F12 tdf market price thread | Page 21 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Tdf is your answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RomanD likes this.
  2. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Was just trying to address the cost concern! I am on the verge of being “allocated” a lusso so yes that will be the new chariot.

RomanD and daytona355 like this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nice welcome to the awd f car club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RomanD likes this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Buy a TDF knowing you are OK with it potentially dropping to $400k and you will be fine. Since no one can predict the future, predict the worse. So if we get another recession, i would think they would drop to around their MSRP, maybe a bit less if you add miles. With that in mind, and if it does not scare you, then buy one and enjoy the hell out of it.

RomanD, LARRYH and Juli like this.
  5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If you want a TDF, want to use it, and want to minimize depreciation, my lens is this:

1) Connect with some people with solid networks and put feelers out for a TDF with miles (5K, 10K, 15K if they exist).
    2) Resign yourself to the fact that you might have to compromise on spec, but you'll accomplish 90% of your goal
    3) Be heartened by the fact that there is no bad TDF, regardless of spec, and that you'll derive immeasurable pleasure from using one without abandon as opposed to worrying about the ROI as you stand in the garage on any given Sunday morning.

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You're almost making me wish for a recession! :)
    I'd buy one at $400K for sure!

RomanD, LARRYH and daytona355 like this.
  7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I would be in at around 7-800..I can wait...

RomanD likes this.
  8. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Thanks for the insight. Umm.., I'm not sure TDF owners would be going mental during a recession in the first place. I'm pretty sure that's one of the last things they'd sell if all their assets skyrocketed down to 0. I'm pretty sure most of these people have hard assets and cash so they'd hold their stocks that went down 60% and definitely hold their cars that they bought as an investment in the first place.

9. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    The two tdf's i'm looking at have 390 & 5,400 KM. One of them has a black stripe coming down and it's giallo with black wheels. The only thing that would make me "not like" a spec is wheels that aren't black. I can pass that because once i'm inside the car I can't see the wheels anymore. And thank you for giving me a good minute of laughter for the third point. I literally imagined that as if it were happening.

10. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Wow I didn't know I can reply to two at once! Hopefully I don't screw this up. Anyways, I'd also buy one 100-200K below. But I might not even be alive in a year. From a lot of people in Ferrarichat and just from how I look at life in gerenal, life is way too short to not do something that brings you joy and happiness over some sort of depreciation that you probably won't care about once you drive the damn car. I'm not buying I can't afford so if it drops it drops. If I don't like the car I can sell it in a week and probably make 10 grand. If I like it then I shouldn't care.

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    For me it not like I don't have any cars now .. currently have maybe 12-15 with 4 being Ferraris ... I am always waiting for something...that part of the fun.... if they never get to that price I am good with that also it is all part of the fun I waited 5 years to get a 599GTO.....

Texas Forever, RomanD and daytona355 like this.
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Absolutely right.... recessions hit ‘normal’ people in a different way to those with money. Most would do as you say unless they really got down to the last reserves of cash I would think, as we all know these things go in cycles, recession, then a recovery where things go back to where they were, and then on further, till the next recession and the cycle begins again

RomanD likes this.
  13. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    I am in a much different situation than you are in and salut on having a collection of 12-15! If that's your game, that's cool man.

14. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Yeah, exactly. Everyone who sold their stuff early suffered because it all went back up. Just because the housing market went down doesn't mean everybody stopped buying coffee. Now we're entering a time where like half the population rents. I don't know about other people who own these cars but my business and my investments are mostly "recession proof". This way I don't create something that I know will end up down the drain in a number of years for whatever reason. A lot of 'normal' people don't understand the relation between what happened and how it affected them. When you dive deep into everything most people who allocate themselves smartly weather you're a home/car/yacht owner or a renter of all those things you can be just fine. It's not like its the end of the world.

All that to me just strongly proves the point that something like a Ferrari F12 TDF will not be affected by a recession. And if TDF owners end up selling their cars because they get cash strapped I'm 100% sure that people who would buy them for 50% will be in the same position if not worse.

15. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    There’s approximately 10 or so TDF’s listed on DuPont Registry. All but one < 100 miles. All but one asking price $1mm or more. Are they selling? Will they appreciate?

Thanks

DGPF likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    popcorn time! punchline is overspecced rainbow brite cars arent holding value and hard to sell. wholesale is in the low 800s for good nice spec cars IF you can find a dealer to actually write you a check. unlikely anything new appreciates materially as the market is literally flooded with special editions and new editions etc.

GuyIncognito, uhn2000, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  17. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    What's the line from the movie The Incredibles? Saying everyone is special is just a other way of saying no one is. Applies to the modern supercar market in a way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hawkeye and Makuono like this.
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    everyone gets a trophy for participating

IloveGT likes this.
  19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    In Europe the price is 750-800k if you want to sell ... and my view is the price will come down...you can already buy 918s and P1s around 1m EUR, so I can’t see how the TDF can maintain its value up here

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

DGPF likes this.
  20. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Way2fast likes this.
  22. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I think you have to add on 10% for the auction house

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

23. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    And as someone pointed out on another TDF thread, look at the gap between TDF and 599GTO, which are trading less than €500k/$550k in Europe. And they built fewer GTOs. The latest will have a premium but with a 812 limited edition likely, the only way is down for the tdf.

24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    OP: Between your subject line and original post, you are asking THREE different questions.

1) F12 TDF Worth Asking Price? --> YES! (...go drive one and you'll understand why)
    2) Are they selling? --> YES! (tastefully-spec'd examples usually sell by private transaction, don't even hit market)
    3) Will they appreciate? --> Who knows. Who cares. 99.999% of people who are misguided enough to buy a car under the misconception that it's an "investment" are sorely disappointed.

Many buyers would not define the two Tdf's that sold at Monterey this year as "tastefully spec'd" examples, thus those two selling prices slightly below the $1M average.

Tdf doomsday predictors are largely guys who are still sore that they didn't buy one, or guys who already sold theirs hoping to feel some schadenfreude.

Avia11, Pesto, rp456 and 3 others like this.
  25. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Who cares? I don’t. I won’t ever sell mine

What’s the motivation for your question?

rp456 and ag512bbi like this.