812 Spider | Page 21 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Agreed just something!

2. Zaco Smaug

Zaco Smaug Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    I'm dying to know. This will be my first Ferrari!!

3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Good luck with that...

4. Zaco Smaug

Zaco Smaug Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Have allocation with deposit, hope it sticks.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    So your local dealer has promised you an 812 Spider as your first purchase?

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    As the car does not yet exist in the MODIS system, there's absolutely no way your dealer can reserve an allocation or place an order. He's obviously holding the money for you, but it means nothing in relation to Maranello. The only people whom has been secured an 812 Spider at this stage, are the people on the lits Maranello have put out.

Not sure why your dealer would take your deposit or promise you an allocation. Any and all agreements at this stage is between your dealer and you only. If he's telling you he has an allocation for you and you're in the system, he is lying to you.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but it always grinds my gears when dealers do this kind of ****, as I find it dishonest to hold on to money that are not theirs for no reason.

Caeruleus11 and RyanFoH like this.
  7. Zaco Smaug

Zaco Smaug Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Thanks for the tip! Thats why I post here.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I guess this is a situation where it would be utterly cruel to post a picture of the front corner of the 812 Superfast. I'm sure the front bumpers are the same:D

JagShergill likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's what our forum.is for:)

May I ask where you are located?

10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    It’s. It too hard to see that there will be plants of cars, many hundred are going to the launches which run for a week. Then there will be big shots who don’t attend. All will need and will be filled.

You can’t invite someone to Italy for a launch and say no allocation.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Agreed on many points. But even with the what, 400-500 people that will attend via the invitations, that still leaves plenty for "big shots" and various others if the numbers are in the 1000-1200 range.

As for getting an allocation along with an invitation. I may have gotten this wrong, but from what I understand, there are those invitations that are A sent directly to the client from Maranello, and B there's invitations sent from Maranello to dealers who then forward the invitatiins and bring the clients out. For A and B you are compketely right. You cannot invite those clients without also giving them an allocation, or at least without making it very clear that they get an allocation if so and so criteria are met - i.e they are olose enough to meet the criteria that Ferrari deems it worth banking on it.
    Then there's group C which are clients invited by dealers only. These are potential buyers down the line, or clients which deakers seek to give a greater interest and insight into the marque and its models. For this group of clients, Ferrari has no obligation to provide an allocation, and I'd say it is the responsibility of the dealer to make sure their clients are well informed at prepared for what is possible, and what is not possible.

I might have gotten this all wrong, but this is what I've been able to piece together at this point. Feel free to shed light on what I may have missed or misunderstood:)

12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    V cruel ..:)

13. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    My dealer have 10 invitation for the event. They telling that they aren’t sure that everyone that’s on the list or going to the event will get a allocation. For myself I already signed my order but the don’t want my deposit. The can’t put the car in the system yet so it doesn’t make sense to pay. For the record normally I would get the car if nothing strange will happen. (It’s sill Ferrari where we talk about, so for sure we will never know )

14. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    My dealer took my money (£30k) and I’m going to the Maranello event. Would be cruel if I didn’t get an allocation... but I’m realistic.

I’m somewhat philosophical about it... would be awesome if it happened but if not, with all the GPF and crappy driver aids that are likely to be fitted, I’m ok with that too

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  15. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I can’t go to the presentation because I’ll be away on the other side of the world but was assured “don’t worry, if you want one you’ll get one”. I bet there will be a lot more than 500 customers at the launches.

16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    As for ADAS, I personally am not against it. These cars cost a lot of money, are very big and it’s no fun to run into someone else in a queue or car park. Whether you are a good driver or not, anyone can lose concentration in a queue. Looking forward to the reduction in insurance premiums....

uhn2000 and BarryK like this.
  17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Sure, that’s assuming the tech works... not so good if you’re driving along and something spooks the system and it jams on the brakes... and that Skoda Yeti behind you becomes entangled in your carbon diffuser :)

stavura, LVP488 and of2worlds like this.
  18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’m going next week looking forward to it

of2worlds likes this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I really can't understand the anxiety over this car. It will be an 812 with a 488 Spider style roof. In short, heavier, less rigid and worse to drive than the coupe.

20. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Go with eyes open, I placed my £20k order with my dealer for the yet to be named Pista and didn't get one

21. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    There seems to be lots of excitement about the car if it ends up being an 812 with a 488 spider style roof I’m not too sure what might make that car so particular other than maybe its rarity ( assuming it will be ) or whether that’s going to be the last NA V12 open top. It remains to be seen what the design will look like with the folding roof mechanism

22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure that number is so far off. From what I gather. The period from the 2nd. Untill the 6th. is the actual launch and viewing for invited buyers as well as the press. A lot of people will be there, but many are also press, client affiliates, dealer reps a d so forth. What goes on after the 6th. is from my understanding a general public showing of the car.

If this is the case, I don't think that number of actual invited customers over a 5 day span is that far off.

23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is a very simplified assumption.

For some of us, the open top experience is very much part of the whole picture. Also, while there is a difference, the drop tops have gotten a lot better in recent years.

I'm sure like the 812 Superfast, the car will be much more capable than most buyers have talent for, and for those of us who enjoy open car driving, the idea of an open V12 is a very exciting prospect.

I'm not losing a second of xleep over GPF's or active breaking systems at this point. The proof is in the pudding, and I'll hold my verdict till I've seen it, heard ht and driven it.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Question for those lucky few here whom has already seen the car. Will it debut in an all new colour, or will Ferrari be using an existing cour.:)

of2worlds likes this.
  25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I know that some people like sunburns and an inferior motorcar, I just don't understand why... :D

Interesting titbit, since you mentioned it. The original phrase was "the proof of the pudding is in the eating", which makes perfect sense. It somehow became "the proof is in the pudding", which makes no sense at all... o_O

of2worlds likes this.