Our First Prancing Pony | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Our First Prancing Pony

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomc, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. You're reading my mind dude!
    I actually just this very minute came back from snapping pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

They're titanium. It matches in color with the wheels a bit better, to my eyes, than the iPhone pics show. Bought them from Miller Motorcars' online boutique. Boardwalk folks installed them for me and saved the originals in case I want to shift back.

T

Chizz and Avia11 like this.
  2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Very nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tomc likes this.
  3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, avorio looks awesome in early morning sun. Sun up around 6 AM in our little slice of heaven at this time of the year, so I can get in a nice 2 hour drive before work.

I know you can't see it with my crappy iPhone pic, but a rainbow appeared while driving my Cali the other morning!

T

4. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looks like it’s just above the tree on the left you’re headed for. I think the other end was here in SC. Been enjoying some cool morning driving as well. Thanks for sending it our way!

Chizz likes this.
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^You got great eyesight!

I'm glad to hear your weather has been excellent. This & the fall are the best time of year to drive here: sun up early, roads not crowded, not too hot. Hope you're putting a lot of miles on your Cali.

T

Chizz likes this.
  6. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just turned 21,000 with my daughter by my side. That’s 7k in 1 1/2 yrs. Loving every mile!

Chizz likes this.
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice. Always great to share these cars. You're catching up to me. Just passed 21,500 K this morning. I could do better, but work cramps my style!
    T

Chizz likes this.
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Chizz and Avia11 like this.
  9. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Aaaaack!!

You're only about 500 or so behind me.

I put abt 50 more miles on her this morning. Woulda done more, but that work thing is such a time sink. It's getting to be a really nice time of year for Ferrari driving. Temps abating a bit. Glorious upper 60s during my drive this morning. Keep up the good work, Andy!

T

Chizz likes this.
  11. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just got her back from the annual service and added my last year of the New Power Warranty. Glad I had it this past year as it covered my recent roof failure. Looking forward to cool, top down, temps! 23k here I come!

tomc, Fireman1291 and Chizz like this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Andy got me worried that I'm neglecting my mighty steed! So, I got up early for some quality time with the Cali.

Interior looks as good in the early morning light as the exterior.

Need gas to pile on the miles.

Lots of road. Gets twistier and more forest-y about 10 miles west of here. This is south of Muenster, Texas...T

13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Enjoying every post of your California ownership. Keep enjoying in good health, Tom!

Kind regards,

Nuno, a sucker for white Ferraris.

MDEL, sampelligrino and Chizz like this.
  14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Nuno. Much appreciated. My wife and I re-read this journal from time to time, and it still doesn't seem real that we own a Ferrari. It's literally a dream come true...T

15. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Your enthusiasm is infectious. Every time I walk in to my garage and look at her it makes me smile. I feel the same way it is a dream come true. Thanks to you and your wife for journaling your experiences I have enjoyed every post. Keep on motoring brother!

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Thanks. Much too kind. It's been a blast to drive, and, for us, to chronicle our minor adventures in this Ferrari...T

Chizz likes this.
  17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Enjoyed reading about your journey with your cavallino Tom! Doing a bit of a journal myself with my first Fcar in the 458/488/F8 subforum, a 488 GTB :) Put 1000 miles on the car in the first week, but that has tapered down a bit since as reality dictates other obligations. How lucky are we! Every time I look at the car or get behind the wheel it feels like such an event. Happy to see you still have your Cali, in that stunning spec, and still putting on the miles. Forza Ferrari

Well said. This thread motivates me to continue to pile on the miles as much as possible :) That's how I know I'll get good value for my car. Need to figure out ways to get up even earlier to take my Ferrari out before the LA traffic hits!

tommygun64, tomc and Chizz like this.
  18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Sam. I've read some of your thread. Very nice. It's definitely worth doing, and you never know, it may convince another F-chatter to take the plunge into the wonderful world of Ferrari driving.

As for LA traffic, no solution to that! Wife and I were just there on business, down by Newport Beach. So Cal is gorgeous, always lots of automotive eye candy, and would be awesome place to enjoy a drop top Ferrari, but your traffic is completely bonkers!

T

Chizz and sampelligrino like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom you continuo liking and enjoying your Cali like you did on the first day and that says it all…...

Chizz likes this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Completely true. It's a blast to enjoy in all scenarios - top down, top up ; comfort or sport, with paddles & yes even in Auto mode. The NA power and sound still thrill my wife and I despite the passage of time and miles...T

Chizz and MDEL like this.
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Well this is a first! Cleared my meeting calendar last Friday to enjoy a morning drive in the Cali. As, I am on my cool down lap near the house - we live where there a lot of one-way streets - I noticed a car following me. Mini-Cooper or such. So, I make a few left-right-left combos, and the car is still there. Hmm. I then finally pull over, and Mr. Mini Cooper pulls up & says "Sorry for following you, but I just had to say your car is gorgeous!" (Well, duh, I knew that!). Now, I know what celebrities feel like!
    T

MDEL and AD211 like this.
  22. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    It is beautiful! completely believable. You don’t know this but, Your thread originally fired me up enough to buy my first Ferrari and a Cali. You must drive around with an ear to ear grin :)

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Oh yeah, buddy, I'm like the Joker behind the wheel. The 1960s TV show variety!

Cool. I'm honored, and I mean that in all sincerity. I benefitted a lot from good advice when I was hunting, and to pay it forward in even a miniscule way is cool.

T

Anthony James and Chizz like this.
  24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Went out for a drive with the wife. Only one "are you speeding?"

Now for the bad...
    I know what you're thinking: Hey T, is that you off-roading in the Cali?!? Dang straight, playa playa!
    Someone just had to check out a "cute" antique store (wife-speak for a junk store) in some microscopic Texas town.

Oh well. Gorgeous weekend weather for Ferrari driving.

T

MDEL and tommygun64 like this.