What would you pay ??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What would you pay ???

Discussion in '360/430' started by BAD430BENZ, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yes ;)

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  2. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    1) I only reply back when the negativity from others comes out . Why don't you go back and see how many times i posted my modifications for others to see that might have the same ideas as me but didn't have the guts to go first ? See how many of my posts say "please keep the negativity to yourself" so interested parties can enjoy the threads i create . I take that as others saying their cars are better because i modified mine .

2) your second note is a good one . Please explain to me what you , or others , consider concourse ready ? "true to the day they rolled off the assembly line" is also a good one because if that was the case , why are there 100s of threads about which tire to get ? Why are there so many people that change their wheels to even the Challenge style ?

3) So you are saying that I themed my car after a Civic or Supra because I have turbos or a spoiler ??? Look at all these manufacturers that wanted to be Supras or Civics

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    In answer to your questions:
    1) No one came back with any sort of negativity in this thread. Just because they provided numbers that were likely lower than what you had in mind is not negativity.
    2) Tires are difficult to source for the 360 in original size and specs. Tires are NOT a modification that hurts resale unless they are ridiculously sized. Also, Challenge style wheels are also OEM offerings. Not going to get baited into a debate, even I put HRE wheels on my 360 and some did not like those. I did, but I can understand why others (purists) thought otherwise. We all have opinions, plain and simple.
    3)Each and every one of the cars pictured come stock in that format. Yours did not. Again, I'm not here to argue only to provide you rationale in a rational format as to why the values provided to your car were so low. Do you think that if I took the time to apply a Liberty Walk body kit and stance to my 360 that I would get the same money a pristine car would get? No, I would most likely be offered LESS than what a similar stock car would get in the market place. Mods do not equate to value unless we are talking a MKIV Supra and those are engine modifications primarily, body mods bring less.
    Good day and good luck.

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Wrong market for your car. You will find the right buyer. Just not here.

Nice build.

Drestless likes this.
  5. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    1) I couldn't care less about someone posting their idea of what the dollar amount should be otherwise i wouldn't have asked . I appreciate all the feedback from everyone , contrary to what i think it's worth . I just think the comments of "remove everything first" , " blingy" , "themed after a Supra or Civic"....which happens to be my favorite because it's from you , could all be considered negative because they are others opinions about why my finished product is inferior to a bone stock OEM vehicle , or as you would say "concourse ready" :D

2) You can source anything from anywhere if you look hard enough . That's another thing that makes me laugh is that a person that upgrades their car with OEM parts is considered doing something amazing for the "marque" but the person that modifies to upgrade the overall performance of the vehicle is damned for doing so . Why would someone add Challenge wheels to their non-Challenge vehicle ?

3) I am the king of modifying my cars so you definitely don't need to talk to me about not getting your money back from modifications . Over the years , I have lost my a55 in all the stuff i have done to my cars but while i had them , it made me happy . This is just about the only forum i have been a part of where a majority of it ( keep in mind i'm only on the 360 / 430 part ) is full of boo-hoos on modifications . I have been a part of MBWorld forever , and looks like i will become an active member again soon if the 360 sells , where modifications don't create such a big stink as it does here . You always have the few but here it's the majority . I should troll the 458 or 488 area to see how they carry themselves since that might be my next Ferrari to modify :D

6. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    IMHO there is a big deference from modifying and upgrading so if you buy Challenge wheels that is a upgrade but wend you buy aftermarket wheels that is modifying or adding extra body work like lip spoilers wings fender flares. I caught some slack about my 360 for upgrading every thing to factory CS upgrades. I think that would be upgrading. I the thing about modifying many years from today all that modifying goes out of style and factory upgrades will not IMHO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    It's been 100% painted, not just the front bumper, and a porsche color at that. That will certainly hurt value.

Saying that though I like what you did, but I would rather buy one stock and do my own mods.

JoeTSI and RANDY6005 like this.
  8. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    The market, not the guys on this list, will tell you what it is worth. You can get some ideas by listing it at a reasonable price on Ebay or some other car for sale sites and see what comes in. Usually a no cost option to see what people are willing to spend. Set a price that it can possibly sell at and set a reserve at your absolute bottom line. Make it fair and see what happens.

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  9. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    This is also correct.

There are two types of money out there: smart money and dumb money.

When you are selling ANYTHING, what you want is a dumb money buyer. The best type of dumb money buyer is the one who thinks they are a smart money buyer, because they think they know everything.

