304 MPH!!! | FerrariChat

304 MPH!!!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by steved033, Sep 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  2. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I look forward to seeing the Final version!

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Couple thoughts:

1. Amazing
    2. The car isn't anywhere near stock
    3. I'm sure we'll see these changes in the Super Sport version. Perhaps there will be a Super Sport Track with active aero and a Super Sport Speed with this LT configuration.
    4. It looks better than the stock car and the paint scheme is menacing.
    5. Andy has some stones on him.

Jonathan19 and AtSomePoint like this.
  4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    bugatti are the kings, as always

Jonathan19 likes this.
  5. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Amazing achievement, but does it technically count with no passenger seat and non production suspension and bodywork. Not to mention the lack of a 2 way run. Not sure how I feel about it. What do you guys think. I thought 'official' speed records had to be in production spec and a median time of 2 runs??

BJK likes this.
  6. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    :eek:

I'm sure Koenigsegg will break this record soon.

Btw, RIP Hennessey, :D but I kinda feel bad for SSC Tuatara. :(

alan and BJK like this.
  7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I want to know how the driver was able to get seated in the car with balls that big!!! :)

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Okay kids, remember not to exceed 300 mph. :p

What a time to be alive! :)

MalcQV likes this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ok... but what's the fuel economy? :)

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  12. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Why oh why do all these reviewers/producers think I want to listen to their STOOPID background music choices? Just give me the fookin' car audio!!!!! Inside/outside/blasting past......skip your cruddy stock music track (the same one that I've been hearing since the late '90's!)
    /rant (till the next one.......)

Bas and MalcQV like this.
  13. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, the record is a slap in the face of such "hypercars" like Koenigsegg and Pagani! I pretty sure that Koenigsegg can not beat that record. Why? They simply have not the engineering sources and have not the $$$s!
    Congrats to Bugatti!

14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    From 2013:

Run the 1,000 hp Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport at top speed and it will empty its 26.4-gallon fuel tank in 12 minutes. The Vitesse, with its extra 200 hp, will do it in 10.3, which is lucky actually because Michelin won’t guarantee the tires to run above 250 mph for more than 15 minutes.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2013-bugatti-veyron-16-4-grand-sport-vitesse/

so......

worse.

sjd

G. Pepper likes this.
  15. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I don't think this was done with the intent of breaking any official records. Winkelmann seems confident this was done just to so Bugatti could the be the first manufacturer to break the 300 barrier, and that's it. It's bragging rights and likely, a marketing ploy that will be used to move a limited edition Chiron to commemorate this accomplishment. He said now that they've done it and reaffirmed that Bugatti builds the fastest production cars, they will focus on other cars as they have nowhere else to go in the speed record world.

Christian more than likely will break past this and sell the same car to his clients in the Jesko, but ultimately as a manufacturer, Bugatti got to 300 first.

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm not a huge fan of the Veyron/Chiron styling given the stubby short look, but this one looks awesome as a longtail and basically all black. Very sinister.

17. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I would like to say a couple of things. Firstly, congrats to Bugatti for braking the record, it's an amazing car company and the achievement is great BUT i have also some thoughts to express. The specific Chriron has 1.578bhp and it's 25cm longer, it's stripped of a passenger seat. Any number of visible and invisible weight-saving measures have been deployed, laser-controlled ride height set significantly lower to reduce drag. The rear wing and airbrake have been removed and replaced with a static unit recessed into the tail to reduce drag. Shotgun tail-pipes to project the exhaust emissions as far from the rear as possible to reduce their effect on drag and aero. On the other hand, Koenigsegg did that with a street legal car with only one extra on it, the rollcage for safety reasons and did the 2 way pass too!

IMHO there is something more behind Bugatti's ''done with braking records''.

18. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #18 BJK, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Bugatti did it first, PERIOD. Others will follow, probably faster, but really, WHO CARES!!! It's like a useless party trick, or 'mines bigger than yours'. There's only a few places in the world where this can even be attempted.
    It's done, now can we move on to something more 'practical'. I think top speed in 1 mile (like Texas Mile) is much more practical, relatable and repeatable and less 'death defying'. (and no need to x-ray tires).
    AND/or say 0-200-0. (or 186 mph/300 kph) Again, practical and relatable.

tritone and j09333 like this.
  19. Atombender

Atombender Karting

Apr 6, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It's a prototype record (also note that they didn't bother with a run in the opposite direction to make it an official speed record) but Bugatti has already announced a Chiron 304 MPH Edition which will be limited to 30 units. So 25 more than the 5 Veyron WRE. How fast those cars actually are, remains to be seen. The "standard" Chiron is limited to 420 km/h, would probably reach around 450 km/h if it wasn't governed.

The 391 km/h McLaren F1 (same pilot btw) wasn't stock either, although it did not have an engine upgrade.

20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #20 BJK, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    Scuderia CC and G. Pepper like this.
  21. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    "It's just a car...."

22. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I bet they got terrible gas mileage.

:)
    BT

Boomhauer likes this.
  23. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    london is full of these car spotters :)

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    First or last is irrelevant to me....what impresses me far more is just how stable the Bugatti is at that speed. The fight that air puts up at that speed is insane. An A380 takes of 130mph before that, and that's not exactly small or light.

I've seen videos of the koenigseggs going ****ing rapid, 280mph or whatever...but they're all over the shop. I've done a lot of stupid things in cars but maxing a koenigsegg? Forget it. Even on Ehra liesen I wouldn't do it. My luck a bit too much air goes underneath and I'm headbutting a tree at 250+. No thanks. A bugatti however? Yeah I'd be happy to push that...that video of the normal Chiron maxing it on the Autobahn...it just does it effortless!