Can Apple CarPlay be added to a CPO GTC4Lusso V12? | FerrariChat

Can Apple CarPlay be added to a CPO GTC4Lusso V12?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by cwazyeurodrivr, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Hey all, so since the other half has driven the GTC4 a bunch of times and now steals it from me often. Been looking for at CPO'd 6mth-24mth old GTC4s. Most of them don't have apple carplay in them.

Can or does anyone know if it can be added ? Seems to me just a software update, I reached out to my sales guy that I ordered mine from , and his reply was " I don't see why not, but I'll e-mail Italy and see what they say.

That was 12 days ago, and he hasn't heard from them yet. Hence why I thought I'd ask the FC community :)

THANKS!!!!

2. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    It is possible to get CarPlay after the fact for Land Rover and Volvo and I don't see how it would be different for Ferrari.

3. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    I doubt no...
    Now they have android auto on Portofino...

I asked an upgrade for my gtc 4 with apple carplay already in...

They told no...

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

4. JamesNie

JamesNie Rookie

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Nie
    The answer is NO,
    I thought it's just a small upgrade just like my Porsche, So I didn't choose this option when I purchase my lussoT.
    But when my dealer sent the email to Italy, they said NO, it's not just a software upgrade but a hardware upgrade, so it's impossible to add it after factory..

5. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    My sales guy got back to me said they responded said they are getting "numerous requests to do so , and are looking for a solution " fingers crossed Just stupid to not put it into a vehicle it's a safety feature as far as I'm concerned. Between the text/imessaging and being about to use Waze or google maps is a no brainer.

6. dot.notation

dot.notation Rookie

Jan 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    GTC4Me
    I know this is an old thread, but it was one of the threads I found when trying to find out if I could retrofit CarPlay. So I gave up at the time.

But I have some information that people reading this might find useful...

I had heard that Passenger Display could be retrofitted, and my car was missing that too. So I went ahead with getting that installed, which also turned out to need a new harness, meaning the dash had to be dismantled. So I used the opportunity to ask the dealer if they could fit CarPlay while everything was pulled apart and they said "no problem". 5 days later they had the part from Italy, 2 days later everything was installed. I now have Passenger Display and CarPlay. My life is complete. :D

sisiay and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes its doable. Its a matter of the desire and budget. Im glad you were able to add it.

dot.notation likes this.
  8. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Bravo! Would you mind sharing the cost?

sisiay likes this.
  9. dot.notation

dot.notation Rookie

Jan 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    GTC4Me
    CarPlay with fitment was +-$4500 (although note I’m not in the US or Europe). Which I think is what CarPlay costs as a factory option these days, but I believe it was around $2500 back in the days of the GTC4Lusso. Although it would have been more expensive than that locally, even as a factory option.

ANOpax likes this.
  10. Benji

Benji Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2012
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Pirri
    Hey Dot - can you share any details on this? Maybe the invoice from the job? It would be incredibly helpful, I am looking to add this to my car and both dealers within driving distance say its impossible. TIA!

11. Rjs2

Rjs2 Rookie

Dec 22, 2022
    UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Its not impossible, but its very expensive to add after the fact. I think you are looking at around $22-23k to do it at a dealer.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I got CarPlay added to my V12 Lusso recently by my Ferrari dealer in Australia. It cost about the same as getting it done at the factory. Here's the kit.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and GTf12 like this.
  14. GTf12

GTf12 Karting

Dec 29, 2015
    so if i bought a used 812 without apple carplay, i would be able to add it afterward? that's amazing news! thanks for sharing

spkyo817 likes this.
  15. 365TONY

365TONY Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    London United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimoldi
    Hi mhh,
    I have just seen your post about apple car play for your Lusso. I am in UK and I am trying to understand the issue. The part no on your box does not list at maranello parts in Uk. I wondered what is actually in the box and maybe you could post further photos. Also how much did it cost and can your local dealer supply another one?
    Many thanks.

16. Accidia

Accidia Rookie

Sep 15, 2023
    Hi, I live in Australia too. May I ask which dealer done the job for you? I have asked Zagame for retrofit Apple Carplay and passenger display for my v12 Lusso, they come says no they can’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. 365TONY

365TONY Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    London United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimoldi
    Whilst the part number is genuine and. I think, still available you must cross check with your VIN number. My Lusso is late 2019 and the kit is not compatible. My dealer checked through the Ferrari system. I have now exhausted my enquiries in the UK and I do not think retrofit car play is possible.
    Hope this helps.

18. mnl

mnl Rookie

Jul 12, 2023
    does the lusso have a specific USB port for carplay? when i asked about adding carplay to my 812 they said no because of that (center console in mine has a regular USB port, cars with carplay get two, one specifically for carplay)
    is that not the case on the lusso? or is it possible to retrofit by changing a whole lot more parts to add that extra port?

19. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ferrari Adelaide did the install for me. Ask for Austin Zagame.

20. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I can't exactly recall how many USB ports my car had before the dealer installed CarPlay but it now has 2, one of which is branded with the CarPlay arrow. I'm pretty sure it had 2 ports before the install...

21. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Carplay cars have 2 indeed. One dedicated to CarPlay.

22. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    2015 FF can CarPlay be installed..