When you are buying something, you want to be a smart money buyer. What you absolutely don’t want to be is a dumb money buyer who thinks they are a smart money buyer.

You can ultimately spot the dumb money people when they transition from being buyers to being sellers. They will attempt to sell for top dollar, and state, “no low ballers, I know what I’ve got”.

EastMemphis and JoeTSI like this.
  10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    >> When you are buying something, you want to be a smart money buyer.

I am in the process of being a buyer and hopefully, a "smart money" buyer. I know I don't know everything. Heck, I don't know doodly squat about Ferraris except what I've managed to accumulate in the last six months. What I do know is that smart people who don't know, hire smart people who do. I got Mike of Yellow Compass Group to find me the right car at the right price. I've got one waiting for me right now and am going to pick it up next week. Can't hardly wait!

So if you want to be a smart seller, contact Mike and have him tell you what the car can bring. He's a wealth of knowledge about virtually anything Ferrari. And, being a smart guy, when he doesn't know, he knows someone who does and brings him into the conversation.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-owners-who-want-to-sell-their-cars-the-right-way.602290/

11. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    As what others said and you probably observed, this is not the proper channel to get the most value for your Ferrari.

The majority here like stock cars and only a few members here (like me, you and a few more) like modified cars. I appreciate both stock and modded cars hence why I'm here in this forum still.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of top dollar buyers for your Ferrari elsewhere, just not here unfortunately.

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont think so -even in Japanese car land enthusiasts dont pay premiums for extremely modded cars. ever see what those 900 hp supras go for? the modded lambos? cents on the dollar.

Flea7 and RANDY6005 like this.
  13. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Hey, Jason! You asked a bunch of Ferrari guys a question. I didn't read in a single reply any kind of knock on the upgrades you carried out on your 360. Each answer was nothing more nor less than an honest opinion on what the market might be for your 360. You built your car because you love Ferraris, decided a 360 would please you most at a price within your budget for the car and added the mods that pleased you. Your Dad's passing is surely a great shame as are the burdens of carrying on the business that leads you to consider selling your car. But don't rag on the men who were simply trying to help answer the question you asked. And remember, none of what's been written here is fact; it is all opinion, though on this Forum suich opinions tend to be fairly reliable.

if there is any way financially that you can keep your 360 consistent with your obligations to the business, you might consider that alternative. You'll probably find more folks with Ferraris in West Texas than you imagined. And you'll have the Ferrari that you wanted, waited for and saved for, modified exactly as you wished.

Just my 2c. good luck in whatever you decide.

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  14. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I can understand this if you and a few others out there are all looking to buy a bone stock 360 with the same options and mileage . Now if you pay $55k and the rest pay $65k then would you consider them spending dumb money because they paid a little more for what they wanted , yet you all got the same cars ???

I paid $80k for my car with the turbo kit , Fikse wheels , challenge rear grille and a few other minor upgrades . Was i willing to pay more than an OEM vehicle with the same mileage because it had these upgrades...hell yes ! Did i spend dumb money...i don't think so . Since owning the car , I have added a lot of carbon fiber , changed the wheels , changed mirrors , did the complete Scuding Light Kit , etc ...........oh yeah , i also painted the car to a beautiful color red because i think Ferrari reds are not that great due to all the pink and orange pearls . Is that my opinion , yes , but it's also my car .

I sort of see where you are coming from but IMHO , just because you chose to stay with Ferrari parts and i didn't , doesn't mean we aren't both looking for the same results . My guess is you chose Challenge wheels because of the unsprung weight and look you were going for . Well my DPEs were purchased for the same reason . You did performance upgrades to enhance the cars abilities . Well so did I . You have to admit that not every upgrade you did , did not take some modifying . My guess is that a whole heck of a lot of modifying , whether it be large or small , had to be done to convert your car to what you wanted . Your car is hands down a fine example of a finished product but it doesn't mean that your car is upgraded and mine is modified .

Not too long ago , I owned a Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO . When i ordered it , i was looking to get more power out of it . I did a lot of research and found a Magnusson supercharger and found a TRD supercharger . Dealership said they would order and install either of them for me . I ordered the truck and went with the TRD because it made a little more power . Now you couldn't order the truck supercharged so because i stayed with a Toyota product , is that upgraded ? If i would have gone with Magnusson and Toyota still warrantied it , would that have been modified ?

