Aussie Aircraft Thread | Page 100 | FerrariChat

Aussie Aircraft Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Steve355F1, Oct 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Absolutely!! He probably drives a 3 pedal :)

2. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
  3. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
    The other 2825 jet engines could have ended up in L29's like this one at Wanaka!

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  5. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
  6. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
    I posted this ages ago but still think that is significant to what goes on during display flights.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  7. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
  8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Terrific

Steve355F1 and knocker like this.
  9. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
  10. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    #2486 simon klein, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Steve have you or anyone on here,heard of a fatal aircraft crash in New Guinea this week?
    I was told there was one involving a mate,John Alders,but cannot find anything on google or any of the news sites.
    We'd known each other for about 30 years :(

It's OK (well it's not) ,I found it .

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/228586

11. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  12. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just saw your post on PPrune, Simon.
    Sorry to hear it was your friend, and amazed at no coverage at all in the media here.

13. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Yep thanx Steve.
    No obit,no nothing except what I've posted and a small piece reporting an aircraft down in the Gulf on the 30th in the PNG National newspaper...
    John was one of my original customers at my servo back in '88/9 and we remained mates.
    He,before PNG,had partially moved to Puerto Rico of all places and loved it.

14. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hopefully more information comes to light in the next week or two.
    PNG is - by all accounts - a fairly strange place so could take a while.

15. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    DOH Costa Rica,always get the two confused.

16. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
  17. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  18. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    The whole grey nomad thing is a blight on the face of the earth... fragments of suburbia being dragged across the country spending the minimum they can; blocking truck rest and safety areas just so they can save a few bucks.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Australian road trips (probably done more than most) but the only ones benefitting from caravaners are the fuel suppliers.
    I'm taking heart that the trend is declining since several RV / caravan companies have gone bust recently (not meaning any disprespect to the actual company owners).

19. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Fortunately for regional Aussie about 95% of what you've posted here^^^^ is utter Bulls***.
    If it were not for these folk 3 of the 4 caravan parks in Atherton would be closed,the 4th having turned itself into predominantly permanents and backpacker accom.
    The 2 supermarkets in town are bustling with 'downsouthers'.
    The various paying attractions' carparks are usually at least 1/4 of out of state TOWING vehicles,not rentas you'll notice or mobile homes.
    The various mechanics and engineering works have usually a minimum of 2 out of state TOWING vehicles,note..not backpacker type sh1tbox campers.
    When that happens they usually get a renta from me or the other mob for their enforced stay....and when that happens,they spend more dosh on food and booze...at the local establishments.
    I'm sure they don't head home when they need tyres...
    A case in point though a bit sideways from your example,I currently have my Navara towing a campertrailer up the Cape for a mob whose Prado has lunched their diesel.
    They have a 16 day rent from me plus an exchange engine being put in locally....about $12K being spent in town.
    As far as the truckstop thing,I think you'll find they would rather stay in a designated FREE stops because a lot of 'em have showers and dunnys.....they don't want to clog up their own where possible AND waste dosh on starting their genys for heated showers.
    They,in Qld at least,are only permitted to stay a certain number of nights for zip until the caretaker,there usually is one,either moves them on or they pay some gold coins to stay another couple of nights.....that's what it is as the one out of town.

The beef I have with 'em is that they have lousy other driver awareness and particularly poor parking skills.
    Some of 'em shouldn't be allowed out of their front yards yet alone allowed to tow up to 10 metres of mobile chicane behind their Landcruisers,or worse those bloody great yanktank 9 metre long sh!tboxes!.....ON A CAR LICENSE!!!

Anyhow they are imperative for the livelihood of huge numbers of regional towns and villages....phone any regional council around the country and ask 'em what they reckon.

20. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That's a beat up !!

Whinging about "tourists/nomads" using stretched resources and RFDS flights by going unprepared around Australia !!

Spending the last week in RPA I laid next to 3 people from the outback USING city resources AND then getting flown home to Orange, Bathurst and Broken Hill so FFS, squawking about a few travellers increasing the workload from 100 per year to 120 is BS reporting, have a look at the number of out-of-towners from Sydney using the city resources and getting free accomodation for relatives visiting and then getting flown home !!

And as if RFDS pilots work !!

Gary ?? :p

21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    agree ..................... the ghost towns are the ones the nomads avoid

22. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    I'm with you Klink.

I would have thought the benefits to local communities would far out way the negatives.