, Bas, root and 2 others like this.
  3. Dm993tt

Dm993tt Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    Looks great! Does the job well??

Thanks for the response. Just a regular din unit? Simple swap?

4. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes does the job well. Regular 1din sized unit. I used to use a Bluetooth receiver from Becker Autosound plugged into the OEM Becker unit, but I always had some background interference noise and it only does music, no phone. I really wanted to add Bluetooth phone.

5. Dm993tt

Dm993tt Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks for quick response!!

6. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Dm993tt likes this.
  7. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So hard to find a non-flashy single din unit that has bluetooth music functionality. Finally!

F456M likes this.
  9. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Is the Continental head unit a "plug and play" replacement for the Becker?

10. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Almost. The switched power and permanent power pins are reversed so you must de-pin pins 4 and 7 and reverse them in the connector of the car's harness. I also did not have any wire going to pin 6 in my car (even though the radio pinout diagram shows it), so I did not have any backlight illumination of the Continental unit. I spliced a wire into the switched power line and added a pin to pin 6 to the car's connector. If you don't care about the backlighting, all you need to do is reverse pins 4 and 7 which is easy enough to do. Just google "how to de-pin an ISO connector". The only trick on the Ferrari connector is there is a locking pin that needs to be pulled out of the connector before you can remove any pins. There is a pinout diagram on Becker unit and one in the Continental manual.

docapl likes this.
  11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This looks great Jas Baski. I ha e a Pioneer retro look model now from 2003 and installed a Focal activ subwoofer behind the drivers seat. No Bluetooth but CD. Great sound now after six years of terrible sound! I am looking to add a Bluetooth adapter of some kind. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app