Georgia road trip idea: | FerrariChat

Georgia road trip idea:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Jun 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    F355Bvc, ATLdoghouse and 4re308 like this.
  2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
  3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sounds like a great trip! Count me in.

4. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
  5. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I like everything about this except the possibility of hiking and no mention of lunch. So if those are negotiable I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I don't think those could all be hit in one day. Maybe over 3-4 days (consecutive weekends?). I would definitely change the route to include more interesting roads. US 23 is terrible, and GA 197 runs almost parallel to go up to Rabun county. Great BBQ place in Clarksville called Hawg Wild at the south end of 197 also.

:)
    BT

7. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    My wife loves waterfalls, and we live in GA, so this is a possibility.

8. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I don’t really know the roads up there - care to design your favs on a map for us?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Fchat doesn't let me upload photos without a URL anymore, but the basic thing is to go up GA 400 / US 19 to US129 north over Blood Mountain, take a left on 180, then left again on 60, then back up over Blood on 129 (this is the Suches Loop), then take 129 up 180 going right (east), then right on 348, left on 75A to Helen, then 17/75 north to 515 / US 76, right past Hiawasse, then right (south) on 197 to Clarksville. From Clarksville take the easy way (115 to US 129 to US 19 to GA 60), the north on GA 60 up to Morganton, and then go south on 515 / 575 back to the humans. This will hit all the major good state roads up there. I have a different route that I prefer, but it has too many small roads to describe it here. The fun roads you are trying to hit are: 129 over Blood Mountain, 180 west between 129 and 60, 348 (Richard Russell scenic highway) from 180 to 75A, 17/75 from Helen up to 515, 197 from east of Hiawassee to Clarksville, and 60 all the way from the rock pile on US 19 up to Morganton. To hit them all without stopping is probably 5-6 hours depending on your speed.

:D
    BT

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  10. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    So is this a road trip being planned?

11. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

This, until it stopped letting me add destinations... I sent the loop to my phone, so if anyone wants it, PM me and I'll text you the link.

sjd

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I go drivig in the mountains about every 2-3 weeks. I can post it up here if anyone wants to join. Went last weekend up to NC and did some great roads west of Murphy and between Andrews and Hayesville. The weather is about to turn perfect, but I am out of town the next 3 weekends.

:D
    BT

steved033 and aslowdodge like this.
  13. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    This little route includes the Amicalola State Park stop, a stop at Gibbs Gardens, Town of Jasper, and my mountain house (the red pin). Any of the four could be a stop for a meal and refreshment (brunch or lunch or whatever) one weekend. It's an easy drive, the only catch is the road into my house is gravel, but I take my Ferrari's on it without trouble and my 348 is low ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons and steved033 like this.
  14. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    That would be fun.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  15. WilliamBenefield

Aug 25, 2019
  16. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I may try this route this coming weekend in my daily driver first. Still breaking in the rebuilt motor on the Boxer. I would like to get 1000 miles on the odometer and it’s first oil change before going on an extended trip like this.