Kline Innovation Exhaust for 458 Italia - why not more popular? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kline Innovation Exhaust for 458 Italia - why not more popular?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Agostinho, Aug 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Is that exhaust only in that video? Can really tell the diff w headers/race cats - much throatier, more of a shriek than a scream, much more backfires/sounds of destruction/etc. Exhaust only, though it gets better when you add on the other parts, sounds great!

2. jjp11

jjp11 Karting

Sep 1, 2013
    I have the stainless steel exhaust. Headers, 200cell cats, mufflers. Sounds amazing. My installers said the fit was solid too.. Best 458 exhaust they've ever heard. When I was pricing exhausts, this one came in at half the cost of pretty much everything else. Pretty crazy for a non-Chinese knockoff brand. I had to pull the trigger. I'm not sure it's possible to justify the much higher cost of other exhausts. There probably isn't much, if any build quality difference to justify double the price for a different name brand. I researched beforehand and found Kline had a pretty solid reputation among German tuning companies. Just haven't made inroads with the Italian manufacturers much yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Thanks for the video. It sounds great! It sounds as good as the best I've heard. A few questions:

1. Do you have headers?
    2. Do you have cats?
    3. I'm assuming the video is with valves open, correct?

4. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Sounds fantastic.

From the video description: "I opted for a catless system with a Capristo valve controller."

Any CEL or did you do a tune?

5. twcferrari

twcferrari Rookie

Feb 22, 2005
    California
    I didn't do the headers because I wanted to first hear how radical the system would be with catless, valves and mufflers. It's plenty loud right now and I have a pretty high tolerance for high horsepower muscle cars. I think there's a balance between class and being obnoxious. In the video, the valves are pinned open. The Capristo system allows you to pin the valves open or "off" which means it will operate like OEM (closed but opens at about 3200 rpms).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. twcferrari

twcferrari Rookie

Feb 22, 2005
    California
    I had the shop send out and flash my ECU's so there's no CEL. Runs perfectly, improved throttle response and never had a warning light come on.

7. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Same here with lots of experience with American muscle, and adding headers myself, etc. My plan is to do everything at once (headers, valvetronic exhaust, and test pipe/decat). I went back and forth on the headers, but I'm thinking I might as well do everything at once at be done (with exhaust).

The Kline system seems like the best choice for me, considering I want it quite(r) when I want with valves closed, and loud when I want it with valves open. I already have the Capristo remote valve control on my stock exhaust and love it. Considering the great F-1 sound, price, quality, and features, I just can't find anything that beats Kline.

twcferrari likes this.
  8. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I have an Akrapovic slip-on system on my 458. It is the best-sounding aftermarket system I have ever owned, and I have owned Capristo, Tubi, Ruf, Cargraphic, Borla and many others in the past for different cars. It saves a lot of weight too and looks great with the carbon tips.

9. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

The Akrapovic sounds good, but less F-1/high-pitch to me than either the IPE, Novitec or Kline.

twcferrari likes this.
  10. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Agree w you. Go big or go home :)

ShineKen likes this.
  11. twcferrari

twcferrari Rookie

Feb 22, 2005
    California
    https://www.kline-innovation.com/exhaust-collection/ferrari/458-3/ferrari-458-exhaust/

Go to their website. On the left, click on the 3 lines for a drop down menu: "Exhaust Collection", "Ferrari," "458". This will bring you to the 458 products or click the link I just provided you above.

12. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I bought from James at Vivid Racing. Great to work with and good prices.

13. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Different design (merged, non-merged, length, diameter, collectors, etc.), materials and material thickness for headers and cat backs will certainly make a significant difference in volume and tone.

14. Netpark

Netpark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2012
    That's a definite yes. I've changed from Fabspeed to Dundon to now finally Cargraphic with stock exhaust on my GT4. Fabspeed sounds somewhat similar to Cargraphic. Dundon sounded totally different. Fabspeed had terrible build quality and gave me a CEL 7 different times. I had to eat the cost and try the others. Dundon customer service is great but I settled on the Cargraphic because it was my sound preference.