The Purosangue Thread | Page 27 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If the Purosangue Mule is on the road every day I wonder why we've seen so few pictures of it and the last one on post #637 I presume is from April of this year. It seems the Purosangue Mule hasn't called the attention of the many foto journalists and car spotters.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Still better than a heavy system with 2 or 3 diffs.

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #653 Albert-LP, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    A mule is masked (so you can Exchange it for another car mule or prototype) and maybe (under the masking) different from the production car.

What is this here below? 812VS Prototype? 812 cabriolet Prototype? Portofino Cuupè prototype or test mule? Who knows. Not the Purosangue prototype nor mule, of course, but impossible to recongnize in any case.

Filmed by myself on August 08, 2019, around Maranello. Was fully covered with a canvas mask: it could be everything.

The Purosangue mule had to stop somewhere so it was better seen under the heavy masking it had, after he stopped. And from very close

ciao

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Alberto thank you for posting this recent video you made of a Ferrari Mule driving in the Maranello area. As you referred who knows what Ferrari could be hiding inside the Mule's canvas. If you happen to see around and film again any mule that resembles the Purosangue you very welcome to post it here.

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  6. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Agree…….

stavura and WilliamB like this.
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    We have to go back 90 years to find a car named Thoroughbred by it’s creator. “Unlike most other cars 90 years ago, Bugatti Type 35s were light, agile, and nimble. Bugatti was far ahead of his time.” Pur Sang was Ettore Bugatti’s term, meaning thoroughbred or “pure blood.”

In the automobile history Pur Sang, Puro Sangue, Thorough bred were terms used exclusively to define the best of the best racing and sports cars. Surprisingly or not Ferrari named his first FUV model the Purosangue. One thing is clear, the new vehicle will never be a thoroughbred when compared with the other more sportive models the company makes. So why did Ferrari choose this name? The intention perhaps is to emphasize that the FUV will be a unique product and the only Purosangue within the SUVs/Crossovers segment.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I agree to the fullest extent, Mário. You’ve echoed my feelings, although in a much more eloquent fashion than I ever could.

I believe tradition matters and therefore names and meanings matter. It seems nothing is “sacred” anymore: Ferrari builds an SUV with a name that has nothing to do with reality, over here in Europe Mercedes-Benz sells cars with Renault engines, BMW sells 3-cylinder Diesel cars... Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen, Opel is owned by the PSA group... Where will this end? This complete and utter distortion of the automotive industry?

To say Ferrari comes extremely late to the SUV “party” is a massive understatement. I still feel this will take a toll in the long run (Ferrari isn’t leading, they’re merely following an almost 20 year-old trend) and I’m curious to see how sales pan out after the novelty wears off.

That last picture of the forthcoming Ferrari SUV reminds me a lot of this one, the front end at least. Yes... A Citröen!

Kind regards,

Nuno.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Nuno,
    The picture you posted of a Citroen speaks by itself because now the majority of crossovers , independently of the brand or cost, all look the same. For the Purosangue to be a success, obviously not in sales volume and value but in terms of design , it really has to be an FUV. When we will visualize the Purosangue for the first time if we can't see straight away on the vehicle lines neither a crossover or an SUV, then we will know that Ferrari has succeeded in presenting something with a truly original design.

Regards

12. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I find your almost slavish support/praise of everything Ferrari quite interesting. I agree that in theory it's an ingenious solution but have a look at the thread regarding reliability issues with the gearbox and how it can lead to total engine failures.

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    If you ask me I don't even like AWD, but this car is intended for use in adverse conditions. In that context, the lightest and most rear-biased system is a good think IMHO. The problems are isolated from what I read on those topics and at any rate, all systems can fail, especially complicated ones.

15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so this car will have turbo engine? V8 or V6?

16. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
  17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  18. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    First I am sure it will have a V12 option (key difference 1) and 2nd I am sure it will use the Lusso technology (dual tranny) that is able to torque manage/vector up to 100% in a rear based driving experience. They may add some cool doors etc. giving it a more coupe like feature with rear access. 3rd it will be probably be DCT, which I don't see any other SUV being. Just some quick thoughts..

WilliamB and G. Pepper like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Since I have zero real knowledge, I will add my opinion. I will be very surprised (pleasantly) if it comes V12...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

deltona likes this.
  21. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    You know, even now, I’m completely underwhelmed by the prospect of a Ferrari “mum bus”.
    All the renders suggest a failed coupe design which will both 1) be uglier that a real coupe 2) be less practical than a boxy SUV.
    To me a “prestige” 4x4 is still like a “prestige” fork lift truck, the pointless dollying up* of a useful tool. I am,of course, in the minority. Anyway, never say never but for me the Puro Sangre will have to be inconceivably good to attract interest.

*IH Scout reference, now that, Gentlemen, was a proper 4x4.