Upgrade FF or Lusso | FerrariChat

Upgrade FF or Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ScottS, Aug 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thinking about upgrading from my 2012 FF with 25 k miles. No specific issues but considering a 2016 (or 2015) FF vs a Lusso or Lusso T. Drove the Lusso back to back with the T.

Thing is I live the spark and sound of the FF and the more raw nature of the V12 in that platform.

Lusso is arguably better looking (lower, more streamlined ) and clearly more refined. The T is awesome- no drone of the 12 and awd on long trips - just as quick but didn’t feel as torquey. I certainly could “live”with four less cylinders. Same engine as my 488. Price is more accessible but depreciation will be steeper.

Assume that money is not no object. For this car I would be somewhat value driven. My head says get a later FF with less miles and live with it until the Lusso v12 come down. Probably 1-2 years as a best guess. Similar to the trajectory of other v12s. With Purosange and maybe other 2+2 s coming the Lusso will surely come down to low 200s/high 190s.

I also have a F8 on order but who knows when.

Would love to know about others experience with multiple FF owners who went on to Lussos. I know there are several who’ve commented. I do not wish to incite a FF vs Lusso vs T debate. I’ve driven all and have some idea.

Oh yeah, I’m in Florida and except for this
    Weekend / next week, I don’t really need all wheel
    Drive. But I understand others value 4wd>>> rear wheel drive in general for winter and the value that is derived from that demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Wait for the FUV.

100k loss from FF to Lusso is not worth it. I have test driven Lusso for a whole week while the FF was in the shop. I will use that 100k to buy a M5 competition.

3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    FWIW: When I ordered my FF, I did have the chance to get a Lusso V12, however I ended up with my 2016 FF - and from this point of view I say FF all the way!

That said, the only reason I could think of for a change to a GTC4 Lusso V12 is the adaptive cruise control, and the fact that I would get a new car that Autoropa has not destroyed (yet, they seem to like to destroy the paint on my FF, every visit is a 75% chance of getting my car back with paint problems and then another couple of months with waiting for some paint repair work). Nothing I need so to say (and for sure I will not spend more money on a new Ferrari with so much problems with the importer and service at Autoropa, not my style of business throwing more money on someone that does not respect my Ferrari).

Actualizer likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Since you have the turbo engine in the 488, I don't think it makes sense to repeat in the Lusso T. Also if you like the relative rawness of the FF vs the Lusso, it doesn't make much sense to switch. You could upgrade your audio system if that is what's behind the desire. Or just get an extended warranty if piece of mind is required. FYI there is no drone in my Lusso V12. Do you need the extra seats? Maybe get an F12b?

IloveGT and Bundy like this.
  5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Sorry my reply did not go through.

I have a F12 b. Need the FF/Lusso for daily and kid stuff.

Good advice on waiting - even though I’m not an SUV guy although it will be different, the price pressure on the lusso will have an effect downstream.

I’ve decided to look for a 15/16 FF.

I drove my F12 to Disney yesterday with one son. I disagree. When cruising at constant rpm there is definitely a drone.

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Chawla likes this.
  6. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    I was in your position for two months deciding between FF and Lusso T, as I have 812 v12 coming i finally opt for Lusso T as in Thailand we dont need AWD,i had the car for a month and its the right decision as daily because you take your kids and the noise is just right ,plus you would have a versatile car that sometimes dont need that much sound,also the Lusso T drives much more agile than FF and the handling is a dream,one more thing i feel 46 54 weight is a big deal ,the car goes like mid engine with minimum body roll which i love so much feels like everything is oneness

Let us know what you decide finally, all the best

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thanks. I’m a Little apprehensive about the T as the deals are good but the later hit will be big.

8. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

FF V12 is an iconic vehicle. Crude, hardcore, proper Ferrari from a soon to die breed. Keep it and you’ll love it more with time. There is no rationale for a switch to a Lusso IMHO.
    Best !

9. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    $100K loss IS worth it. I've had two FFs, daily drivers all year and took delivery of a V12 Lusso in June. What an amazing car!!

FerrariTexas and ScottS like this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Hoping you’d say something rick as I’m following your experience.

Undecided right now but I have an offer on a Lusso if accepted would be too good to pass up.
    That said I love the raw FF dual nature of it. Fits four but is closer to my fathers Ferraris than the Lusso. Regardless of whether it’s next, there a Lusso in my future.

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I've owned two FF's and they are wonderful. Traded my 2016 FF for a GTC4Lusso. The stereo in the Lusso leaves a bit to be desired having defaults that don't make sense, the rest of the Lusso is amazing even compared to the FF which is amazing. I traded my last FF with 42,000 miles on it, daily driving all year in NW Ohio along with a California T as a daily driver too. Do NOT get a V8 GTC4Lusso! The V12 sound is worth millions. And if you buy a FF, I just advertised a set of FF wheels with SottoZero's in the For Sale section.

Bundy likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You might want to look into adding the Capristo X pipe. It really smooths out the sound and decrease the drone.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how do you compare your experience daily driving the cali vs the FF? if you had to choose one?

14. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    i just purchased an 14 FF. i had the opportunity to drive the lusso T as the price point is becoming attractive. I completely agree with sound V!2 feel and sound is worth it!!

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the cali and calit bored me to death. FF makes me smile 32k miles and 7 years later.

ScottS and dustman like this.
  16. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Glad to hear that!!

17. Decide

Decide Rookie

Sep 23, 2019
    Sweden
    Hej Bamse, vad skönt att hitta en svensk här!

Bumping this thread as I am in similar yet different situation as OP. No Ferrari just yet, looking into either a late model FF (preferably with the glass roof) or a slightly used GTC4, from the same dealer that Bamse mentioned- Autoropa. I actually just signed up right now since I noticed Bamsefar has experience with both FF's, the dealer and living with one in the same country.

Seems like nicely equipped FF's (with the glass roof) are advertised around 130-140k Euros, while a slightly used GTC4 around 210k Euro.
    Since I don't have a car to trade in and coming to this deal "in cash" should allow more negotiation room. On top of the longer garanti and service period, it might make the GTC4 a little more attractive than in an FF to GTC4 trade situation.
    But I still am not 100% sure if it's worth the price gap.

@Bamsefar , how do you experience the FF in Sweden? Do you all-year it?
    I tried pinging you in PM but seems like I do not have proper permissions for it. Would be great you could send a PM so I can harass you a little about Autoropa :)

Tack på förhand!

18. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Hej Decide,

And welcome :) I have sent you an PM - I think it is something like 5 posts before you can actually create an PM?

The question about FF or Lusso, well I think that comes down to different things like engine noise, comfort, upgraded GUI on the nav, and well something like that. And of course if you prefer design of FF (Pinifarina) or Lusso (Ferrari Design House I think it's called).

Decide likes this.