Buying my First Ferrari, tips and tricks | FerrariChat

Buying my First Ferrari, tips and tricks

Discussion in '360/430' started by DCTkid, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DCTkid

DCTkid Rookie

Aug 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrew Hieronymi-mungo
    Hey guys and gals. My name is Drew, I'm a 26 y/o business owner from Boston and I'm FINALLY in search of my first Ferrari. After first seeing the 360 in NFS 2: hot persuit, when I was a kid, I've wanted one ever since.

So it only makes sense for the 360 to be my first Ferrari. I am a firm, and I mean extremely firm believer in modifying cars. I feel that no bolt should be left unturned, thus, my plans and aspirations for the car are immense.

Meaning that my only logical decision, is to buy a higher mileage 360 since I plan on fully making it my own and driving it everywhere.

Leading to my question. What should I look out for on these cars when searching, and where is the best place to search?I I would like a paddle shift car (although the first time I drove one, the trans was broken and would shift from first to fourth Everytime) so that kind of left a sour taste in my mouth with those, as I'm not sure if it's a common problem. Additionally, I'm not sure which trans is stronger, as I plan on building my own twin turbo kit for the car since I do fab work on the side.

And lastly. Is there an air ride kit out for these yet? Bags make my goals much easier, especially living in Boston . Thank you all for your time.

2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Check out Copart.com

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    You will meet almost universal scorn with the typical Ferrari crowd. Just letting you know.
    IMO a Lamborghini would be a better place to start.
    More normal to mod these cars in fact you might get a killer deal on a modified twin turbo one right from the start.

4. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Do not tell any prospective seller that you plan on ruining the car or they probably will not sell it to you. Start looking at wrecker yards to scratch your itch.

5. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
  6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    BAD430BENZ likes this.
  7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Start with the sticky at the top of this forum. It has a detailed discussion of the known issues. NOTE: overall these are very reliable cars.

There is only one transmission used in the 360. The syncros can be damaged (not uncommon) and that may have been your issue, or a sensor, or adjustment. There is also a long thread where one of the members converted to air suspension. It is not a "kit" but the thread is detailed so you could easily follow in those footsteps.

8. DCTkid

DCTkid Rookie

Aug 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrew Hieronymi-mungo
    Give me a call, that car would save me a good amount of time since it's already a 1/3 of the way to what I want. 8456637665.

9. DCTkid

DCTkid Rookie

Aug 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrew Hieronymi-mungo
    While I so eventually want a TT Gallardo, they are becoming increasingly popular and I have an infatuation with fender flared and turboed 360 modenas.

And while I do appreciate everyone's opinion, theirs won't reflect how I feel about my car or what I want to do it. If someone wants to dictate how I should modify my car, they are more then welcome to. Just pay me, first.

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  10. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I will give you a call later this evening :D

11. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Speaking of perfect timing. Stars aligned between both parties. :cool:

LightGuy and ItalGerBrit like this.
  12. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    I have a more street/challenge style, but I agree that hotrodding a Ferrari is cool. They made 17,000 of them, have fun!

Drestless likes this.