Gtc4 LussoT gearbox problem | FerrariChat

Gtc4 LussoT gearbox problem

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JamesNie, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JamesNie

JamesNie Rookie

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Nie
    I have a v8 gtc4 lussoT with only 2000km. I just started driving my car this morning. The speed was about 30 to 40 km/h. After go through a small pit, the gearbox suddenly jumped to gear 2. The rev speed soared to 7000 rpm. I released the throttle immediately.

After driving the car to the dealer, there is no faulty error in system, but the gearbox always stuck at an error when they try to do a "circle teach-in check"(I don't know what is it). It shows the "clutch pressure control volume failed" every time.

At last, the dealer can only let me leave the car there, so they can ask for the help from Italy side. They say that this may be a software error or a problem with the rev sensor.

I know that v12 gtc4 has a lot of gearbox problems, especially the front gearbox, but it seems to be different from this one. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

2. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    44,900 miles as of last night, V12 GTC, ZERO front or rear gearbox issues. BUT I've had both gearbox filters and fluids changed with annual service for peace of mind. It's my semi-daily driver , I don't beat on it , but I do drive agressively . I'm almost always in the 75-105mph range in NH/Boston area, unless there is more than 3" of snow on the ground. Then the Range Rover SVA gets used for the day. You might have a fluke issue. I did have an issue when it was in " auto " and in traffic it would lunge if in stop and go traffic for long periods of time, but a software update fixed that issue.

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Sorry to hear that.
    Really though, its probably just a glitch that will be quickly sorted out. Let the dealer do their job with the factory.
    Do insist though that they give you a suitably sexy Ferrari loan car whilst they look after yours.

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So weird, I will keep a lookout i have only put a 800km on mine so no info yet. Let us know.. as far I am concerned the T should be pretty close to bullet proof?!?

5. JamesNie

JamesNie Rookie

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Nie
    Today, they told me that gearbox is ok, they upgraded the software, then the check is passed without warning. That's maybe a good news!

BUT, they also changed the door locks which is a scheduled recall. After I drove it home, the car just can not be locked!!! So I can only drove it back to my dealer. And after waiting for 2 hours, their engineers told me they can't fix it and they don't know why, I can only leave my car there AGAIN, so they can dig further into this problem!!:oops::oops::oops:

6. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    i had my door locks and cables replaced months ago by the recall and all is fine, knock on wood

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive had a host of quirky things with my FF over the years that have kept it held up at the dealer for days and weeks. definitely on the annoying side but thats why we all own other cars. im going to jinx myself but over the past 18 months my FF has been well behaved with no quirks and ive crossed 31k miles!

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Glad about the gearbox.

On the other thing, well, welcome to Ferrari.
    I had the recall notice for the door locks about 6 months ago. I spoke to the dealer and they said they would contact me when the parts are in. A few weeks later and another important looking recall notice arrives from Maranello concerning a risk of fire. Same conversation with the dealer over the arrival of the necessary parts.
    Months later and i haven’t heard a thing.
    Last time I looked the locks still work fine and the car isn’t on fire.
    Small mercies, I will be pissed though if either thing (especially the fire :eek:) does happen so long after the notification and lack of the dealer contacting me to undertake the work.

Can’t stop loving the car though.