Are there any mods that are value neutral or additive? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are there any mods that are value neutral or additive?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GH13, Aug 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I doubt anyone here has done the things (and spent in some cases 2 or 3 times the price of the car) to cars I have. I have lost probably well over 2 million dollars (might even be higher), over the years, and the answer is unless you are building a track car, NO. Modifications are generally specific to some ones tastes, and what you like will not likely be what the next buyer wants. Wheels, I have almost never liked the stuff I see people doing, I don't do things for looks usually. I have seen too many poorly modified cars, done by people with no idea what they are doing, and in most cases the car overall performs worse than stock.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#28 dwhite, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    I'll say any car with original TRX wheel/tires that has repos in addition should add value. Oh wait both my cars have this, so I may be a bit bias.

Tubi on 308 adds value for me and again I'm bias as I have one, but it is also so much better than stock in every way.

Now I'm sure this thread was more for value than driving pleasure, as is with so many of these type threads. So I will give my pat answer; you will have to make that determination buying the car, owning the car and maybe even driving the car.

All the new Ferraris are so personalized, the secondary market is full of things I would never pay a nickel more for, that may have cost the owner 40-50K.

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Sadly, the for sure value adder is to not drive it. The second best value is to have a great and pleasing spec. As the car ages, the less a common sense mod affects the value one way or the other. These are driver cars and not investments.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    One more: Braided brake lines.

Possibly big brakes.