348 - Front number plates | FerrariChat

348 Front number plates

Discussion in '348/355' started by A348W, Aug 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    For those of us who have to have a front number plate; how do you mount yours :)

I’m about to get my front bumper resprayed and don’t really want to screw the plate back onto the bumper so looking for solutions please.

Current idea is to use a flexible stick on plate which appears you can use over here in the UK!

2. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I am in the US and looking at options for mounting a front plate. I’ve seen a few at car shows that clip onto the grill similar to how they market those cell phone hangers that clip onto the air vents in the cabin. I’m also looking at a mount that can attach to the tow hook location. Haven’t settled yet.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    cardude442 likes this.
  4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I was thinking something like that would be a possibility.

But F*** me, $250 for a bent piece of metal with a few holes and some foam strips! Did it come in a little yellow box with black horses on it; that's the usual "Ferrari tax"! I am seriously in the wrong business. No disrespect, but I could make that inside an hour!

5. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree with you on that front. I am handy with metal work and own a MIG welder.

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I was thinking something like that would be a possibility.

But F*** me, $250 for a bent piece of metal with a few holes and some foam strips! Did it come in a little yellow box with black horses on it; that's the usual "Ferrari tax"! I am seriously in the wrong business. No disrespect, but I could make that inside an hour!

7. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Yeah, I thought about that when I bought it 5+ years ago, but then we all have cars where the engine needs to come out for a belt service so we know the deal. I haven't given it any thought since, for me around NYC there's a toll booth every 30 yards or so with police positioned and eyeballing everything; and when I had no front plate on my 308 they would often stop me. Never ticketed, but always held up for a few minutes so this avoids all that nonsense, and I didn't need to fabricate something half-baked myself.

I got an email a few days ago that said Fabspeed is having 10% plus free shipping this weekend, so maybe give them a call and see what they can do.

8. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #8 harleyx49, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

Attached Files:

cardude442 likes this.
  9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Fair enough. I keep forgetting how anal the cops are over there!! Don’t miss that petty mentality at all.