The Portofino has landed! | FerrariChat

The Portofino has landed!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by FLU, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    This car originally was intended for the wife, but after I drove it, I'm thinking she is going to have to share this one! :p

Exterior: Canna di fucile, yellow shields, wheel caps, calipers, with diamond cut wheels.
    Interior: Blue Sterling leather, yellow belts, tach, and stitch throughout. Tricolore drive mode buttons.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chifotography/48610335586/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chifotography/48610335386/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chifotography/48609975763/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chifotography/48610337101/in/dateposted-public/

Maadalfa, Joe M, jtc360spider and 6 others like this.
  2. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    FLU and PhilNotHill like this.
  3. ferry430

ferry430 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2012
    Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Nice

FLU likes this.
  4. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Great spec and nice clean shots! What camera are you shooting?

FLU likes this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    As nice as that exterior is, I think the interior spec may just surpass it.
    The yellow seat belts and Sterling blue just pop.
    T

FLU and anunakki like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's a pretty cool and balanced spec.

When did Ferrari start to offer the tircolore manettino button?

FLU likes this.
  7. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Thx fellas!

TY! These shots were made with a Leica SL mirrorless body and the brand new (released last week) SL 50mm APO lens.

350MH83 likes this.
  8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Adam...you’re gonna have to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Fireman1291 likes this.
  9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    What are you doing screwing around with Leicas? this is Ferrari country.

Just kidding Flu; I've been using Leicas since 1945 when I borrowed my Dad's pre-WWII Leica IIIa with 50mm/f2 Summar to use while working on a ranch on the west slope of the Tetons in eastern Idaho. I'm a past President of the Leica Historical Society of America. Lovely images. Yours?

10. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Very cool! Yes, the images were all taken by me - Thank you! What a small world, I've joined a few LHSA event in the past and even toured Gary H's home once before.

11. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Thank you! If I recall correctly, it was a special request and the dealer had to get an approval from the factory.

12. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Great car. Great photos. Any photo enhancement software being used? Love the rich colors and hues (and the car looks great also!).

Thanks for any insights. My photography is beginner level and I would love to up my game.

FLU likes this.
  13. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    TY SB27! The only program I use to edit my photos is basic Lightroom version 6 (I think it's a pretty old standalone version). I never took the time to learn or even own photoshop. So, I'm not able to do any heavy "lifting" type of edits. With Lightroom, I just color balance by playing around with the (camera calibration) sliders and also the (HLS) sliders. Besides the other (Basic) sliders, very little else is done to the pics!

14. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    The tricolor rings on the PS, A, R buttons are Extra Companario and can be found in their Extra Companario catalog which the dealer should have. There are many tricolor options available including steering wheel stitching, center seat trim, paddles etc. Most of these items have their own code that the dealer can input into modis for your order and permission from Ferrari is only needed if it's a deviation from their spec.

FLU likes this.
  15. Maadalfa

Maadalfa Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    This spec is absolutely awesome. Congrats!

FLU likes this.
  16. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Great photos. Great car too.

FLU likes this.
  17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    The CdF paint looks amazing

Do you mind me asking how much extra it was? Is it just charged as a historical colour or more for out of range??

FLU likes this.
  18. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    TY! I believe the glossy CDF costs around 16k ish to paint. And then I asked my detailer to put on a paint protection film called Xpel Stealth over most of the car excluding the roof. All this process does is, it turn the existing CDF to a matte finish via a semi transparent film and is not permanent so that I can flip back and forth from glossy to matte if I wanted to change it up down the road (cost of PPF ~10k for the entire car). So in essence, it cost me ~26k to achieve this version of Opaco CDF.

19. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks for the additional info. Funnily enough, I was speaking to my PPF people (Topaz in London) and came to the same conclusion! I think using a matte finish PPF is much better than ordering matte paint from Ferrari... a lot cheaper (assuming you were planning to get a PPF anyway), you can reverse the matte finish, plus easier to clean and repair... no brainer!

I am (hopefully) getting an allocation for an 812 spider and would get that in CDF with a matte PPF. I have a Rosso Portofino coloured Portofino which I love...but it's time to step up into the big boys league with a V12...!

FLU likes this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Perfect spec, very tastefully done, congrats.

FLU likes this.
  21. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Awesome, I've heard Topaz is THE place! Love Rosso Portofino as well and best of luck on the allocation.