Lime Rock Historic Weekend concours | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Historic Weekend concours

Discussion in 'New England' started by audi_328, Sep 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    #1 audi_328, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019

Attached Files:

Jasonberkeley, Anthony James and BJK like this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was there Saturday for the races.

boxerman and 19633500GT like this.
  3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting how the big bucks cars are parading at the back of the pack, while the less expensive iron is really racing. Even then the expensive Alfa’s like the tz2 and sz we’re running hard.

Maybe it’s just that Ferrari’s these days are long past the pint of being driven in anger, at least on this side of the pond.

I’ve noticed that the racing at the historics has improved and attracted a large grass roots contingent. Maybe it’s better with sub 250k cars

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Did anybody else see/notice Tom Cotter, host of Hagerty 'Barn Find Hunter' YouTube videos. I think he was there with a Cobra. If your a car guy, the video's are well worth watching.

5. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Thanks for sharing. I have it on my calendar, only to have it remind me on MONDAY! I will try again next year.

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I guess it's just because they are so valuable now. David Hobbs spoke to us at lunch in the hospitality tent. He joked that some of the race cars he drove he could have bought for next to nothing. Then he started to mention some of the cars and their current prices which ranged from 10 to 20 million.

7. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    I've been a fan of his since "The Cobra in the Barn" book series started, and yes he had a nice, apparently well-driven 289 Cobra there. I did see him near his car with his wife and some other folks, kinda wanted to say hello, but didn't want to interrupt their conversation.

The barn find videos are fun to watch for sure.

Some people do drive them hard, but like at the MM, the expensive stuff does appear to be mostly on parade. Speaking of bought for next to nothing, the McNeil series I GTO that was there has been owned by the same couple since 1967 - haven't seen it in action, but it sure doesn't look like it sits around - I wonder if their low entry price makes them more liable to run it that much harder? Not that it's all about the dollar signs, but as it's also considered the most original GTO on the planet, that has to make it one of the most valuable in an arena where everything has been restored to death. Great to see it with patina.

BJK likes this.
  8. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I went for all days (live just a few miles from the track). Some great cars on Sunday for sure!

9. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    19633500GT likes this.
  10. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    How/where is this publicized?
    Is it invitation only?
    Would love to attend...

11. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  13. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Thanks to you both.

Used to go to IMSA races up there, did Skip Barber also. Beach house keeps me busy summers but this is after Labor Day so...