Color Change Brake Calipers | FerrariChat

Color Change Brake Calipers

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Vincent Lehmann, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vincent Lehmann

BANNED

Oct 4, 2018
    Paris
    Hi guys,

Just bought an F12 with yellow brake calipers and I am keen on painting them silver; or as Ferrari call them ‘Alluminio’.

In order to achieve the original look, I have to ensure that the color matches the stock silver and more importantly have to add the ‘Brembo Carbon Ceramic’ decal/vinyl to the calipers.

As we all know, Ferrari does not hand out the color codes of their wheels nor calipers. On previous threads, the color of Alluminio was determined to being either Argento Nürburgring or Argento Metallizato. If anyone has specifics, please let me know.

Furthermore, does anyone have insight into the decals/vinyls? Are they painted on using a stencil? Or are they stickers that are simply laminated using a heat resistant coating?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Best regards from Switzerland
    V

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

unreelviper likes this.
  2. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Interesting! I have the Aluminium colored ones on my 458 and much better like the look of the Yellow calipers! I inquired with my local F-dealer, and was told that they can get the calipers painted for me. This dealer does not have its own body shop, they use a local body shop. The Dealer would just remove, send for painting, and reinstall (bleed system, check function, adjust, clear codes, do whatever to get it working)

I asked about the lettering, and was told no issue, they would put it on and will get them applied. It is some kind of label that applies "dry" and leaves the lettering behind...kind of like a Kid's tattoo, or so I was told. He made it seem as if it was no big deal.

I didn't pursue it because now I am considering keeping the calipers the Aluminum color but with only the Ferrari fascia being yellow-colored.

ReverendClog likes this.
  3. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

The latest on this, and it sounds incredible: the dealer estimated total cost about $7K as of recently. This is because the calipers have to be removed, disassembled, painted, rebuilt, washers/ rubber parts need to be removed and replaced. System flushed, bled. The $7K estimate was because the dealer recently did it for a California... and so it will likely be similar for any other late model F-car. It might make sense to just get the desired, colored calipers from a parted-out car.

4. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    +1

That’s what I did for my Ducati. Far easier and in the long run cheaper.