What would you pay ??? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What would you pay ???

Discussion in '360/430' started by BAD430BENZ, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    When comparing the sale price [difference] of a non-modified car with a modified car (all things equal), the cost of the modifications made to the modified car should be considered in the calculation to get to a net value, else it is not an "apples-to-apples" comparison.

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Honestly, the car is only worth what somebody s willing to pay.

To me..its a junk car. Sorry. The only value it has is the name. Set the price at 70k or best offer, because that's all its worth. Not too many people want the hassle of dealing with a modified Ferrari.

4. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    You guys are funny :D:D:D

You don't need a trained eye when me as the seller has posted multiple threads on my mods and one of them actually has to do with me changing the color . Hell , i even created a poll to see what others thought about the color . But just so everyone is on the same page about my car........

It has been painted with a color change to "Porsche Guards Red" which is the color i chose after the insurance adjuster came out to say that it had sand blasting wind damage on the front end , front bonnet , roof and fenders .

Try living in this desert town where , around March and April , we get wind speeds in excess of 60mph in town . Travel out to the outskirts , where i happen to work , and you get 70 - 80mph gusts

By the way , i would never put ketchup on a steak because that's just my taste but if someone did , i wouldn't think negatively about them .

I keep seeing the same comment about not getting what i have put into it . I am well aware of that but i am not selling it for $50k - $55k . I had my '09 C63 AMG back in the day that was valued at $45k . I had about $50k in it with all the engine , transmission and body mods and still sold it for $52.5k . Did i get my money back out of it....no way . Did i get more than market value because it had a lot done to it and the buyer wanted it....yes !

A junk car :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Set the price at 70k ??? At least you can see some potential .

I'm actually sitting at my desk laughing because all you members say i take things too personal and that nobody has said anything negative.....yet this thread alone has 2 members that i would consider veterans , since they have been here since '02 and have 10k+ posts , betting that my car doesn't even sell for $60k and the other calling it junk .

I thought i could come onto this forum and possibly add a little something different to the atmosphere by always posting my mods , whether large or small , so people can have ideas if they share the same concepts but i have grown to see this instead........
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

You guys should have listened to your mothers when they said "if you don't have anything nice to say , don't say it"

5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    $120k easily:D GLWS

6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Unfortunately this isn't a very good comparison...because the Supra is associated with the tuner community and culture...with the 1st F&F movie, it pretty much defined THE tuner modified scene thereafter. So the tuner buyers, the guys who buy supra's LIKE to modify their cars...its the norm.

But for the Ferrari community and buyers, modified Ferraris have never been part of the culture....yet. Start a trend! :)

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Im also going to say ~$50k

8. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I would have a small fortune if i could get back what i put into every car i own...because i modify all of them .

There are ton of people that modify their Ferrari's...and i'm not talking about some wheels . Watch DDE on YouTube and look how many places they hit where the flocks come out with their modified Ferrari's....wheels , lowered , air ride , wide body , turbo , etc.

I understand it's not the norm around here but you would be surprised how many on this actual forum have done some serious work to their cars . There are at least 2 members on here that have spent probably triple or quadruple what i have on mine . So because they converted from an OEM 360 to a Challenge doesn't mean they didn't modify their cars . I completely respect what they have done and love the look of their modified masterpieces .

If you run the VIN on a vehicle and it doesn't come back to what you are looking at or buying , it has been modified...plain and simple !

Here's an example of a car that sold , of course spider , same year with similar miles

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Ferrari-360-spider/173943778569?hash=item287fdb6d09:g:gdAAAOSwn3RdBAPI&vxp=mtr

I think everyone needs to understand that i am not looking to get what i have in it but i will definitely find a buyer that is willing to spend a little more than OEM pricing . I do appreciate all the feedback but i am not looking for a buyer from the purist masses .

9. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Sounds like you know more about these things than us, and expected the responses that you got, so not sure what the point of this thread was.

KC360 FL, jferrante, Robb and 2 others like this.
  10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm 360 Canuck and RANDY6005 like this.
  11. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    He is going to argue no matter what you say as it is the norm for all of his posts.

kes7u, BAD430BENZ and RANDY6005 like this.
  12. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

No offense, but I don't want anything in common with daily driven Exotics, do you? Look at those guys...seriously?

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  13. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I probably know 1/10 of what most people on this forum knows about Ferrari but i do know one thing...I will not be selling for $50k or $55k like most of you claim is all i can get .

Since i have some of the least amount of experience with the brand , why not prove me wrong . How about proving me wrong , like ttforcefed said , and bet me that i get more than 90% of the forum members here think i will get for my car . Looks like the average amount i can get for my car is $55k , according to the masses . How about a little wager that says i get at least 18% higher than the $55k price tag ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

You know the seller ??? How do you know it's in great condition ? Whoever buys mine is getting a car with a new rear main seal , brand new clutch and the 30k maintenance done . All this was completed and shipped directly to me . It got taken out of the trailer and driven right into my garage and hasn't been driven since . How many cars out there have exactly 1 mile on them with a brand new clutch and 30k service done ? How much am i saving the new owner ? The turbo kit is no extra maintenance because i have had it now for years and the car only requires the usual oil change and plugs once a year . I would also be willing to bet that my car requires less maintenance than most of your cars....and probably some of your daily drivers .

their words...not mine..........."Car has a lot of upgrades from exhaust to a lot of carbon fiber
    • Upgraded dual Gruppe-M Carbon fiber intakes air boxes ($5K!)
    • Great looking carbon fiber rear diffusor
    • Upgraded, hand built and polished 20” Multi-spoke Alloys with Pirelli P-Zero High-speed Z-rated Radials
    • Hand built polished stainless full headers back Capristo exhaust system (unreal sound and $8K!)

