Battaini jack, which Ferrari modell? | FerrariChat

Battaini jack, which Ferrari modell?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by LeoDino, Aug 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoDino

LeoDino Rookie

Sep 2, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Georg
  2. steven_ew

steven_ew Karting

Apr 3, 2009
    Looks a lot like the jack for the 308?

3. LeoDino

LeoDino Rookie

Sep 2, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Georg
    Hi Steven, thank you for this reference.
    Georg

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Could be "late 308 and 328"; but not early 308: I don't recall for the "2 valve-injected cars", but certainly the carbed cars had YELLOW jacks.
    But I don't know why, it doesn't look to be exactly the same than a 308 jack; certainly, the bag is not from a 308.

Rgds

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    As for 308s and 328s: the change from yellow to black jacks started at about 1983.
    So the cars produced before that, that is carbed 308s and "2 valve injected cars" had YELLOW jacks.
    During the 308 QV production, most early cars (starting in sept 1982) to mid-production still had yellows jacks; starting with mid-production, black jacks started to appear, but the yellow ones didn't disappear at once, there was some overlap between the two colors.
    Then all 328s had black jacks.

Rgds

6. LeoDino

LeoDino Rookie

Sep 2, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Georg
    Hi Nerofer, thank you for this reference and comprehensive clarifiaction. As I wrote I am not needing this jack (as I am only having a 246). Is there any demand for such jacks? And how much would it sell for?
    Georg

7. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    It looks to me that it is a Maserati Bora or Q Port III jack. It is missing the handle and extension. I think it is worth about $300 if the bag is in very good condition