I think the wording (modified vs. upgraded) is the only thing that is changed when discussing an addition to a vehicle to enhance what is not OEM equipped .

15. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    no, but ketchup on fresh Yakima Valley cherries certainly is! :mad:

Skidkid likes this.
  16. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    you sure.......Ebay "sold" has the OEM unmollested car purchased for cheaper than the modified cars .

But i guess those buyers bought their cars with "dumb money"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Toyota-Supra-Turbo-Sport-Roof-6-Speed-980HP/323484171166?hash=item4b5128bb9e:g:3vkAAOSwL~hbP7t7&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Toyota-Supra-Fully-Built-Turbo-6-Speed-Supra-1200-hp-1-of-1/173986907387?hash=item28826d84fb:g:pTkAAOSwsJRdH-x8&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Toyota-Supra-Turbo/293134745075?hash=item4440313df3:g:9OQAAOSwi5dchqkV&vxp=mtr

Drestless likes this.
  17. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    I beg to differ. There's a market for modded vehicles that pays good dollar on the HIGHER miles arena which means it's not purist territory. AS LONG as it 's good aftermarket mods it sells for a bit more than stock.

Bought and sold several modded exotics (Ferrari and Lamborghini) and some modded sport cars (NSX and Supra), there are individuals willing to pay more for modded AS LONG as it's tastefully done and tuned right.

For example a higher miles (150,000 miles or higher) 900HP white supra with aftermarket TRD kit and aftermarket Volks wheels will sell higher compared to the same miles stock Supra. How do I know? I sold my high miles 900HP Supra last year way more than a stock Supra with same higher miles sells.

The blanket assumption that modded cars go for less is a reckless assumption IMHO. I agree that modded LOW mile cars will sell less compared to stock LOW mile samples BUT modded HIGH mile cars can sell more than stock high mile samples.

I bought and sold a lot of cars (Car dealer here), speaking from experience. :)

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  19. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Is this bet aimed at my car because i would love to take you up on that ;)

If it is , put your money where your mouth is :D

20. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    What if it sells more than 60k?

There will be a market for a higher miles 360 (his is higher miles per Ferrari 360 standards) with twin turbo that is willing to pay more than stock. Specially if it's a proper turbo like this one.

Hence my post earlier that this is the wrong thread to get the most dollar for his car, there are others out there that will pay-up for this turbo Ferrari. Most likely somebody who never had a Ferrari (which is a lot of people) and doesn't have a purist mindset...yet. :)

21. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Lets ask this question. Given the opinions expressed thus far and ignoring them for now, what exactly are YOU asking for it?

What IS the price?

RANDY6005 likes this.
  22. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I wanted to ask that earlier my self what do you think it is worth Bad430Benz ? I would like to have and idea what my CS conversion is worth to .

23. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I do not have a specific price in mind but i will not be selling for 50k or anything close to that . i would love to be able to sell it to someone that will appreciate it and use it but i am not giving it away because it is not a NEED to sell .

I will be honest and tell you i paid $80k for it . Did i spend more than i should have...yes . Did i want to buy a 360 and do a twin turbo kit on it....yes . Was i offered it at the exact right time it was for sale...yes .

So , if you ask me , i spent my dumb money in a smart way because i was able to get what i wanted for less than it would have taken for me to start from scratch and complete the build . I know i'm not getting what i put into it now but i was never trying to from the beginning....but i know it won't be selling for anything close to $50k like previously stated by the masses .

24. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Look under the door kick panels, under moldings, etc. because it’s black it won’t be so noticeable but whenever a car color is changed there are telltale signs. Those who have a trained eye cat spot most color changes a Mike away.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  25. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Thanks for clarifying. Almost every vehicle gets wind damage to the front end requiring a complete repaint? Interesting. Not something we see up here...just stone and bug chips to the bumper and front of the hood. Not usually resulting in repaints and color changes.

Blasphemy?
    No...just in poor taste ...and a way to ruin a good steak. But it’s your steak...unless you want to sell steaks pre-doused in ketchup...at which point, I would say in my best Robert Herjavec voice “I’m sorry, but I’m out”.

I think you take things too personally. You should be proud of whatever you’ve accomplished with this car. That said, I see lots of cars on Barrett Jackson go fo far less than what their owners have put in them. That’s the road you chose.

Apollo 11 and EastMemphis like this.