Help! ****ing key will not work on Daytona | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help! ****ing key will not work on Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Sorry for the side tracks David. It’s my 65th today and am feeling a bit rambunctious

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Let me check with my little big boss. I think you might get tire of it, it's hard to get in and out of, has those ridiculous seat belts, you can hear every pebble and bit of sand hitting the inner fender, has turbo lag, but the ac blows cold!:D

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Holly cow that's right! I think you are having a big party in the Tampa St Pete area?! Happy birthday!! And to keep on topic, if you are selling the key, I will be happy to buy it.

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the problem is when you copy the "worn out" key you may have the same problem as with your key now. but also the lock inside is worn out a little and if someone will make a brand new key as the original has been may be it also will not work then.
    best to try first: use a little ballistrol ( gun oil ) in the lock

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Yeah, I've been thinking that about he worn issue...I'll give it a shot. I had a problem years ago with the 348c, and low and behold installed a push button start. You still have to turn the key, but something watin working right. In short hindsight I guess that has nothing to do with this present issue.

6. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
  7. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
    David, is this how you felt when you realized you had the wrong Ferrari key ?????

8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Happy birthday, Steve!