Silly Season 2020 F1 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Silly Season 2020 F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Aha... where does Mercedes let them race more than Ferrari???
    And yes, it is about the LH44 fans... look the two guys who liked your post: they were never tired of telling us that Lewis had to fight the best unlike Schumacher, Vettel..... one of them ever told us that Lewis said he wants to race with Max in the same car and that he actually believed that. And then look at the reality: Bottas is NOT allowed to race Lewis, he is constantly driving however those giving him the annual contract want!
    Ferrari said in the beginning of the year that Seb is No.1 and Leclerc has to mature before getting into this position. Now Leclerc and Vettel are about even on track and Ferrari made some wrong decisions for both of them (letting them behind the other for too long...). Mercedes never thinks about Bottas but ONLY about Lewis.
    For some reasons Ferrari was critizised doing so for years and when Mercedes does it all of the sudden it is "great drivers management".... hilarious

2. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Seems like placeholders for 2020 where the real action/movement will be in 2021. Max will get his pick of top race seat at Merc, Ferrari, Red Bull or whomever then the rest will move around. If Vettel or Hamilton retire then its Game On big time.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I feel this is the case. We set the stage for next season now. It is not about Bottas lol

4. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    VPX, ypsilon, Isobel and 1 other person like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

There is much speculation about Hamilton retiring in 2021 I don't think he will.

375+ likes this.
  6. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    VPX and william like this.
  7. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    May growl or whimper softly, however. :oops:

8. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I don’t think he will either , not until he breaks MS’s overall win record and the MB being as good as it is , he has a very good shot . I think if the performance of his car goes down the tube, he will retire , I don’t see him going to another team at this stage of his career

william and TurboFreak650 like this.
  9. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    It sure hasn't been anyone at Ferrari for a long time...

SimCity3 likes this.
  10. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Well Audi dominated Le Mans for about 13 years. For the good of F1, I would hope someone intervenes before that happens with Merc.

The Porsche 917 was essentially banned from Le Mans by eliminating its class and the 917/30 run out of Can-Am after conquering the entire sport without mercy....

Bas likes this.
  11. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Unless Mercedes lose their advantage

kandi likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's a short sighted view, and it's certainly not improving racing, to ban cars because they are successful.
    It's just like reducing everything to the lowest common denominator.
    Instead of the organisers banning success, other participants should be encouraged to catch up and become successful themselves.
    That's what competition is all about, IMO.

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    at some point Hulk needs to stop blaming the teams and start taking accountability. I really like him as a Driver and wish him all the best but there are times like the German GP 2019 where he dropped the ball well in his hands. You can talk about not having the proper car but there are more than I can count on two hands in the last 10 years who got a podium on the off day that they had the opportunity. Maldonado, Stroll, Vettel's Toro Rosso win, etc.

VPX and william like this.
  14. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Hulk is way better than his racing record lol . It is fascinating that a driver of his calibre, I would say solid mid fielder , has never been on a podium after I think 120+ races . He sure is unlucky but has also made terrible career decisions throughout the years . My guess is that poor judgement carries through all areas and aspects of his racing , thus piss poor results .

william likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I guess his value on the drivers market is quite low now.

16. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    As I said , I think he is solid mid fielder , has enough experience to help with setup and is not that error prone , that will have some value . But is getting old , time for new blood . Would take him over Grosjean and a few others anytime

william likes this.
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Hulk and his lack of results is 'old news". Haas in no way 'need' Hülkenberg. I would not take him into my team.

18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Haas' strategy of having drivers who don't produce results puzzles me. Sauber was known for finding great young talent that would driver their cars beyond the car's ability. Yes the drivers got picked off my bigger teams, but while there were with Sauber they took a midfield car and made it shine. And that made people respect Sauber as a team. I can't figure out why Haas is even in F1.

Bas and VPX like this.
  19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    G. Pepper likes this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Gene Haas explained it when he came to F1: he was looking for worldwide exposure to advertise his automated machine tool business.
    Research did show him that only F1 would provide that.
    Haas said he was ready to spend $1B over a 10 year period for the advertising campaign [his words]

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006