Looks like it has been lowered also.... so not exactly an OEM spec car .

All these things are modifications done to the car to enhance the look or performance of the vehicle . Again , VIN search will not show the carbon , lowering , exhaust or "polished" wheels.....which i have to say they look black to me .

14. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    It’s not the question, it’s the target audience. Here at Ferrari chat, you asked the wrong crowd.
    We generally prefer stock and upgraded Fcars and not modded.

When you ask what would you pay to us, we put a very low value because of the cost associated with making the car like we would want it again. That doesn’t mean there is an someone out there with the same vision that you had to have a modded and distinct Ferrari.

I would be surprised if anyone here is interested in actually wagering you on what you sell the car for. It’s just a question of taste. There is no right or wrong.

My wife will never want a white car. if you try to sell her a white car she will lowball you even though there are people who love white cars- that’s who should buy a white car.

Obviously there is value in what you have - the question is finding the right crowd. I respectfully disagree that it’s smart money versus dumb money and I agree that we’ll modded performance cars will sell in the right target audience for more money than high mileage unmolested cars.

I hope you get 100,000 for it! Please let us know

I'm 360 Canuck and Robb like this.
  15. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    We wish you luck with your car whether you sell or hold. It will appeal to a few of a lot based on what you already read and choose to modify. Lot of long term enthusiasts here. But this thread really should not have lasted more than about 4-5 responses.

We don’t really need the drama and challenges to the stated opinions that you requested. You are getting good input. Do we really need to go back and forth arguing about assisting you? So pick a direction and go make it happen.

Robb

JoeTSI and BAD430BENZ like this.
  16. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    How reliable are the turbos for you? This is what I would be afraid of. Fail on me as I haven't done any research on engine mods for the 360. The cost of the standard 360 for maintenance scares people already, you throw in an aftermarket force induction on the engine, you going to step into some unknown area. Huge turn on for engine mods but I need to know they are reliable, can easily be worked on, to fix, or otherwise revert back to stock in a day. Took a lot of research before I started modding my old S55k.

After the M113k platform on AMGs, I mostly left it stock from the 6.2 NA onward to the M177 of today. With that said, I definitely would spend a little more money on a modded car vs a stock if everything is documented, done correctly, and in working order. You already eat the cost of buying retail and install, so more savings to me. I'm more of a cosmetics and electronics guy in terms of modding. That way, if my car dies or drives slower (limp mode, F1 problems), I know its the car's fault and not mine :)

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  17. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Ask a bunch of Harley guys if they would want your BMW bike. You can talk all day about it’s engineering and attributes but they still would not want it nor see the value in it.

That’s what is going on here. The crowd you asked for an opinion is generally not the crowd that would want a car like yours, nor will they give you the opinion you want to hear.

You have simply asked the wrong people, and typical ferrari owners that visit this site would not be your target audience.

You had to know going in that this would be an extremely narrow niche sale.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

BAD430BENZ and Robb like this.
  18. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Apollo 11, JoeTSI and Robb like this.
  19. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    My mother-in-law had a house with brown 1970's paneling. She loved the heck out of the way it looked. When she moved out, she refused to let anyone change the house and put it on the market as is. Nobody even made an offer in two years. I took four weeks out of my life, removed all the paneling and turned it back into a stock house. Sold it in two weeks for asking price, which was $60k above what it had been listed for the previous two years.

Would we have eventually found that one, unique buyer who loved brown wood grain paneling as much as the MIL? Maybe. I do know for certain that opening the house up to the broader market allowed it to sell quickly for more money than a house that appealed to virtually nobody.

Niche products sell slowly. If you truly want to sell the car, I suggest putting it back as best you can to stock, sell your mod parts on eBay and move on, or better yet, keep the car and drive it like you stole it.

20. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Well posts 1 through 8 and then 64 through 69 are how it should have been the whole time :D

Robb likes this.
  21. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Dude, no need for the chip on your shoulder...it’s not you against F-chat.
    I’m sure most of us hope you have a quick and profitable sale, if that’s where your heart is now.
    It just likely won’t come from here.
    Listen, my car has an ugly color combo and an accident in its history. I know it would never sell here. I’m ok with that. I prob won’t even list it here if the time comes, But I wouldn’t troll here for pricing feedback knowing that it likely isn’t what buyers here look for and then get irritated. It is what it is.

I’ll tell you though, if I do sell, I’ll be taking off all the nonstock parts ie CF and wheels, and reverting to nearly stock (just the Tubi) and selling the parts separately.

IMO, we all over value our cars, like they’re magic beans.

Seriously, good luck with your sale! Please let us know how it goes!

22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anything that has been extensively modified with turbos, stand alone engine management, custom plumbing, one off items designed only for that car, automatically injects the maintenance nightmare thoughts to any buyer.

Also, when a car has been modded, the buyer will automatically assume the car has been abused, and will inharite all kinds of issues and the possiblity said issues are the reason the person is selling the car..

Add into the mix it being exotic car, the potential for big money repairs only multiples..

23. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    What kind of response is this? It’s ok to have your opinion but to objectively bash someone’s car is something else. I’m surprised at some of the classless post of F-Chat Members, only makes me turned off to the community.

I hope you don’t talk like that to other people in real life.

I hope moderates provide some warnings to some of these folks

Cotton likes this.
  24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm a mudderator - The feller you quoted knows of what he speaks. His hands-on experience, observations, opinions & advice are words worth heeding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Maybe on everything but life skills. I’m sure he has junk Ferrari’s too, I’ll make sure I point that out.