430 Scuds that don’t sell for years | Page 14 | FerrariChat

430 Scuds that don’t sell for years

Discussion in '360/430' started by OneFastM3, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    dont worry you`ll find a better one for 180k

turboixxi likes this.
  2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    This guy...

well, I guess if any of us are to make any sense of this guy's pessimism and Scuderia09's over-optimistism, we just need to calculate the delta between their estimates and split it down the middle to determine a real-world scud price lololol.

f355spider likes this.
  3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    201K + commission for a non-red/premium color 2009 and @9k miles (well over 5k which is usually a price barrier reference point) and not to mention the notable dings, hazing headlamps, hazing carbon etc:
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-ferrari-430-scuderia-2/

For the newbies, prices have held steady within this range for over a decade...

Sparty21 likes this.
  4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Grigio Silverstone shouldn't be a problem and looks great, but the medium seats will likely be a barrier to finding a car. I suspect 90% were manufactured with large seats, based on my searches a few years ago. To find a Grigio Silverstone with medium seats...needle in a haystack.

turboixxi likes this.
  5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #330 LightGuy, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    IMO that dark grey car with the red accents and red interior and low miles was the best value on the market. Stunning and sophisticated not screaming for attention.
    Dealer wanted 199k IIRC before the auction.
    9k miles is below average.

Did that car have the hazing ?
    Looked minty in the photos.

turboixxi likes this.
  6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Get the fat boy seats ( me ) and put in some comfy cushions. ;)
    Or trade them, plus cash to you, for someone elses mediums.
    Buy the car not the seats or color.

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Not exactly.....I remember very vividly my first Scuderia drive in Dec 2012......the ask was $185k, but it only had 2,000 miles, like showroom new.

So while the price bracket is similar, the condition is not.

Sergio Tavares and turboixxi like this.
  8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Love your 993 Turbo.....would love to have one.

I tried to buy this car months ago, and if you believe in buying the seller........

turboixxi likes this.
  9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #334 freshmeat, Sep 4, 2019
    5k miles has been traditionally referenced as when the price drops a notch, then 10k another notch and anything more than 15k 2 notches down. 9k miles isn't below average, you still see a lot of CS' with under 9k miles and unfortunately, Ferrari remains the most mileage sensitive moniker, at least stateside. That could all change if folks drove their cars more, but that mentality doesn't seem to be shifting anytime soon.

Yes, the car pics show the hazing in the hatch cross-beams, yellowing of the airboxes and both carbon lights have spidering/hazing of the lenses.

And typically, non-red/premium colored specimens go for $10-15K less, so this example actually fetched the top band of the price range imho.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #335 freshmeat, Sep 4, 2019
    I don't buy it, and even if it were true it was definitely an outlier because even in the lowest point of the market, only black/silver/yellow and/or 08 examples with over 7k miles were selling in that lower band. I've logged countless ACTUAL SALES, not advertised pricing from 2010-2016 when I finally just stopped tracking things coz I got bored.

If you buy into your own speculation, all the power to you and I wish you happy waiting on the sidelines while others continue to enjoy years of smiles...I mean in all seriousness, just to save $15k after 7 full years or worst still not even own a car yet, seems like a pretty fruitless and unhappy pursuit...

Manda racing likes this.
  11. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I've logged countless ACTUAL SALES, not advertised pricing from 2010-2016 when I finally just stopped tracking things coz I got bored.

...I mean all seriousness, just to save $15k after 7 full years seems like such a fruitless, unhappy pursuit...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you could have had more time to enjoy your car if you spent less time obsessing about the selling prices of your car;) everyone loves a good lecture

JRE likes this.
  12. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #337 freshmeat, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Now is a good time to buy, recession is here, markets are low etc etc so prices should be top of mind for anyone looking to buy on the low.

E.g. It’s the first time I’ve seen 2 458 Speciales (non-red) sell for under $310k. I missed out on a local non-storied FF just earlier this week that had all the carbon options, led steering wheel and glass roof for 125k, 12k miles. The 2 CS’ (silver & red, both no stripes) listed in my area dropped their asking prices by another $10-15k. F12s are mighty value right now for a Ferrari 12 banger...

It feels like a buyer’s market, everyone should be looking/talking prices imho.

LightGuy likes this.
  13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL....love to read your own rambling drivel much?

Don't tell me what I haven't seen or experienced, it just makes you look rediculous. That particular day was a fun day as I drove a Murcielago Roadster, Ford GT and that Scuderia back to back.

And we all can live without the "staying on the sidelines" lecture. I make decisions that put my family first.....and I'm not going to substitute "smiles" as a justification to make bad financial decisions.

They are just cars in the end....I can tell you my last thoughts on this Earth will not be about this car or that car that I didn't buy.

I am in the market to buy another toy, but you know what? Whether I buy a Scuderia, Ford GT, Boxer, or nothing will have no bearing on my happiness.

14. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Not to mention sticky interior, hence the lack of real interior photos....surprised by the price fetched on this one, just need one motivated buyer

15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Ya, you can see the reverse and drive buttons degraded. The red interior is hot though! Makes me wish my interior was red.

f355spider likes this.
  16. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Agreed, that red does look good!

17. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Agreed, that red does look good!

18. lewishou

lewishou Rookie

Jun 7, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Please let me know when you decide on a price. Thank you.

19. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    That's a fair deal

22. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Quick question, is US spec automatically Large seats? I’ve inquired information to 2 vehicles already and seller don’t know anything about that.
    On a side note, does someone has some insight on the black scud in Charlotte? I really dig the color scheme. Black is my favorite.

23. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I inquired in detail about a high mileage (30k) red scud in Los Angeles a month ago, which is now sold. According to him (who claimed he has over 20 cars) that black scud was his old scud and it's "nothing but problems". That's why he traded for the red scud for his gf whom is now broken up and thus the red car was for sale. Sounds like BS but there's really no way to verify that other than the carfax on both cars showed the same Charlotte dealer in recent years. Just sharing what I know

JRE and chris0315 like this.
  24. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Wow, what a great Scud John!
    That's what I call a perfect offer. First hand, very well maintained, perfect specification - if someone is looking for a Scud what more could you want? And IMO, I consider it insensitive and cheeky to want another discount with such an offer. GLWS John!

25. lewishou

lewishou Rookie

Jun 7, 2008
    Atherton, CA