458 Bluetooth won't pair with phone | FerrariChat

458 Bluetooth won't pair with phone

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by horsmanp, Nov 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    #1 horsmanp, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just got my 458 and can't get Bluetooth to pair. Go to phone menu and it says pair new phone but its in yellow and won't let u select it. I move the control nob down I rotate the control nob hold it depressed nothing will let me select it. Have tried in park and not in park.

What is the trick here?

The pic below is the screen I see. It will not let me select pair new phone.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. fastmover

fastmover Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2009
    NA
    Does it persist if you turn the car off and then turn it on again?

3. 2k7997tt

2k7997tt Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    John M.
    Is it frozen?

Ask dealer if it is safe to disconnect the battery and then reconnect? This may reset the computer.

4. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    #4 Entropy, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    a few "usual" tricks (BTW - disconnecting battery will likely not help)

Power down the Infotainment system (hold left-most button until it's powered off. Turn car off. Turn back on to Position 2 but do not START engine.

Clear any/all old Bluetooth pairings in the car

Clear all bluetooth pairings on the phone. (BTW - make sure all phone software updates are there if you can do that).

Try again. Get the car into Pairing mode first, then make your phone discoverable.

Helpful hints - make sure your phone is not accidentally paired a another car nearby; so far all of our cars have had the Bluetooth ID "Ferrari" (whereas BMW uses a specific ID to your car), so if you pair to multiple cars, can create issues. Also make sure nothing else is paired to the car even accidentally.

I will be taking mine out shortly, I'll scroll through and double check. I do not believe there is a reset option on the menu. My car would not enable pairing while engine was running (safety?). Same with FF.

hope this helps

Ash Patel likes this.
  5. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Good info. Try shutting off your phone and turning it back on.

6. MM3.9GT3

MM3.9GT3 Karting

Some 2013 models have this issue. The dealer has to contact the factory and get a software fix.

7. fastmover

fastmover Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2009
    NA
    If it's not working yet take it back to the dealer and get them to do it for you.

8. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    Called dealer they tried to walk me through it and then said something is wrong.

9. javaruke

javaruke Rookie

Sep 14, 2012
    Colorado
    I had the same problem with my recently delivered 458. I felt silly for not being able to get it to work.

The solution was that the dealer had not "unlocked" the Bluetooth function - dealer prep issue. It is shipped in this mode to avoid issues/tampering while in transit.

It took them about 15 minutes to get it corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. SCHUMS2000

SCHUMS2000 Rookie

Apr 25, 2017
    Anybody found the solution? I have the same problem with the bluetooth in my 458. Impossible to use the pairing

11. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not sure if this is any help but I recently had the same issue in one of my other cars, all off the sudden the car could not find my iphone and I could not pair it. Then after I upgraded the iphone iOS software (there was an upgrade pending on the phone) it all worked as before again.

So if you have an iphone maybe try to upgrade to the latest iOS and then see if the car finds your phone?

12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Or try a Samsung, just as test …

Ash Patel likes this.
  13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Any news ?

14. SCHUMS2000

SCHUMS2000 Rookie

Apr 25, 2017
    Still the issue...still in yellow. My dealer will check the car in mid july

15. SCHUMS2000

SCHUMS2000 Rookie

Apr 25, 2017
    Too bad horsmanp don t answer. He may have the solution...

16. jumbolino

jumbolino Rookie

Sep 18, 2005
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Hans Juergen Grosser
    NO IT DOES NOT HELP

Ash Patel likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Jeez, no need to shout.

:)

18. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    The battery died on my 458 once, completely out of juice. I put a new battery in and I lost bluetooth function forever. Tried powering down, clearing out all old phones, upgrading software etc. and it doesnt help. Brought it down the dealer to have them look at it while doing the airbag recall. They charge me $800 for looking to it and they found there's no signal from bluetooth module in the radio, even though everything else works (navi, ipod, radio etc.). They say I need a 25k radio, or am probably better off getting some aftermarket stuff done. They referred me to a radio guy who can take the radio out and patch in some bluetooth functions etc. but I never got to it coz of the hassle

19. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Same, anyone find how to fix the Bluetooth module without repacking the whole unit?

20. Rohin07

Rohin07 Rookie

Mar 9, 2018
    Kolkata, India
    Full Name:
    Rohin Raj Sureka
    Hi Guys

Have been facing this same exact issue with my 2012 458 Spider lately.
    Incase anyone has managed to solve it. Would request to please share.

21. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    need to rebuild radio. have to take the unit out and ship it to a decker radio guy for rebuild. Came back working like new. About $900 excluding shipping etc.