1990 Mondial T 3.4 | FerrariChat

1990 Mondial T 3.4

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by KATIEPEPI, Aug 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    Checked forum but find nothing on this. There has been an ongoing electrical issue, the three most significant issues - 1. A/C/tail light/radio/turn signals fuse kept burning out. 2. Starter did not always engage after the car was hot. 3. Power not fully off when ignition turned off, including power remaining on many systems and indicator lights for gage lights, parking and engine indicator lights. Much work was done including new starter and rebuilt fuse box. While not yet sure about some of the other issues, the power not turning off when ignition off is now my focus. Anyone have the same issues. Any suggestions...PLEASE?

2. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Sorry can’t help. I was going to say fusebox but looks like you’ve sorted that. Good luck.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    When you say "power not turning off when the ignition is off", can you give some specifics? In other words, what is still being powered that concerns you?

Also, can I suggest that you fill out your profile? At least include a general area within Planet Earth. ;)

4. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    The indicators in the instruments, oil pressure, parking brake and abs warning. Heating/a/c fan still running, radio, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, back up lights, windows. Not sure if there is anything else.

5. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ignition switch?

Regards,
    Jerry

6. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    That was my first thought but two places said no although at this point it sounds like the only logical cause. Of course, that would leave the problem of where to get one. I have only seen one and that was used with no guarantee so could be back in the same place.

7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    A quick search shows this as being available in Italy.

https://www.partscollector.com/en/mostraArticolo.php?IDArticolo=13455

https://www.partscollector.com/en/index.php

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    Thanks a lot. I did not find that one in my search. Also used of course, but I will ask about the price.

9. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The ad says "Condition: New".

Good luck.

10. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    Yes, I saw that but it doesn't look new. I have already sent a message to ask for price and condition. Thanks for much for finding it for me.

11. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Looks the same as the switch I replaced on my fathers Fiat X1/9...except for the keys. Maybe a cheap new Fiat one even if not the perfect fit would allow you to check if the switch is the problem without too much out of pocket cost.

12. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    Thanks. Very helpful. I will keep it in mind as I confirm the key is the issue. Thanks

13. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    Thanks very much. I will look into it.

14. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I had to replace mine too a long time ago because of the same symptoms. I have a unit available if still needed

15. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    I think yes, is it new and how much are you asking?