Airbag replacement | FerrariChat

Airbag replacement

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by gatorgreg, Aug 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I received a notice from Ferrari North America (6 months ago) about replacing my defective airbag. I called my dealer twice about the letter. The first time my dealer, Ferrari of Ft Lauderdale said during my annual service that my car does not need replacement. The second time the dealer service said, Ferrari has decided not to replace the airbags.

My car is 2014. What are other owners in this forum hearing. Are you replacing the airbags? Is the dealer giving you a hard time or what?
    Do I need to call Ferrari North America?
    Feedback would be helpful.

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The airbag in my 2010 was replaced last year under ‘Campaign 60’. It was a temporary (4-5 years) replacement until the permanent, non defective airbag systems were available which they are now under ‘Campaign 65’. My dealer says I’ll get notice for a replacement under ‘65’ in 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tomc likes this.
  3. Joey4420

Joey4420 Rookie

Apr 6, 2018
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Joey Shreve
    Unless I am mistaken if you car is listed in the recall for the airbag it needs to be done. Keep in mind the life span of the air bag is 10 years if I recall correctly, so every 10 years you are supposed to replace them anyways (this will be an out of pocket cost).

4. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Now they are saying it's not the airbag but the controller module for the airbag. I'm dropping mine off for it's annual soon and will inquire and check back here with my findings.